X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Naters gonna Nate - on the NBA stage

Originally posted by witness View Post
    He's struggling though right....
    Yeah, he's doing turrible (Charles Barkley)

Comment

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
      Nate's shot will come around. You don't go to the gym and put up shots as much as he does and not see progress. He needs to get the ball in rhythm and then he will knock the shot down. I don't want to know how many times his teammates have missed Nate on a wide open cuts to the basket. He also isn't looking for his shot and being unselfish. His role is to get the team into sets and pass the ball to Mayo, Butler, and Neal so they can chuck up terrible shots, which he has done an excellent job doing. His defense hasn't been as bad as I thought it would be either.

Quote from Mayo on his own success so far this season:
      "Open shots," Mayo said of his success so far this season. "Created by him (point guard Nate Wolters). Passes have been on time, on target, and it's my job to knock them down."

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...illiams/page/9
      No kidding, from what i have noticed is that if could make the shots after nate gets them a good pass his assist numbers would look much much better. wouldnt mind seeing him take somemore floaters into the lane.
      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Looks like Ridnour got the start and Wolters will be coming off the bench. probably still execpt him to get plently of minutes. Probably just trying to shake things up and use Ridnours expereince to start if he is getting healthy again.
        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

Originally posted by witness View Post
          He's struggling though right....
          He is with his outside shot.
          Originally posted by JackFan96
          Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Watching Nate Wolters play against the Sixers and the Sixers broadcasting have said he is from San Diego State and North Dakota State. At least they got it right the third time. Haha
            "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Milwaukee is now 2-10 and DEAD LAST in the NBA in points per possession at 93.2 points per 100 possessions. For reference, the Heat are #1 at 111.5.

Could be a real, real ugly year.

Comment

If you want to keep up with Nate without watching a whole game, the NBA announced box scores with video links.

http://stats.nba.com/gameDetail.html?GameID=0021300193

You can click on any individual stat to watch the play happen. This is one of those times I feel like I'm living in the future.
                “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

... or you can go right to the player page to watch any statistical category for a whole season:

http://stats.nba.com/playerStats.html?PlayerID=203489

I cannot imagine this will stay free for long.
                  “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
                    ... or you can go right to the player page to watch any statistical category for a whole season:

http://stats.nba.com/playerStats.html?PlayerID=203489

I cannot imagine this will stay free for long.
                    From everything I've read, it will. The NBA wants to become more available to people and this is one way they are planning on doing it. The depth of the statistics available for free on NBA.com (including individual shot charts) were recently added as well with the same goal in mind.

Comment

Bucks playing the Pistons down 30 at halftime. Brandon Knights line. 3 assits...0steals....0blocks...0 rebounds...2 points....and 5 turnovers. Nate Wolters...0 F-ing minutes. I have a feeling we're all going to start to see what the NBA is all about....who's gettin' paid....plays.
                      SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Originally posted by propar80 View Post
                        Bucks playing the Pistons down 30 at halftime. Brandon Knights line. 3 assits...0steals....0blocks...0 rebounds...2 points....and 5 turnovers. Nate Wolters...0 F-ing minutes. I have a feeling we're all going to start to see what the NBA is all about....who's gettin' paid....plays.
                        I think they are in the tank mode with wolters on the bench. In my non nba coaching eyes if they want to win or get their offense in the flow nate needs to play more. Put knight at 2 and nate and luke split more pg minutes. I mean they are a bad team either way but with wolters playing less lately they seem extra bad.

Comment

Nate goes in the last 17 minutes...8 points...4 assists...0 blks...0 steals...0 TURNOVERS!! They were down +30 when Nate entered and ended up losing by 19. There is no doubt he makes this terrible team at least work a little bit.
                          SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Originally posted by propar80 View Post
                            Nate goes in the last 17 minutes...8 points...4 assists...0 blks...0 steals...0 TURNOVERS!! They were down +30 when Nate entered and ended up losing by 19. There is no doubt he makes this terrible team at least work a little bit.
                            I mean I don't disagree, but I doubt the competition he was facing during those last 17 minutes was very stingy...

Comment

I just look at season stats and I see wolters avg more points rebounds assists ans blocks then knight and luke just luke leads pg in steals. Just seems the games wolters played more minues were at least semi-competitive and now he is playing less seems they are doing much worse with getting more guys back from injury.

Also his assist\to ratio leads the team and I think his fg leads pgs. Not sure on that but his scoring stats are not aweakness.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                                I mean I don't disagree, but I doubt the competition he was facing during those last 17 minutes was very stingy...
                                The guys on the floor at the end of an NBA blowout are fighting for their livelihood. They are going to be as stingy as their talent allows.

Nate is playing like the kind of point guard superstars LOVE to play with. Not a lot of pass first guys in the league. Even fewer who take care of the ball like he does.

Would not be surprised at all to see him get traded to a playoff contender to play a true backup point guard role.

Comment

Working...
                                X