Naters gonna Nate - on the NBA stage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Naters gonna Nate - on the NBA stage

NBA.COM added a cool feature yesterday. If you go to a player (Wolters for instance) and click on game log, it will break down all their stats for the each game for the season.....but the cool part is that you can click on each stat and watch the video highlights. So, you can go the Miami game and watch him steal it twice from LeBron, or watch his 8 points and 3 assists from last night. Anyway, for a Nate geek like myself its kind of nice.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
      I just look at season stats and I see wolters avg more points rebounds assists ans blocks then knight and luke just luke leads pg in steals. Just seems the games wolters played more minues were at least semi-competitive and now he is playing less seems they are doing much worse with getting more guys back from injury.

Also his assist\to ratio leads the team and I think his fg leads pgs. Not sure on that but his scoring stats are not aweakness.
      It also seems that his shooting efficiency has increased as his minutes have decreased. Perhaps this is proving to be a better learning situation for him or perhaps his big minutes early are now paying off as he is settling into his total offensive game.
      The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

Comment

They have three point guards on the roster. My guess is that they are trying to get minutes to Knight and Ridnour to improve stats so they can trade one of the two. Doubtful to me that they would trade Nater. He's got a solid roster spot and should see more playing time.

The competition he was probably up against the last 17 minutes probably wasn't Detroit's best but Nate's numbers are undeniable and are consistent with when he was playing as a starter against the best the other team had to offer.

Obviously, the Bucks understand they aren't loaded but if I was the coach it would make sense to get Nater substantial minutes. If the coach is being ordered to play the other guys that is another thing entirely.

It's just awesome to see Nater performing at a level that DEMANDS playing time.

SUPERBUNNY
        MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Week 4: Bucks top 5 plays of the week. Nate w/ #3 and #1

http://www.nba.com/bucks/features/playsoftheweek

Comment

Lots of Nate Stuff On E-bay. and some on Amazon.

Comment

my son and I went to the Pistons Bucks game monday night. Mayo and Neal were horrible in the first quarter giving it up big time, they, the whole team played bad citing one of the Bucks bigs to say during a timeout, "theyre better than I thought they were" Nate came in and restored order to the court and the Bucks did make a run. Nate putting up some good layups and some in the crowd were commenting on his little head on finger tip roller. Sat two rows behind the Bucks bench and got the Jackrabbit thumbs up from him when he saw my Jackrabbit hoodie.

Comment

Knight and Ridnour with more turnovers than assists tonight

Comment

Originally posted by bubbajack View Post
                  And wolters dnp. Not sure why.
                  "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by bubbajack View Post
                    Well, they're getting what they deserve. Playing sub par veterans at the expense of playing time for some of their young talent (Henson, Wolters, Giannis) just isn't smart. If you are going to tank the season, might as well develop some of the younger players on the team... that is unless they think they might actually win some games with these guys logging more minutes and therefore don't want to risk losing a ping pong ball or two.
                    If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                    - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                      And wolters dnp. Not sure why.
                      ESPN had him listed day-to-day under the injury report. I didn't dig further for specifics.

I went and looked and ESPN said that he's sick and left practice yesterday.
                      Last edited by Bozemaniac; 11-27-2013, 11:33 PM. Reason: More info

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
                        Well, they're getting what they deserve. Playing sub par veterans at the expense of playing time for some of their young talent (Henson, Wolters, Giannis) just isn't smart. If you are going to tank the season, might as well develop some of the younger players on the team... that is unless they think they might actually win some games with these guys logging more minutes and therefore don't want to risk losing a ping pong ball or two.
                        All of this. Play Nate, Giannis, Henson, Middleton and see what happens. ****, they're the only guys that play hard it seems. I think Knight tries, but he's garbage. Ridnour is just playing out his contract. Riggin for Wiggins, hopefully. If they get him, I'll buy Bucks season tickets
                        "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                        "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Nate doesn't have an injury. He got a DNP for his 1st time in his NBA career because he was sick. There's no doubt in my mind that if Nate wasn't sick he would have played tonight. Coach Drew loves Nates game. And quite frankly he deserves playing time with how has played so far this season. And the 2 Bucks wins came when Nate started the game or played a good majority of the game. Knight had 5 assists and 5 turnovers while Ridnour had just 1 assist and 2 turnovers. Knight should not be a point guard. He has no clue how to run an offense. Hopefully Nate feels better so he can play on Friday.

Comment

Originally posted by Bozemaniac View Post
                            ESPN had him listed day-to-day under the injury report. I didn't dig further for specifics.

I went and looked and ESPN said that he's sick and left practice yesterday.
                            Thanks I figured had to be something to keep him from getting any minutes. I doubted it was from the quality of play from knight and ridenour. Imho wolters who is a pass first pg as of now in the nba with shooters on the team who like the ball figure his assist\to ratio would get a fair a mount of playing time considering their starting pg is not a great scorer but also a turn over machine.
                            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

monday night at the Pistons the trainer was talking to him and asking if he felt okay to play. you could tell by watching him he wasn't feeling well.

Comment

Interesting story about fellow Bucks rookie forward, Giannis Antetokounmpo. With the 15th pick in the 2013 Draft, the Bucks drafted a raw, long, athletic 6'9" 18year old from Greece. Giannis is now 6'10 1/4" and doctors believe he will eventually grow to be 7'. . That pick might not turn out to be too bad after all.
                                Here is the story: http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-...ing-physically
                                "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Working...
                                X