Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Naters gonna Nate - on the NBA stage

Originally posted by witness View Post
    Haha. Oden went #1 so I don't really get your point of posting that. Wiggins has played well this last week but I still think Embiid has a very very good shot at going #1. This is his second or third year of playing basketball and already has some really nice footwork in the post.
    I think a number one is usually a guy who is suppose to be a sure thing. A guy playing 2 or 3 years and does great at college but that changes when getting to the NBA next year, huge learning curve. During pre confrence play i think Parker was the front runner for the 1st pick, some solid numbers, but he has struggled scoring against some not good ACC teams in confrence play. My guess its a crap shoot at this point, but the top couple picks this year look to be 10 times better then the top picks from last year. Hopefully some stay in college since i think its good for the college game when guys stay more then 1 year. plus being a Duke fan they have 2 big time recruits for next year that would be great additions to playing with Parker.

Hope Naters finally gets more playing time, not much point in following the bucks when he isnt getting into games.
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Nate started and played 41 minutes. 8 points 7 rebounds & 9 assists. He didnt shoot all that well though. And the bucks lost.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
        Nate started and played 41 minutes. 8 points 7 rebounds & 9 assists. He didnt shoot all that well though. And the bucks lost.
        Most minutes on the team by 8 minutes, and he had 0 turnovers.

*edit - I lied, watched the highlights, he did have 1 turnover, box score is incorrect.
        Last edited by RowdyRabbit; 02-01-2014, 01:00 AM.
        "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
          Most minutes on the team by 8 minutes, and he had 0 turnovers.

*edit - I lied, watched the highlights, he did have 1 turnover, box score is incorrect.
          Funny how he goes from playing more or less 0 minutes and then plays 41.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
            Funny how he goes from playing more or less 0 minutes and then plays 41.
            Sounds like an organization that doesnt know what the heck its doing. my guess is they will try to trade the peices they can and any bad apples in the bunch and save some money for hoping for some great drafts next year. I wouldnt be surprised if they trade future picks to try to get 2 first rounders. I guess i dont really know their draft works like the NFL but I would assume so. Maybe its harder to do that with fewer rounds to draft.

Was hoping he would get a quiet triple double, that would be pretty awesome.
            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

No mention of his +/- ?!?!?
              Originally posted by JackFan96
              Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                This particular game was irrelevent. If it was bad it was probably more influenced by the bad play of his team mates.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                  This particular game was irrelevent. If it was bad it was probably more influenced by the bad play of his team mates.
                  You mean +/- isn't a very good indicator of individual performance? Tell me more!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

You mean +/- isn't a very good indicator of individual performance? Tell me more!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    One game isnt a big enough sample size to effectively determine it is my view.

Comment

He lives.....I noticed it took a few games before you found one that worked in your favor.

By the way, I thought the last time you were in the +/- conversation you took off and said you were done with it and didn't care anymore? Guess not....

Comment

Originally posted by NebraskaJack View Post
                        He lives.....I noticed it took a few games before you found one that worked in your favor.

By the way, I thought the last time you were in the +/- conversation you took off and said you were done with it and didn't care anymore? Guess not....
                        I will always openly mock stupid things.

Comment

Funny because analysts openly use +/- to determine scoring differential when they are on the floor compared to on the bench and I have seen analysts use +/- to determine a players importance to a team during that season.
                          "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Originally posted by witness View Post
                            Funny because analysts openly use +/- to determine scoring differential when they are on the floor compared to on the bench and I have seen analysts use +/- to determine a players importance to a team during that season.
                            And baseball analysts still use RBI to determine a players importance to a team. Does not make them right/less stupid.

Comment

Nothing more to see here folks...the resident expert has spoken. The rest of you are just stupid...
                              "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

The Mavericks regularly used plus minus to determine which lineups to use against the Heat in the finals but hey what does Rick Carlisle know.
                                "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Working...
                                X