Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Southeast
    replied
    Is it just my hardware or has the forum been really slow (and often not working at all) for anyone else the past few weeks?

Leave a comment:

• Nidaros
    replied
    Originally posted by GopherHole View Post
    Thanks Filbert!!!
    My thank you also. I noticed the wait time for a post has dropped considerably. You definitely did the upgrade.

Leave a comment:

• GopherHole
    replied
    Thanks Filbert!!!

Leave a comment:

• filbert
    replied
    Back. vBulletin upgraded, Tapatalk upgraded, some database-fixer stuff run, I'm calling it a day!

Leave a comment:

• filbert
    replied
    Site appears to be upgraded. New version of Tapatalk installed as well.

However, I'm going to take it back down to try to clean up the database a bit.

Leave a comment:

• filbert
    replied
    Unanticipated problems (as usual). If the site goes down for a while, that means that this particular problem has been resolved! (grumble, grumble)

Leave a comment:

• filbert
    replied
    I'll be adding an upgrade/security patch tomorrow morning, Saturday May 9. Earlier rather than later I hope--it all depends on how long I sleep in tomorrow! I'll also update (or re-install) the Tapatalk plug-in, so we'll see how it goes.

Leave a comment:

• filbert
    replied
    Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
    Does anyone else have the issue of when you try to post something it takes forever to post (a “working” message pops up on the screen)
    I have an uneasy feeling that there are problems with the database. The SQL server crashes several times a day. Not being an SQL/db expert, this is somewhat daunting.

Leave a comment:

• filbert
    replied
    Originally posted by Southeast View Post

Every time I post with Tapatalk it has problems. The waiting symbol will spin and spin until I hit “cancel” but it ends up posting anyway. Today it double-posted one for me. Tapatalk has been clunky for me since the upgrade, sometimes barely working.
    Pretty much everything about the site has been clunky since the upgrade. I am, shall we say, less than totally pleased.

Having said that, there are updates of the board software and the tapatak add-on that I need to install. I've been slowed down by rotator cuff surgery a couple of weeks ago--still typing one-handed!

Leave a comment:

• Southeast
    replied
    Does anyone else have the issue of when you try to post something it takes forever to post (a “working” message pops up on the screen)
    Every time I post with Tapatalk it has problems. The waiting symbol will spin and spin until I hit “cancel” but it ends up posting anyway. Today it double-posted one for me. Tapatalk has been clunky for me since the upgrade, sometimes barely working.

Leave a comment:

• Nidaros
    replied
    Yes but am in a rural area that is served by copper conductor telephone plant: As of now we don’t have state of the art fiber optic. I thought that was the problem, but if you are SF and are having the same problem, then it appears the site is problematic. IDK

Leave a comment:

• UWMandSDSU
    replied

Leave a comment:

• THE PRIDE IS BACK!!!
    replied
    It's really been bothering me, so is there a way to change the time on this site? Currently, everything shows a post time of 2 hours earlier than my current time (Central). Is it set to Pacific time somewhere or is it really messed up because of daylight savings?

Leave a comment:

• BTownJack
    replied
    I might have figured out why some threads are showing up as "new topics" but their thread title is not bold nor does the little down arrow show up. The down arrow you click to get to the first post you haven't read since the last time you viewed that thread.

It's possible that if the same person posts on that thread the board software isn't smart enough to find the newest posts. It knows that you have unread posts on that thread but because it's the same person posting at the end of the thread, then it behaves this way.

That is what happened on the "Tix Exchange" threads as MitchellRabbit has been posting about SL Tourney Tickets. But I'll keep an eye on if that is what is happening.

Leave a comment:

• CappinHard
    replied
    Originally posted by filbert View Post

I ***may*** have found something that ***might*** do something like you want. But I'll have to figure out how to do it!
    Awesome. Thanks again for your hard work. It is much appreciated.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X