Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Naters gonna Nate - on the NBA stage

Originally posted by jacksfan29 View Post
    You do understand he is a rookie and he is adjusting to a very different game? Its the NBA, everything is faster the players are bigger and more athletic. If you listen to his coaches and interviews with Nate, he is there to run the offense, not score 30 per game. His shot will come, give the guy time.
    I had no idea. Thank you for letting me know.
    Originally posted by JackFan96
    Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by jacksfan29 View Post
      You do understand he is a rookie and he is adjusting to a very different game? Its the NBA, everything is faster the players are bigger and more athletic. If you listen to his coaches and interviews with Nate, he is there to run the offense, not score 30 per game. His shot will come, give the guy time.
      Reps. Its the first few games of his rookie season. Yeah he might not be draining it from 3 but when you lead the league in assist-turnover ratio you must be doing something right. I will wait to pass judgement on his bad shooting if it continues later this season. Not gonna freak out over the first month.
      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
        lol Ya learn something new every day

Comment

It's not like the NBA 3pt line is farther out than in college or anything like that...
          "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
            I'm just glad we got away from the discussion of Duke basketball.

Comment

Originally posted by NebraskaJack View Post
              It's hard to run an offense when they don't have to respect your shot. I know it's starting to concern Bucks fans, I'm guessing the coaching staff won't be far behind.
              I believe the team as a whole are shooting poorly. Under 40% the past two games. Some of that may have to do with tired legs, that includes Nate. Four games in five nights playing 7 - 8 guys will do that to you in the NBA.

Comment

Nate Wolters fg % is 2nd among rookie pgs and 11th overall. Does his 3pt shooting need some work? Yes, but I'm not freaking out about it at all. He's a rookie less than 10 games into his young career

Comment

The Bucks offense just isn't real good. And the injuries aren't helping that either. Nate is being asked to run the offense, not score 20 ppg. I would say that's Mayo's job, but he has to shoot a ton to get that.

I've have no beef with his play. I'm thrilled to see he's playing this much.

Comment

Nate Wolters

The floater has given him a handful of baskets off the dribble, but he’s largely struggled whether driving or spotting up. The the outside shot isn’t there yet either.
                    Wolters also has a good sense of timing on when to make a backdoor cut.

Nate's most recent shot chart.

Comment

Nate ranks 3rd in the most recent rookie ladder only behind MCW and Oladipo.

http://www.nba.com/rookie-ladder/?cid=nba_12_twitter_L

Comment

I don't think this has been posted here yet http://www.nba.com/bucks/features/mb-131114

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
                          I don't think this has been posted here yet http://www.nba.com/bucks/features/mb-131114
                          I loved this quote when he was talking about South Dakota: "They don't have pro sports teams there,so South Dakota State's kind of the main deal."

#usdsmack

Comment

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
                            Nate ranks 3rd in the most recent rookie ladder only behind MCW and Oladipo.

http://www.nba.com/rookie-ladder/?cid=nba_12_twitter_L
                            He's struggling though right....

Comment

Originally posted by witness View Post
                              He's struggling though right....
                              To bad he isnt shoot like %40 percent from 3.......
                              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Nate's shot will come around. You don't go to the gym and put up shots as much as he does and not see progress. He needs to get the ball in rhythm and then he will knock the shot down. I don't want to know how many times his teammates have missed Nate on a wide open cuts to the basket. He also isn't looking for his shot and being unselfish. His role is to get the team into sets and pass the ball to Mayo, Butler, and Neal so they can chuck up terrible shots, which he has done an excellent job doing. His defense hasn't been as bad as I thought it would be either.

Quote from Mayo on his own success so far this season:
                                "Open shots," Mayo said of his success so far this season. "Created by him (point guard Nate Wolters). Passes have been on time, on target, and it's my job to knock them down."

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...illiams/page/9

Comment

Working...
                                X