• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Yori out at Nebraska, under investigation

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
    JT ‏@JtESPN991 8m8 minutes ago
    "Being told it's Amy Williams job if she wants it. #USD #Nebraska"
    Was about to post the same thing. Just talked to a friend that has close connections to those at USD. They are hearing she has been offered and will almost certainly accept.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

On the very slim chance Hammon would want a college job it's you hire her immediately. However, I think she has her sights set higher, like being the first women NBA head coach. And quite honestly, I think there's a chance it will happen. She's got a rock solid reputation in the league.

Comment

JT ‏@JtESPN991 8m8 minutes ago
        "Being told it's Amy Williams job if she wants it. #USD #Nebraska"
        Keep in mind, Jeff is the same guy that said Stugart would be USD's new football coach. He like's provoking.

Comment

Originally posted by FeaRed View Post
          Keep in mind, Jeff is the same guy that said Stugart would be USD's new football coach. He like's provoking.
          Oh we know, we had the whole Daum issue with them.

I don't trust a word they say until there is an actual press release regarding that situation.

Comment

It's official....

Nebraska WBB
            ‏@HuskersWBB
            We are thrilled to welcome Amy Williams (@gussowilliams5) back to Nebraska!
            I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabit1 View Post
              It's official....

Nebraska WBB
              ‏@HuskersWBB
              We are thrilled to welcome Amy Williams (@gussowilliams5) back to Nebraska!
              http://www.huskers.com/ViewArticle.d...&DB_OEM_ID=100

Who replaces Amy at USD? Big loss for the Yotes.

Comment

I wonder what the contract will be, she'll get a big raise, but I'm guessing it won't be what Yori was making. Congrats to her.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                  Was about to post the same thing. Just talked to a friend that has close connections to those at USD. They are hearing she has been offered and will almost certainly accept.
                  Talked with a booster yesterday and he told me this info was coming this afternoon. I had to bite my tongue at his request. He mentioned some names as a replacement but I'm not suppose to say anything....so I won't.

I'm sure they will find a good one.
                  We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

Comment

Tyler Summitt?

Comment

• Re: Yori out at Nebraska, under investigation

Well first, Coach Williams is a good coach and I wish her the best.

Second, After reading the Coyote Board (which I do not reccomend), after Nagy's announcement...

I find this to be quite delicious.

I have no idea who they are or would be considering, but you would have to think one of the assistants will be up for it, and I don't know if I should even include this, but Amy's sister Emily (former Jackrabbit Asst), is the head coach at Mankato. But I have no idea if there is any interest between the parties there, other than Amy and Emily are sisters, and coaches.

Maybe Nicole Seekamp will forgo her career in the WNBA to coach? (another theory floated at the 'other' board). It was about at that point, I quit reading over there.

Comment

So who is going to be the new "Kim Mulkey" of the Summit League now?

I vote for Austin Parkinson(IUPUI coach)

Comment

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
                          So who is going to be the new "Kim Mulkey" of the Summit League now?

I vote for Austin Parkinson(IUPUI coach)
                          I am still waiting for the Chris Paul's Mastodon replacement at Ft Wayne. UNO's Lange could fill in as "Mulkey" with some practice. She wears very high heels.
                          Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                            I am still waiting for the Chris Paul's Mastodon replacement at Ft Wayne. UNO's Lange could fill in as "Mulkey" with some practice. She wears very high heels.
                            I'm still waiting for someone to replace Candace Whitaker. (I'll show myself to the penalty box)

Comment

An aphorism says, "A rising tide lifts all boats." In the harbor that is the Summit League, the tide fell today. One frequent poster on the forum of fans of the university to the south assumes that we will all break out the champagne bottles in celebration of Amy Williams leaving the helm of their women's basketball program. While that is an easy response on our part, it would be shortsighted. The Jackrabbit ship still floats high and proud, but to be the best that we can be requires good stiff competition in a competitive conference. I think that almost all would agree that the leadership for improving women's basketball in the Summit League is found in our State. There are flashes of improvement from time to time from the other teams, but no others in the league seem ready to climb into those top two positions.

It is in our best long-term interest that the coyote's name a coach who can and will continue the recent tradition of strong competition in their program. Yes, it might seem enjoyable for us to watch them struggle for a few years. I will admit that I could enjoy seeing a bit of that. But, it will be far more rewarding to see our Jackrabbits triumph over them in league play and in the finals of the Summit League tournament if they continue to truly believe that they truly belong at the top of the heap.
                              Finding is never about seeking. It is about opening yourself to what is already there. - Henry Meloux

Comment

It's part of the business when you're a successful mid-major program. It's not necessarily a bad thing it's just the way of the world. They will find a capable replacement and continue with the momentum Amy has established. New arena, WNIT title, excellent prospects.....I think they will be okay.

I had several coyote fans anxious to cheer about the departure of Nagy. Imagine their response with the UNL women's job opened up? The poster that made the champagne comment was probably one of the first to celebrate Nagy leaving.

Comment

Working...
                                X