Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Naters gonna Nate - on the NBA stage

Originally posted by goon View Post
    If the bucks are worried a second round draft pick is to good to play becasue it might ruin its lottery chances then they have more problems then we think. I would think developing its youinger guys like wolters and henson would be good not for the future but for trade potential. Maybe they have good young guys who could move on so the bucks could maybe trade for a couple more picks in the daft.
    Sadly with him in the line up they are a better team. That is more indicitive of the state of that team than of Nate's ability as a rookie. They are running their 1st round pick out there more to appease thr fan base even though he isn't close to being NBA ready. I would like to see Nate in the NBAD League so that he can work on his shot which isnt very good right now...
    -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

I see the Bucks are 7-30, and the lowest amount of wins in the entire NBA, and Nate is riding the pine. Not a good situation. I don't follow NBA. So I offer no solutions. Only the best for Nate, and maybe a trade were his talent will be put to greater use.
      Last edited by Nidaros; 01-14-2014, 06:07 AM.

Comment

Mike Miller and the Grizzles vs. Nate Wolters and the Bucks tonight in Milwaukee. It would be a bigger deal if Nate Wolters was still getting the minutes like he did earlier in the year. Hope the Bucks get down earlier by A LOT so Nate can see more than 4 minutes.

Comment

I know when Nate went to IMG this spring to prepare for the draft he was working on get getting quicker....but the other area of focus was his shot. He was working on a quicker release and a higher release point. My gut feeling is that in game situations he has never felt comfortable with his new shot. Just look at his free throws, he is right around 70% this year....wasn't he over 80% in college?

I think as he went through the pre-draft process there were different visits and such that cut down on his gym time. Once he started losing confidence he has never got it back. I'm not sure that Nate will ever be a great 3 point shooter but I will guess that he is better than 11%. I think he will improve as time goes along, if he can get to decent he has a shot at a long career. If it doesn't get better his window is pretty short. The one thing that I am confident in is that Nate will put in the time necessary to get better.

Comment

Originally posted by NebraskaJack View Post
            I know when Nate went to IMG this spring to prepare for the draft he was working on get getting quicker....but the other area of focus was his shot. He was working on a quicker release and a higher release point. My gut feeling is that in game situations he has never felt comfortable with his new shot. Just look at his free throws, he is right around 70% this year....wasn't he over 80% in college?

I think as he went through the pre-draft process there were different visits and such that cut down on his gym time. Once he started losing confidence he has never got it back. I'm not sure that Nate will ever be a great 3 point shooter but I will guess that he is better than 11%. I think he will improve as time goes along, if he can get to decent he has a shot at a long career. If it doesn't get better his window is pretty short. The one thing that I am confident in is that Nate will put in the time necessary to get better.
            I think this is an interesting post.

Just how much extra time does an NBA player have to work on their game, especially during the season? I would guess it is not uncommon to put in 10 hour days (or more between walk throughs, games, travel, meetings, PR events, etc). Putting in much extra gym time is a recipe for fatigue, especially for a rookie. If he is fatigued his game would really start to slide (lower than expected shooting percentages are a big red flag for fatigue too). People think pro sports is a glamorous rock star life, and in a lot of ways it is. But it is also a grind, and putting in extra time isn't nearly as easy as heading to the gym after 3 classes, a 3 hour practice, and a little film.

Generally, professional athletes don't improve during the season. The off season is where players improve, IMO, and the off season workouts of the great ones were/are pretty well known. Kobe and Lebron especially have been known to add significant wrinkles to their games during the summer months.

IMO, Nate has shown he can hold his own on an NBA court. He hasn't been sent down to the D League because he doesn't need court time to be ready for the NBA. Maybe he spends some time in the D League, but he needs an off season.
            “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Nate ranked one of the biggest steals from the 2013 draft.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...t-class/page/3

Comment

Bucks down by 24 to the Spurs after three. Nate has not been in the game. WTF!!!
                When you put on that jersey, the name on the front is more important than the name on the back.

Comment

#FreeNateWolters
                  I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Nate came in and played the whole 4th quarter. Finished with 9pts 3ast 1reb 1blk on 3-7fg 3-5ft shooting. For what its worth, Nate finished with the best +/- as well.
                    "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Originally posted by witness View Post
                      Nate came in and played the whole 4th quarter. Finished with 9pts 3ast 1reb 1blk on 3-7fg 3-5ft shooting. For what its worth, Nate finished with the best +/- as well.
                      Interesting quote from Drew on Nate in the game story.

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/bucks...z1.html?page=1

Drew has a mess on his hands. Comments from Butler and Mayo last week point to a divided locker room (vets v young guys). Nate's personality is not to sit around and complain about playing time, and I can't see him picking sides in a locker room war or causing trouble. My guess is right now it is easier for Drew to sit Nate and have him work on his shot. I've read a couple quotes lately about Nate getting more time after the trade deadline. I think the Bucks roster is about to change dramatically.

That said, it was good to see him on the floor again last night. He is still fun to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by jacksfan29 View Post
                        Interesting quote from Drew on Nate in the game story.

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/bucks...z1.html?page=1

Drew has a mess on his hands. Comments from Butler and Mayo last week point to a divided locker room (vets v young guys). Nate's personality is not to sit around and complain about playing time, and I can't see him picking sides in a locker room war or causing trouble. My guess is right now it is easier for Drew to sit Nate and have him work on his shot. I've read a couple quotes lately about Nate getting more time after the trade deadline. I think the Bucks roster is about to change dramatically.

That said, it was good to see him on the floor again last night. He is still fun to watch.
                        I was thinking that it was going to clear house on some vets to clear some money and focus on the draft again and work on developing its younger talent for its future and also for future trade ability. If they are going to sit him on the bench might as well send him to the D league to work on his shot in game situation and get that experience still. call him up after the trade deadline.
                        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

A Greek Freak/Henson/Embiid frontcourt would get me all giddy inside. That is some crazy length right there
                          "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Just read an entry on HoopsRumors.com that says the Bucks are "enamored" with Oklahoma State PG Marcus Smart for next year's draft. They will probably have their choice of a number of great players , but that wouldn't do anything for Nate's career in Milwaukee if it would happen.

Comment

The bucks if they are smart would end up with Either parker, Randle or Wiggins to start. Probably parker and randle are more NBA ready but Wiggins might have a bigger ceiling. but The bucks would probably be smart to trade to get another 1st round draft pick if they can since it should be a rather deep draft class from the looks of it.
                              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                                Just read an entry on HoopsRumors.com that says the Bucks are "enamored" with Oklahoma State PG Marcus Smart for next year's draft. They will probably have their choice of a number of great players , but that wouldn't do anything for Nate's career in Milwaukee if it would happen.
                                Depends on if they keep or trade Knight or move him to shooting guard and get rid of Mayo. Most likely the bucks wouldnt keep Ridenour a long time either so they would still probably want another pg but would be hard having 2 with little to no expereince in the NBA. sort of nice to have that vet to help and learn from.

Comment

Working...
                                X