Augie plays for D2 title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Augie plays for D2 title

Taking on Lincoln memorial. At the Dr. Pepper Arena in Frisco, TX.

Augie up by 12 with 13 min left. Good Augie crowd, plus a Rabbit fan.

Re: Augie plays for D2 title

Augie is pretty damn good.

Comment

Augie will win!!!

Comment

Schilling, Richter and Janssen would have looked good in Jacks Blue!

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
          Schilling, Richter and Janssen would have looked good in Jacks Blue!
          Man, I don't know. To me, they looked like the epitome of REALLY good D2 players. None looked like great athletes. Schilling looked to be the only one capable of the defensive effort/ability that Nagy expects, and he's undersized for his position.

And am I the only one that thought Janssen whines a bit too much?
          Originally posted by JackFan96
          Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

The final was Augustana 90, Lincoln Memorial 81.

Congrats to Augustana on its first DII national title!

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
              Man, I don't know. To me, they looked like the epitome of REALLY good D2 players. None looked like great athletes. Schilling looked to be the only one capable of the defensive effort/ability that Nagy expects, and he's undersized for his position.

wonder if he is related to beckstrand. ha

watched most of the game they played really good. tom's done a great job with that team.

Comment

I tried to watch some of the semi-final game and it only lasted 5 minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post

Have to agree. Really happy for Augie and was cheering for them, but as RO said, epitome of really good D2 players (highly skilled, limited athletically).

The biggest difference between D1 and D2 (and from mid major to high major) is defense, and I was amazed at how much penetration and how many easy layups were given up by the Vikings throughout the game. Of course, their offensive play is so good themselves that it didn't cost them.

Schilling no doubt has the athleticism and toughness to play as an undersized 4 at most mid majors.

Janssen is a really good mid major offensive player, but his defense has a lot to be desired (I know he was playing with a hurt foot this tournament, but it was noticeable before he was injured).

Not sure if any of the others could provide enough offense to offset their defensive short comings.
                  If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                  - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
                    Have to agree. Really happy for Augie and was cheering for them, but as RO said, epitome of really good D2 players.

The biggest difference between D1 and D2 (and from mid major to high major) is defense, and I was amazed at how much penetration and how many easy layups were given up by the Vikings throughout the game. Of course, they offensive play is so good themselves they were able to make it not cost them.
                    Two of the three were offered by the Jacks.

Comment

Those "highly skilled, limited athletically" basketball players beat the University of Iowa on their home floor early in the year.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowbell View Post
                        Those "highly skilled, limited athletically" basketball players beat the University of Iowa on their home floor early in the year.
                        I'm aware.

Superior skill can win out over size and athleticism in the game of basketball, however, offense is less consistent (skill) than defense (size/athleticism).

The notion that a great DII team couldn't beat a solid DI team is just as silly as saying that a great DII team would beat a solid DI team.
                        If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                        - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Cowbell View Post
                          Upsets never happen...

Comment

Congratulations to Augustana University.

Comment

Originally posted by jacks nl View Post
                              wonder if he is related to beckstrand. ha

watched most of the game they played really good. tom's done a great job with that team.
                              Ah, memories.

Fast forwarding to today:

Well Done, Augie! Ya done good. Congratulations from this yellow-and-blue-bleeding Rabbit to all y'all blue-and-goldsters.
                              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Working...
                              X