Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Naters gonna Nate - on the NBA stage

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
    Nope...I quit reading right about here...

FALSE. It happens all the time in the NBA.

But hey, what do I know...
    Care to cite some examples? Should be fairly easy since it happens all the time.

Also, again, if someone wants to trade for him as an expiring contract (possible), why would Milwaukee need to "show case" him? The continued story on this message board has been that Ridnour is getting playing time so that other teams will want to trade for him (I'm sure the 38% FG shooting and 27% from 3 are helping).

Last, why would Milwaukee, a team that is playing for nothing, trade a guy that is going to come off their books anyway? They don't need any players, and it's doubtful he's even worth a 2nd round pick. Milwaukee would be more likely to keep Ridnour and then let his deal expire at the end of the year.
    Originally posted by JackFan96
    Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
      Care to cite some examples? Should be fairly easy since it happens all the time.
      Here's every trade from 2006-2013:

http://www.hoopsworld.com/nba-trade-history

Plenty of marginal players (young and old alike) get moved every year with no defensive talent whatsoever. I never said Ridnour was getting 'showcased'. I'm simply refuting your opening statement that went something like this..."No One is going to trade for a 32 yr old backup point guard that can't play defense..."
      "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Good examples.

Also my first statement was wrong. Ridnour can't play offense either.

I'm at the point of not caring anymore. Hopefully the Bucks can get a couple great assets when the trade Ridnour in the upcoming months.

Comment

Great article about Nater!

http://oldfashioned3.sportsblog.com/...en_rookie.html

Talks about Nate as the forgotten rookie. Also, the fact that he is 3rd in stats for Rookie PG's and since the top two rookies are PG's right now that being third isn't a bad deal.

With Nate on the floor the Bucks are +0.7 in + or - rating. With him off the court they are an awful -8.1. All things point to him getting more opportunities.

The thing that strikes me is that he has really struggled from 3-point range. He's only hitting like 11.2%. We know he can hit that shot. We watched it for four years. If he raises that up which I'm sure he will then even more things open up on the pick-and-roll.

No doubt Nater will work harder then anyone and those that bet against him are making a mistake.

Really proud of him! Oh, by the way, he's a pretty solid citizen as well. That's nice to see!

SUPERBUNNY
          MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
            Great article about Nater!

http://oldfashioned3.sportsblog.com/...en_rookie.html

Talks about Nate as the forgotten rookie. Also, the fact that he is 3rd in stats for Rookie PG's and since the top two rookies are PG's right now that being third isn't a bad deal.

With Nate on the floor the Bucks are +0.7 in + or - rating. With him off the court they are an awful -8.1. All things point to him getting more opportunities.

The thing that strikes me is that he has really struggled from 3-point range. He's only hitting like 11.2%. We know he can hit that shot. We watched it for four years. If he raises that up which I'm sure he will then even more things open up on the pick-and-roll.

No doubt Nater will work harder then anyone and those that bet against him are making a mistake.

Really proud of him! Oh, by the way, he's a pretty solid citizen as well. That's nice to see!

SUPERBUNNY
            I don't think we know he can hit that shot (consistently at least). Sure he made a few HUGE 3's from NBA range during his college career, but the VAST majority of his 3's in college were from inside the NBA arc. I would bet half of the deep 3's he made while at SDSU were actually from within the NBA circle. Throw in bigger/faster/stronger defenders, and suddenly the NBA 3 becomes much more difficult than hitting them against IPFW in front of 800 people. On top of all that, for much of his college career he was really a pretty average 3 point shooter - 34.3%. There are 102 players in the league who are shooting better than that from the NBA line. That's just about a quarter of the league that hits a higher percent than Nate did in college. It has frankly always been the weakest part of his game.

Hopefully he gets it figured out, because even with all his other skills that appear to be NBA ready, there isn't much room in the NBA (or anywhere really) for a point guard who can't hit threes.
            “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
              I don't think we know he can hit that shot (consistently at least). Sure he made a few HUGE 3's from NBA range during his college career, but the VAST majority of his 3's in college were from inside the NBA arc. I would bet half of the deep 3's he made while at SDSU were actually from within the NBA circle. Throw in bigger/faster/stronger defenders, and suddenly the NBA 3 becomes much more difficult than hitting them against IPFW in front of 800 people. On top of all that, for much of his college career he was really a pretty average 3 point shooter - 34.3%. There are 102 players in the league who are shooting better than that from the NBA line. That's just about a quarter of the league that hits a higher percent than Nate did in college. It has frankly always been the weakest part of his game.

Hopefully he gets it figured out, because even with all his other skills that appear to be NBA ready, there isn't much room in the NBA (or anywhere really) for a point guard who can't hit threes.
              I agree with all of this.

The only caveat is, is that there are numerous players in the NBA that never were 3 shooters and learned the skill in the NBA. If they can do it, Nate can do it.

Comment

Well, Nate didn't play tonight, which is sad. The Bucks scored 72 points with 27 in the second half. Pathetic!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
                  Well, Nate didn't play tonight, which is sad. The Bucks scored 72 points with 27 in the second half. Pathetic!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  And knight took 21 shots to score 12 points. Ridnour stats wise was pretty good but that was about it. Doesn't make sense why wolters can't see the floor when so much of the team struggles yet they look a little better when he is playing. Maybe its wolters who needs a trade to a dfecent team.
                  "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Bucks need to play him or send him down to the D League. Like at SDSU. He needs playing time to develop and he's just wasting away sitting on the bench all game.
                    "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

They cant really send him down since they need the insurance in case knight or ridenour go down again...and they can't play him because he improves the team to a point where they might play themselves out of the most ping pong balls...
                      -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
                        They cant really send him down since they need the insurance in case knight or ridenour go down again...and they can't play him because he improves the team to a point where they might play themselves out of the most ping pong balls...
                        BINGO!!! I think I heard Colin Cowherd do a rant before Christmas that if NBA teams want to compete for championships, they have to be big time markets for free agents or get the most ping pong balls. Teams that flounder just outside of the lottery picks, will continue to flounder outside of the lottery picks.

Comment

Originally posted by GopherHole View Post
                          BINGO!!! I think I heard Colin Cowherd do a rant before Christmas that if NBA teams want to compete for championships, they have to be big time markets for free agents or get the most ping pong balls. Teams that flounder just outside of the lottery picks, will continue to flounder outside of the lottery picks.
                          There are rare exceptions, but it's mostly true. Also, Nate is not good enough to carry them out of that spot. In my opinion, of course. I don't mean it as a Nate isn't good, just that that entire team is hot garbage and Nate alone wouldn't move them from the last spot.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                            There are rare exceptions, but it's mostly true. Also, Nate is not good enough to carry them out of that spot. In my opinion, of course. I don't mean it as a Nate isn't good, just that that entire team is hot garbage and Nate alone wouldn't move them from the last spot.
                            Nate alone isn't good enough. But I've seen most of the Bucks games this year and the offense runs better when he is running it. Maybe it doesn't push them over the edge, but the coaching staff isn't going to take that chance.
                            -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

If the bucks are worried a second round draft pick is to good to play becasue it might ruin its lottery chances then they have more problems then we think. I would think developing its youinger guys like wolters and henson would be good not for the future but for trade potential. Maybe they have good young guys who could move on so the bucks could maybe trade for a couple more picks in the daft.
                              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Larry Drew decided to play Nate tonight once the Bucks got down by 29 with about 4 minutes left. Nate got 1 assist and didn't attempt a shot.

Comment

Working...
                                X