Naters gonna Nate - on the NBA stage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Naters gonna Nate - on the NBA stage

He literally led them to the win. I'm nervous for the Jacks this year.

Comment

Larry Drew, asked about Nate, "I'll tell you what, he was magnificent, this kid has really grown in a short period of time, he's playing with a lot of poise, he's playing with a lot of composure, he's making plays he's defending, he's doing a phenomenal job, and leading our ball club when we've been short handed at the point guard position."

Comment

Originally posted by boxerboy View Post
        Larry Drew, asked about Nate, "I'll tell you what, he was magnificent, this kid has really grown in a short period of time, he's playing with a lot of poise, he's playing with a lot of composure, he's making plays he's defending, he's doing a phenomenal job, and leading our ball club when we've been short handed at the point guard position."
        That's fantastic. I thought Nate looked more comfortable tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
          Unable to watch at inlaws but followed along on tablet...Love it!
          Wish I could have still painting but I kept looking at the epsn game tracker.
          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

I'm going to have to set up a "Nate Basketball Association" section here, aren't I?
            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Good move, Filbert, remember the discussion earlier this year on whether he'd get drafted or get cut if he did? It's a long NBA season but the kid is getting what most rookies don't, experience.

Comment

Nate Wolters. Basketball player.
                "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Boston is going to make a run for the worst team in the league this year, so part of me is trying to temper my utter joy at watching Nate tonight...but bad team or not, Nate played his game. I think we all made the mistake of thinking that he would have to revamp his style. He played with that "sleepy quickness" the whole game.

It is all about learning as a rookie and if there is one thing he is best at, it is learning how to play ball. Kudos to Nate...guess I'm gonna have to spring for the NBA Game Time application
                  -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Milwaukee journal names Wolters as player of the game

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports...81.html?ipad=y

PLAYER OF GAME: Nate Wolters led the Bucks comeback and directed the team to victory down the stretch. He hit 5 of 10 shots and had just one turnover while playing 29 minutes, including the entire fourth quarter. "He (coach Drew) has shown a lot of confidence in me the last couple games, keeping me in crunch time. This is an unbelievable experience for me, something I really didn't expect to happen."

He was magnificent," Drew said. "He has really grown in a short period of time. He's playing with a lot of poise. He's making plays; he's defending. He's just doing a phenomenal job in leading our ball club when we've been short-handed at the point guard position."

Comment

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3
                      Originally posted by JackFan96
                      Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

So happy that Nate is:

1. Getting the chance to play.
                        2. Making the most of it.
                        3. His joy of playing basketball is shining through.

What a great opportunity for Nater. Even the Bucks twitter account has picked up on the Nater is gonna nate idea. Classic!

When you think about Nate and his time here, does it really shock anyone what he is doing? Just Nater being Nater!

Man, if I was a point guard for Milwaukee not named Nate, I'd be worried about a roster spot. Ridenour in particular. He better produce big time when he gets back or he will be moved along.

Loved it when they announced the Bucks win and Nate's stats in Frost Arena last night! Big reaction!

Keep it up Nater! Jackrabbit Nation couldn't be more proud of you!

SUPERBUNNY
                        MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
                          So happy that Nate is:

What a great opportunity for Nater. Even the Bucks twitter account has picked up on the Nater is gonna nate idea. Classic!

When you think about Nate and his time here, does it really shock anyone what he is doing? Just Nater being Nater!

Man, if I was a point guard for Milwaukee not named Nate, I'd be worried about a roster spot. Ridenour in particular. He better produce big time when he gets back or he will be moved along.

Loved it when they announced the Bucks win and Nate's stats in Frost Arena last night! Big reaction!

SUPERBUNNY
                          This is the most I have ever cared about the nba since I was a kid and my utah jass lost to the stupid bulls in the finals. Also helps take the sting away from my st louis cardinals losing the world series. Apparently I'm on my way of becoming a mil bucks fan now.
                          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
                            So happy that Nate is:

SUPERBUNNY
                            I have heard that Ridenour has been quite a good mentor for Nate, so let's hope he stays with the team a bit longer. The Bucks do not want to keep Knight long term and age will soon catch up with Ridenour.
                            Go Big! Go Blue! Go Jacks!

Comment

Nate would best be served to be in a rotation with Ridenour and Knight. He has played well so far and it looks like he has transitioned the same game to the next level. But, it will be interesting to watch as the season progresses how an 82 game season wears on him. No matter the sport or athlete, on of the hardest things to get accustomed to is the daily grind. Let Nate ease into it and use this year to learn and have flashes of brilliance.

There are going to be games where he really struggles with the speed of the next level this year, so let's bank these "classic Nate" games while we can..

Originally posted by valleyrabbit View Post
                              I have heard that Ridenour has been quite a good mentor for Nate, so let's hope he stays with the team a bit longer. The Bucks do not want to keep Knight long term and age will soon catch up with Ridenour.
                              -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                                This is the most I have ever cared about the nba since I was a kid and my utah jass lost to the stupid bulls in the finals. Also helps take the sting away from my st louis cardinals losing the world series. Apparently I'm on my way of becoming a mil bucks fan now.
                                Same for me. My obsession as a kid was Shaq and the Magic. Actually channeled the child in me and got a Wolters autographed rookie card today. That will be a fun collectible in 20 years whether he pans out or not.
                                "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Working...
                                X