Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• filbert
    replied
    We're upgraded to the latest version. It took forever . . . that was scary.

Let's see if it made any difference.

Leave a comment:

• Nidaros
    replied
    Originally posted by filbert View Post
    I'm going to put the patch on and otherwise try to dig into the problems tomorrow morning. Cross your fingers/legs/eyes/whatever.
    Good luck and God’s speed! I wish I could help. I haven’t a clue of what a cache is. I once had a course in writing BASIC program language. I suspect this language is now stored at Smithsonian in DC.

Leave a comment:

• filbert
    replied
    I'm going to put the patch on and otherwise try to dig into the problems tomorrow morning. Cross your fingers/legs/eyes/whatever.

Leave a comment:

• Southeast
    replied
    Not here. It just took about 2 min to get this thread to open. Dial-up flashback!

Leave a comment:

• bigticket1
    replied
    Not sure if it's just me, but things have been working much better on my Chromebook starting yesterday.

Leave a comment:

• CappinHard
    replied

In the grand scheme of things, I'm not really paying very much for the software, and the tech support isn't exactly prompt getting back to you. Plus if it's actually a database problem, that's really more my problem than it is theirs. My hosting provider has helped me out some there, but I'm still looking at trying to fix something I really don't know very much about.
    That's too bad. Well hopefully the patch helps, but if not at some point I assume some bigger steps will need to be taken to get the board back to working form.

Leave a comment:

• JackJD
    replied
    Originally posted by JackJD View Post
    I just signed on (Aug 17, 2020; 2:25 PM) and the message board was responding very quickly. Prior to today, I was experiencing the same problems noted by others. Is it working for everyone else?
    Never mind the above posted earlier today--- not true this evening!

Leave a comment:

• Nidaros
    replied
    If you dunno, we are in trouble. Anyone who can help, please come forward. Is there a doctor in the house? a software one!

Leave a comment:

• filbert
    replied
    And it's really weird that when I posted that first response ("I have a patch . . . ") it took about a minute for the board to accept the post. Then I replied to CappinHard and it came back really fast. That makes me think that at least part of the problem might be some kind of mis-configuation of the board software (too long or too long a cache period, or too big or too small a cache, or something.) Heck, I dunno.

Leave a comment:

• filbert
    replied
    Originally posted by CappinHard View Post

Does VBulletin have some sort of customer service that could help with this, or are you all on your own to try to debug the database? Seems like if it's something you pay for they should be able to help, right?
    In the grand scheme of things, I'm not really paying very much for the software, and the tech support isn't exactly prompt getting back to you. Plus if it's actually a database problem, that's really more my problem than it is theirs. My hosting provider has helped me out some there, but I'm still looking at trying to fix something I really don't know very much about.

Leave a comment:

• filbert
    replied
    I have a patch that I've been putting off installing . . . I suppose I should do that sooner rather than later.

Leave a comment:

• JackJD
    replied
    I just signed on (Aug 17, 2020; 2:25 PM) and the message board was responding very quickly. Prior to today, I was experiencing the same problems noted by others. Is it working for everyone else?

Leave a comment:

• CappinHard
    replied
    No, it's not just you. It's been throwing up more and more database error messages (17 today so far) that represent basically crashes of the database server. I think the database is corrupted somehow but database debugging isn't exactly in my wheelhouse. There is a software update for the board software that I need to put on to see if it helps (but I had foot surgery and can't get downstairs to the computer for a couple of weeks yet!).

I hope it gets ironed out before the big sports begin again--I would never have thought I would look at postponing football until the spring as a good thing, but there it is.
    Does VBulletin have some sort of customer service that could help with this, or are you all on your own to try to debug the database? Seems like if it's something you pay for they should be able to help, right?

Leave a comment:

• jakejc795
    replied
    Originally posted by Southeast View Post
    Is it just my hardware or has the forum been really slow (and often not working at all) for anyone else the past few weeks?
    It's happened to me on both smartphone and laptop

Leave a comment:

• filbert
    replied
    No, it's not just you. It's been throwing up more and more database error messages (17 today so far) that represent basically crashes of the database server. I think the database is corrupted somehow but database debugging isn't exactly in my wheelhouse. There is a software update for the board software that I need to put on to see if it helps (but I had foot surgery and can't get downstairs to the computer for a couple of weeks yet!).

I hope it gets ironed out before the big sports begin again--I would never have thought I would look at postponing football until the spring as a good thing, but there it is.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X