Naters gonna Nate - on the NBA stage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Naters gonna Nate - on the NBA stage

Nate got to play the last 2 minutes of a 21 point loss to Golden State. He ended with 1 point (1-2ft), 2 assists, and 1 turnover. Knight had 18 points (8-15), 4 assists, 1 steal, and 2 turnovers in 36 minutes. And Luke Ridnour had 4 points (2-9), 1 rebound, 3 assists, 1 block, and 0 turnovers in 26 minutes. Gary Neal got a DNP-CD. At least Larry Drew figured out that he shouldn't play Neal, but now he needs to figure out how to get Nate more minutes.

Comment

Saw a report that the Bucks are doing everything they can to trade Gary Neal as soon as possible. Apparently the altercation with Larry Sanders was the last straw.

Comment

There seems to be a push to get Ridnour minutes. The problem is that, at this point in his career you get a "good" Ridnour once every 3 or 4 outings. The rest of the time he stinks it up.

I don't get why Drew has Nate sitting right now, it doesn't make a whole lot of sense. It could be an attempt to move Ridnour or it could be that Drew actually believes his offense is better off right now without Nate on the floor. The stats don't represent the second way of thinking, so I guess we will just have to wait and see. Oddly enough, when Nate's minutes fell; so did Middleton's. Which is really odd. On many nights he was the lone bright spot on a team full of chuckers.

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
        Nate got to play the last 2 minutes of a 21 point loss to Golden State. He ended with 1 point (1-2ft), 2 assists, and 1 turnover. Knight had 18 points (8-15), 4 assists, 1 steal, and 2 turnovers in 36 minutes. And Luke Ridnour had 4 points (2-9), 1 rebound, 3 assists, 1 block, and 0 turnovers in 26 minutes. Gary Neal got a DNP-CD. At least Larry Drew figured out that he shouldn't play Neal, but now he needs to figure out how to get Nate more minutes.

Comment

Well, I know that some here discount others knowledge of the nba, so I wont try to sway any opinion on that. but when people claim the players travel and it is grossly discounted, well that isn't right.

Let me submit exhibit A:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...snt-get-called

End. Discussion.

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
            Well, I know that some here discount others knowledge of the nba, so I wont try to sway any opinion on that. but when people claim the players travel and it is grossly discounted, well that isn't right.

Let me submit exhibit A:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...snt-get-called

End. Discussion.

That. Is. Awesome.
            "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by jacksfan29 View Post
              There seems to be a push to get Ridnour minutes. The problem is that, at this point in his career you get a "good" Ridnour once every 3 or 4 outings. The rest of the time he stinks it up.

I don't get why Drew has Nate sitting right now, it doesn't make a whole lot of sense. It could be an attempt to move Ridnour or it could be that Drew actually believes his offense is better off right now without Nate on the floor. The stats don't represent the second way of thinking, so I guess we will just have to wait and see. Oddly enough, when Nate's minutes fell; so did Middleton's. Which is really odd. On many nights he was the lone bright spot on a team full of chuckers.
              I think you're correct about playing Ridnour to make it possible to move him before the trade deadline - he is an expiring contract that should be attractive to a team trying to make the play-offs. And to be honest , the Bucks season has probably reached the point where trying to win games this season may not be a high priority.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                I think you're correct about playing Ridnour to make it possible to move him before the trade deadline - he is an expiring contract that should be attractive to a team trying to make the play-offs. And to be honest , the Bucks season has probably reached the point where trying to win games this season may not be a high priority.
                I would think developing players for next is.

Comment

The thing that i don't understand is that Drew was quoted about getting more minutes for Nate back in early December. Since than Nate has about 4 DNP-CD and only got in a couple minutes during garbage time or in 30 point blowouts (12/11 against the Spurs ; 18 points 7 assists).

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/234909981.html

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                    I would think developing players for next is.
                    I agree. The Bucks are already 20 games below .500 and the season isn't even half over yet. More than likely Drew is just trying to showcase Ridnour to teams that are in need of a backup pg for the playoffs. The Greek rookie has went to barely playing to starting and getting significant minutes this past month.

Comment

No one is going to trade for a 32 year old backup point guard that can't play defense. The only reason anyone would trade for him is because his deal is expiring and they are trying to clear cap space for this summer. And he doesn't need to play to showcase that. No one with playoff aspirations wants Luke Ridnour.
                      Originally posted by JackFan96
                      Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                        No one is going to trade for a 32 year old backup point guard that can't play defense. The only reason anyone would trade for him is because his deal is expiring and they are trying to clear cap space for this summer. And he doesn't need to play to showcase that. No one with playoff aspirations wants Luke Ridnour.
                        Which is the exact reason why he could very well be traded before the deadline. C'mon man, aren't you the resident NBA expert around here?
                        "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
                          Which is the exact reason why he could very well be traded before the deadline. C'mon man, aren't you the resident NBA expert around here?
                          Yup. Expiring contracts are a good trade chip to have.
                          Last edited by witness; 01-09-2014, 07:40 AM.
                          "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Article/Podcast about if Nate Wolters, Brandon Knight, and Kris Middleton should be apart of the Bucks "Core"

http://www.brewhoop.com/2014/1/9/529...brandon-knight

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
                              Did you stop reading at the bold?

Ridnour's playing time was being rationalized as a showcase for a team to trade for him. No one needs to see him play if they are going to trade for him as an expiring contract ...
                              Originally posted by JackFan96
                              Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Did you stop reading at the bold?
                                Nope...I quit reading right about here...
                                No one is going to trade for a 32 year old backup point guard that can't play defense....
                                FALSE. It happens all the time in the NBA.

But hey, what do I know...

Comment

Working...
                                X