Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Yori out at Nebraska, under investigation

Originally posted by SturgisJeff View Post
    unfortunately you live in Yankton and the Piddle & Diddle sports crew, the local radio stations sports crews, seem to have infatuations for Goddess Amy. When she sniffles from a cold your gonna hear about it. Poor Yankton, surrounded by red and white and red and cream.
    Well she did do an awesome job, two of her four years she won over 20 games. Winning with Ryun William's recruits. Plus, she won a "national championship", just ask a large number of Coyote fans.

Comment

Originally posted by FeaRed View Post
      Midco does a great job with their coverage of the Summit League. It would be really cool to see something like the B1G Network where you can watch all the schools but I'd guess most schools in the SL wouldn't be able to afford to produce that much
      I know the BTN draws in huge bucks,which gets re-distributed among the conference members. A SLN (kinda like SNL....HA) wouldn't compare near as much( a much smaller scale) ,maybe locally it could do well ,but don't know how well it would do nationaly.If it even covered the cost & maintenance,it would be worth it.Better than sitting in obscurity I'd think.The potential will be there to expand,and blow up if the SL gets really good,and most of the initial costs are all paid for (equipment,staff hired,fee's??,don't know what the process entails exactly).Never be content about being mediocre ,always look for ways to become better. You've got to have the courage (foresight) to knock over that first domino to see things start to happen,that's the way I see it.I know I'd pay for a subscription,look at all the games you'd get,besides,if enough conferences took care of their own media needs,maybe everyone wouldn't have to kowtow to the current powers that be.
      Last edited by jackdaniel; 04-14-2016, 11:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SturgisJeff View Post
        unfortunately you live in Yankton and the Piddle & Diddle sports crew, the local radio stations sports crews, seem to have infatuations for Goddess Amy. When she sniffles from a cold your gonna hear about it. Poor Yankton, surrounded by red and white and red and cream.
        I understand being excited about winning the Triple Crown Sports championship but this is over the top. It's like she hung the moon. She's gone, she left you for a better opportunity, stop kissing her pencil skirt and focus your energy on the new coach.

And yes I mean that. The WNIT is not the NIT of women's basketball. It's another tournament that isn't the NCAA's. Granted, it does offer the best competition of the second tier tourneys but it's still that. SDSU knows, we've been to the elite 8 and the final four.
        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
          If I NEVER and I mean NEVER see another article about Amy Williams or Nicole Seekamp it will be too soon.
          I agree, especially in regards to Amy Williams. Local media infatuation with her was embarrassing to watch. At least Seekamp earned attention with accomplishments on the court.
          This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
            I agree, especially in regards to Amy Williams. Local media infatuation with her was embarrassing to watch. At least Seekamp earned attention with accomplishments on the court.
            Wiliams is eloquent and photogenic. A very good combination to gain positive media attention. Successful on the court helps a lot, too.
            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Sure there has been a lot of attention to the hiring of Williams for the UNL job, but I don't believe it has been any more than other similar stories out of both schools. I think quite a bit of the fascination with Amy's new job is the fact it is Nebraska. There are quite a few Husker fans in our region and these stories are of interest to them as well. Coach Nagy going to Wright State isn't going to generate the same type of interest for any other reader (fan) base. I know the Argus has had at least 5 stories on Nagy/new coach search while they have had 3 on Williams. They P&D has always ran with more USD stories so that won't surprise anyone.

I would also have to say that some of Doc's feelings of too much coverage on this may also lie with the Jackrabbit ties. I know that when Nate Wolters graduated and was preparing for the NBA draft, there seemed to be (to a Coyote fan) a few more stories than were necessary. Again however, that may have more to do with my allegiance to the Yotes.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
                What continues to blow my mind is that with all the attention Williams has garnered not to mention a new $2.8MM in the Bank...is that AJ has done 5-times everything that Williams has done. It's really truly crazy to me.

You put their resumes side-by-side...it's not even close. It boggles my mind that AJ is still with us and not a multi-millionaire in the Big10. Good for us I guess!
                SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Originally posted by propar80 View Post
                  What continues to blow my mind is that with all the attention Williams has garnered not to mention a new $2.8MM in the Bank...is that AJ has done 5-times everything that Williams has done. It's really truly crazy to me.

You put their resumes side-by-side...it's not even close. It boggles my mind that AJ is still with us and not a multi-millionaire in the Big10. Good for us I guess!
                  Agreed, I think they are close to the same age also; which makes AJ's success even more impressive.

So the next question, will Nebraska finally put us back on the schedule? We don't need a home and home. Just let us come to Lincoln again. Yori took us off the schedule after the thrashing in 2005.

Comment

Originally posted by jacksfan29 View Post
                    Yori took us off the schedule after the thrashing in 2005.
                    Except for these:

12/21/2011 Nebraska Lincoln, Neb. L 71-80
                    11/18/2012 Nebraska Frost Arena W 60-55
                    @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
                    --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

Originally posted by jacksfaninne View Post
                      Except for these:

12/21/2011 Nebraska Lincoln, Neb. L 71-80
                      11/18/2012 Nebraska Frost Arena W 60-55
                      I attended both of those games. The Big Red fans are always very cordial.
                      Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by propar80 View Post

Ahhhhh, welcome to the seedy underbelly of Title IX! Because AJ is male and Caucasian he is denied opportunities due to the pressure to have more women and minorities as coaches.

If AJ was a minority or female he'd have been snapped up a long time ago. His time will come. Maybe after next year with the team they have coming back. Not dismissing that he may be completely content here. Only he and his family know.

SUPEBUNNY
                        MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
                          Ahhhhh, welcome to the seedy underbelly of Title IX! Because AJ is male and Caucasian he is denied opportunities due to the pressure to have more women and minorities as coaches.

SUPEBUNNY
                          Yet there are fewer women basketball coaches than there were 10 years ago.
                          Originally posted by JackFan96
                          Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Looking at aggregate data is not the best way to determine the merits of an individual discrimination case.

Just so everyone is clear, I am not saying AJ specifically has experienced discrimination. Only that it would be pretty terrible to dismiss an individual's valid claim of discrimination because the majority of their protected class hasn't experienced the same.
                            Last edited by SF_Rabbit_Fan; 04-14-2016, 04:20 PM. Reason: removed apostrophe
                            “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

If there might be a difference between men and women, the women who may be able to coach take a different direction with those talents. Coaching can be a very confrontational and stressful profession. I do not intend this to be construed that women cannot coach as well. There is an impressive list of long term successful women coaches. I am suggesting that women and men may be different. I think I have dug this hole deep enough.
                              Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                                If there might be a difference between men and women, the women who may be able to coach take a different direction with those talents. Coaching can be a very confrontational and stressful profession. I do not intend this to be construed that women cannot coach as well. There is an impressive list of long term successful women coaches. I am suggesting that women and men may be different. I think I have dug this hole deep enough.
                                I've learned over the years that there is definitely a difference between men and women.

Comment

Working...
                                X