Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Naters gonna Nate - on the NBA stage

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
    I wonder is Coach Drew will give Nate a couple more minutes than usual since its his first game as a pro in his home state..
    The game is in Milwaukee.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
      The game is in Milwaukee.
      Yeah I thought it was in Minnesota....mybad

Nate ended with 2 points on 1 of 2 shooting, 1 rebound, 3 assists, 1 block, and 1 turnover in 14 minutes. The Bucks had a total of 20 turnovers in the game. Knight had 4 of them and 5 assists.

Comment

The Bucks had 25 turnovers in a 100-116 loss to the Suns. Knight and Ridnour both had 4 to's. All the Bucks guards combined for 13 turnovers. I bet half of them were cross court passes that got intercepted which lead to easy fastbreak drunks. Nate had 0 turnovers and collected 1 rebound in 3 minutes of work. Nate had back-to-back DNP-CD prior to the game against the Suns. and got in at garbage time against the Suns. Coach Drew has gone with Knight and Ridnour for starting guards and the Greek rookie in at SF. (Mayo and Butler coming off bench) and has Gary Neal come off the bench to be the back up PG. The past few games have been unwatchable. The Bucks are a mess right now. There is a report that Gary Neal and Larry Sanders got into a verbal altercation after the game. It was about effort and being selfish. Gary Neal stated, "At least I earn my money" while he stormed out of the the Bucks locker room. Neal has been known as of the most selfish players and a "chucker" on the Bucks team this year (at least to many of the Bucks fans). I have a gut feeling the Nate will be going to the D-League in the near future which I wouldn't be against so he can at least get significant minutes or he will be start to get his 20 minutes a game back.

Comment

The Bucks had 25 turnovers in a 100-116 loss to the Suns. Knight and Ridnour both had 4 to's. All the Bucks guards combined for 13 turnovers. I bet half of them were cross court passes that got intercepted which lead to easy fastbreak drunks. Nate had 0 turnovers and collected 1 rebound in 3 minutes of work. Nate had back-to-back DNP-CD prior to the game against the Suns. and got in at garbage time against the Suns. Coach Drew has gone with Knight and Ridnour for starting guards and the Greek rookie in at SF. (Mayo and Butler coming off bench) and has Gary Neal come off the bench to be the back up PG. The past few games have been unwatchable. The Bucks are a mess right now. There is a report that Gary Neal and Larry Sanders got into a verbal altercation after the game. It was about effort and being selfish. Gary Neal stated, "At least I earn my money" while he stormed out of the the Bucks locker room. Neal has been known as of the most selfish players and a "chucker" on the Bucks team this year (at least to many of the Bucks fans). I have a gut feeling the Nate will be going to the D-League in the near future which I wouldn't be against so he can at least get significant minutes or he will be start to get his 20 minutes a game back.
          Grantland's Zach Lowe agrees with you: https://twitter.com/ZachLowe_NBA/sta...54319488208896

Bucks probably had 15-20 combined lazy passes (stolen) and lazy long 2-point jumpers taken early in shot clock (mostly missed). Awful.
          Originally posted by JackFan96
          Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Joe Kaiser wrote an insider article about Nate today:

Nate Wolters' Underrated Skill*
            http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/nba/...espnapi_public

*You have to have insider to read the article (which I don't)

Comment

I don't want to copy the whole article onto here, but it talks about his defense.

Quote:
              Would you believe that of all the players in the NBA with at least 100 defensive plays -- that is, plays where he guards the shooter -- the Bucks' rookie ranks No. 7 in the league in defensive efficiency, allowing only 0.693 points per play according to Synergy Sports. That's also tops among all guards.

Comment

I can't claim to have watched a lot, but even in highlights I have seen of Milwaukee it appears they have a team mostly filled with black holes. The pass goes to into them and it never comes back out. No flow to the offense and overall a very selfish bunch.
                The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

Comment

Originally posted by JackrabbitGuy View Post
                  I can't claim to have watched a lot, but even in highlights I have seen of Milwaukee it appears they have a team mostly filled with black holes. The pass goes to into them and it never comes back out. No flow to the offense and overall a very selfish bunch.
                  seems a microcosim of the NBA in general. a few teams really set themselves apart, Miami, Spurs, golden state, there are good teams with avg records but really for the most part i would say more then half the league would fit that bill.

What really seems bad from the little i see is just there is no effort, no effort to rebound or get into position for a pass or anything.

The big thing I dont get that Luke is getting starts while Naters gets DNP is that Naters stats are generally better in every catagory over Lukes. Lukes 3pt percent and steals I think are the only 2 he is better then nate in. Othewise Naters pts, rebounds, assist, blocks. asst/to FG%FT% are better. They are sort of the same type of player who in the long run i suspect Nates career will look something like Lukes. Just frustrating as a fan that it appears nate has proven himself but the coaches are going away from him even more. I honestly think they are in tank mode to get one of the big 3. as of now I think if Wiggins, Parker, Randle if they all go those 3 are all legit and will contribute and the bucks are holding out for one of them. Mayo hardly has played and got benched but his scoring is needed and frankly he does better then some in the assist department. Illosova seems to be a horible black hole, he gets it and will try to score no matter what. I would play nate at Pg and move Knight to SG, It would seem a team with some shooters and guys who look to score to have a PG who can effectively distribute the ball making their job easier. but if they are banking on the future, I would think we would see more Nate less Luke and they need henson to keep developing. they have the alaphbet 1st round pick starting some and has a huge upside so i see why they need to work him but they have some older guys on the team who dont seem to fit the direction or style of the team is or should be going.
                  "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Not too surprised about his defensive numbers as he has played decent all year on that side of the court. It is kind of interesting though because despite his good size as a pg he has relativity short arms compared to the average NBA player. Nate has high basketball IQ and is just a basketball player which makes up for his lack of wingspan and high level athleticism.
                    Last edited by witness; 01-06-2014, 07:17 PM.
                    "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                      seems a microcosim of the NBA in general. a few teams really set themselves apart, Miami, Spurs, golden state, there are good teams with avg records but really for the most part i would say more then half the league would fit that bill.
                      Again, from someone who has followed and watched the NBA for how long?

Comment

I have league pass and have seen every Bucks game so far this season. Its unbearable to watch the Bucks play. I have started to just watch the games on-demand and just skip to the parts when Nate has played because they are so hard to watch. I remember 1 game when Mayo didn't touch the ball for 2 possessions in a row and on the next possession the Bucks had he got the ball and shot a contested 3 pointer with plenty of time left on the shot clock. The Bucks are one of the more selfish teams in the league because there record is so bad. There's no flow or an offense. All the vets on the team just want to get their numbers and collect a pay check. I don't want to know what goes through Nate's head when he's watching and playing with them. It's defiantly different then playing in college.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                          If teams played better I and others would watch more. There are only a hand full of teams that are decent to watch that play as a team on both sides of the ball. If you think the majority of teams play a quailty game all around and its compelling basketball I don't lknow what to tell you. But some one who loves the nba probably doesn't care what my opinion is anyway.
                          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                            Oh and I followed and watched the nba pretty close since late 80 to about 2000. So its not like I've watched an nba game before. Thanks though.

Comment

I It's defiantly different then playing in college.
                              Yes, yes it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Zach Lowe column on Grantland today with a Bucks tidbit:

6. Gary Neal, Backup Point Guard
                                Neal has only played 76 minutes without at least one of Brandon Knight, Luke Ridnour, or Nate Wolters on the floor, but it might be time for Larry Drew to cut that total down to zero. Milwaukee's offense has cratered in those minutes, and Neal's turnover rate has jumped to scary levels when Drew has given him primary ballhandling duties. It's just a lost season for Milwaukee.

Comment

Working...
                                X