X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NebraskaJack
    replied
    Originally posted by adminhare View Post

Is the "it" the main Forums page, or something else?
    Yes, the main forums page.

Leave a comment:

• filbert
    replied
    test

Leave a comment:

• adminhare
    replied
    Is it just me or is response time of the board particularly terrible today? (It might be due to my running the search index re-build.)

Elsewhere, I changed the New Posts search criteria to what might be a better result for y'all.

Leave a comment:

• adminhare
    replied
    Originally posted by NebraskaJack View Post
    Just now for me it shows that there is an unread thread in the football forum. When I go there nothing is hi-lited. In the 2020 Roster thread it shows the last post was by Goon yesterday at 6pm but there has been three posts since then. Hope the info helps
    Is the "it" the main Forums page, or something else?

Leave a comment:

• NebraskaJack
    replied
    Just now for me it shows that there is an unread thread in the football forum. When I go there nothing is hi-lited. In the 2020 Roster thread it shows the last post was by Goon yesterday at 6pm but there has been three posts since then. Hope the info helps

Leave a comment:

• filbert
    replied
    Originally posted by da_coach View Post

YES. This is what I have seen... it doesn't do it every time..and it's weird...because you see a "new" post on the main forum, and then when you go into the forum...it shows they are all read. And then when you click on the link to the thread... you can see 3 or 4 posts (or more) that are being shown as read already that I haven't seen?

Strange.
    I may have to re-run some admin tools to fix database indexes. Don't have to take the board down to do this though.

Leave a comment:

• da_coach
    replied
    Originally posted by Carolina010 View Post

I have had this issue as well but mine has mainly been in the football forum. It will show that there is a new post in the football forum but when I go to the football forum none of the threads are highlighted showing that thread has a new post so I have to go through each thread until I find the new posts. The worst part and probably the hardest part of fixing it is it doesn’t do it every time and it’s not always the same thread when it does happen.
    YES. This is what I have seen... it doesn't do it every time..and it's weird...because you see a "new" post on the main forum, and then when you go into the forum...it shows they are all read. And then when you click on the link to the thread... you can see 3 or 4 posts (or more) that are being shown as read already that I haven't seen?

Strange.

Leave a comment:

• AZjack
    replied
    I'm having the same issue as above. No one is on my ignore list.

It would be nice to have the page numbers with the thread title as before. You can just click the last page number to get caught up. Otherwise, go to newest post button doesn't always work.

Leave a comment:

• goon
    replied
    I think I am having the same issues but not able to pin point it assumed it was user error on my part since I suck using technology.

Leave a comment:

• Carolina010
    replied
    Question... not sure if anyone else has experienced this.

But I typically click on the "go to first unread post" and that works great.

But after the upgrade, I am seeing that sometimes new posts are on there that I haven't seen yet, and the board is marking them as read.

Also, the Main forum will show someone as the last poster in the thread, and then when I open that particular forum (BB, FB, whatever)... it will show that someone else posted in there last?

Not sure if this is just a "me" issue, or something others are experiencing.

I just found it strange. It's not a huge deal, I'm perfectly capable of going to the last page of a thread... but it's just kind of weird... it used to always work.

AND... It does work sometimes! Like there will be a different thread that will work.

Most of these troubles appear to have been in the Mens Basketball Forum, if that helps any.

Thanks for all you do, Mods and Filbert!
    I have had this issue as well but mine has mainly been in the football forum. It will show that there is a new post in the football forum but when I go to the football forum none of the threads are highlighted showing that thread has a new post so I have to go through each thread until I find the new posts. The worst part and probably the hardest part of fixing it is it doesn’t do it every time and it’s not always the same thread when it does happen.

Leave a comment:

• da_coach
    replied
    I don't think that's it... because I don't think I had anyone on my ignore list

I was just giving some feedback, in case anyone else was experiencing it.

Leave a comment:

• MontanaRabbit
    replied

But after the upgrade, I am seeing that sometimes new posts are on there that I haven't seen yet, and the board is marking them as read.

Also, the Main forum will show someone as the last poster in the thread, and then when I open that particular forum (BB, FB, whatever)... it will show that someone else posted in there last?

I just found it strange. It's not a huge deal, I'm perfectly capable of going to the last page of a thread... but it's just kind of weird... it used to always work.

AND... It does work sometimes! Like there will be a different thread that will work.

Most of these troubles appear to have been in the Mens Basketball Forum, if that helps any.

As far as the last poster in the main forum screen not being the same person as when you click in the thread. Is it possible that person was on your ignore list for the previous version? I know I've noticed that myself. On the old forum ignored posters would show up in the thread and you could choose whether to open their posts. Here they just aren't there at all (but the name still shows up on the main screen).

The new "What's New" sucks IMO. Filbert provided a work around, but that search only searches posts that are new since your last visit.

Leave a comment:

• da_coach
    replied

Leave a comment:

• bigticket1
    replied
    Thanks for restoring the links to other conference team's websites and message boards. I didn't realize how much I used them until they weren't there.

Leave a comment:

• filbert
    replied
    OK, I've restored the links that were on the old site . . . see the "Links" in the header bar at the top of the screen. Next on the to-do list is figuring out why the avatars aren't showing up.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X