Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Naters gonna Nate - on the NBA stage

Originally posted by witness View Post
    The Mavericks regularly used plus minus to determine which lineups to use against the Heat in the finals but hey what does Rick Carlisle know.
    Sometimes reading can be hard.

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
    You mean +/- isn't a very good indicator of individual performance? Tell me more!
    Originally posted by JackFan96
    Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

The Mavericks regularly used plus minus to determine which lineups to use against the Heat in the finals but hey what does Rick Carlisle know.

I hear ya...
      "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Sometimes reading can be hard.
        Well, considering he used Bareas +/- against Bibby to decide playing time to help spark Mavs to win and how Carlisle used Cardinal instead of Peja later in the series because the Heat manhandled Peja(-21) when Dirk sat, I would imagine individual performance had something to do with it.
        "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

There's a reason why the guy who wrote the Wolters Against the World article (http://www.nba.com/bucks/features/boeder-140127) qualified the entire section by saying this:

Now, individual differentials are not always so meaningful by themselves. Because they largely depend on the players you are paired with and against, and when.
          Again, +/- to evaluate individuals is silly. There's a reason Wolters was positive playing at the ends of games against weaker competition and then the last two games he has the biggest negative differential on the team when he's starting and playing against the other team's starters.

It's worthless to use it to evaluate individuals. Evaluating how lineups do as a whole? Useful. It takes away one of the variables. But I've always argued against using it as a measure of individual performance, which is why a counterargument of a coach using it for lineups doesn't make sense.

And jacks1 can make snide comments all he/she wants, but it doesn't take more than a basic understanding of variables and statistics to understand why it's disregarded by anyone that is serious about evaluating players.

Comment

Re-link. It's not working in any of my browsers.

I'll read it after the game.

Comment

Re-link. It's not working in any of my browsers.

I'll read it after the game.
              http://m.espn.go.com/nba/story?story...67&src=desktop

Comment

• Naters gonna Nate - on the NBA stage

Uh that says the exact same thing I have been saying. It falls short with individual performance and is useful for lineups as a whole. So if that's your position, I agree.

Like seriously, that made my argument for me in a much more eloquent and smarter way than I ever could have. Thanks for the link.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

NBA.com did a 2013 re-draft and had Nate Wolters go #19 overall instead of #38. They also had the Greek freak #1 overall who has #15 in the actual draft.

http://www.nba.com/bucks/features/boeder-140203

Comment

Nate made his 3rd consecutive start tonight against the Knicks. He played 23 minutes. He played pretty much all of the 1st quarter, the tail end of the 2nd, and till about the 5 or 6 minute mark in the 3rd and none in the 4th besides a 3 second stretch at the end of the game for DEFENSE. Nate ended up with 6 points (3-7). He had nice jumper right in front of Melo face. He also had 2 rebounds, 2 assists, and 1 turnover. Bucks ended up winning 101-98.

Comment

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
                      Nate made his 3rd consecutive start tonight against the Knicks. He played 23 minutes. He played pretty much all of the 1st quarter, the tail end of the 2nd, and till about the 5 or 6 minute mark in the 3rd and none in the 4th besides a 3 second stretch at the end of the game for DEFENSE. Nate ended up with 6 points (3-7). He had nice jumper right in front of Melo face. He also had 2 rebounds, 2 assists, and 1 turnover. Bucks ended up winning 101-98.
                      Well back in December when he was playing consistently, his defensive stats were impressive. Here's an exercpt from the article in December: "Among the 360 or so players who have defended enough possessions to qualify, Wolters has the 27th-best points per possession allowed in the league . Opponents defended by him are shooting 29%." Also, when I was listening to a Jalen Rose podcast a week or two ago he was talking about how you can't just go strictly by stats because at the time, Nate Wolters was statistically the best perimeter defender in the NBA

Comment

Nate is in the midst of a good game. 15 pt thru 3 qtrs.

Maybe not so good? His plus/minus is -8?

LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
                          Nate is in the midst of a good game. 15 pt thru 3 qtrs.

Maybe not so good? His plus/minus is -8?

Comment

Nate finished with 19pts 7reb 3ast 1stl on 9/15fg and 1/3 3pt shooting tonight in 39minutes

Comment

Nate finished with 19pts 7reb 3ast 1stl on 9/15fg and 1/3 3pt shooting tonight in 39minutes
                              Think thats his most points as a pro. He did have two TO's though.

Comment

Had a great play where he took it right at Dwight and drew the foul and hit the shot. Check out the video in his game log on NBA.com.

Comment

Working...
                                X