No announcement yet.

Board Upgrade 2019!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm having the same issue as above. No one is on my ignore list.

It would be nice to have the page numbers with the thread title as before. You can just click the last page number to get caught up. Otherwise, go to newest post button doesn't always work.

Comment

Originally posted by Carolina010 View Post

I have had this issue as well but mine has mainly been in the football forum. It will show that there is a new post in the football forum but when I go to the football forum none of the threads are highlighted showing that thread has a new post so I have to go through each thread until I find the new posts. The worst part and probably the hardest part of fixing it is it doesn’t do it every time and it’s not always the same thread when it does happen.
      YES. This is what I have seen... it doesn't do it every time..and it's weird...because you see a "new" post on the main forum, and then when you go into the forum...it shows they are all read. And then when you click on the link to the thread... you can see 3 or 4 posts (or more) that are being shown as read already that I haven't seen?

Strange.

Comment

Originally posted by da_coach View Post

YES. This is what I have seen... it doesn't do it every time..and it's weird...because you see a "new" post on the main forum, and then when you go into the forum...it shows they are all read. And then when you click on the link to the thread... you can see 3 or 4 posts (or more) that are being shown as read already that I haven't seen?

Strange.
        I may have to re-run some admin tools to fix database indexes. Don't have to take the board down to do this though.
        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Just now for me it shows that there is an unread thread in the football forum. When I go there nothing is hi-lited. In the 2020 Roster thread it shows the last post was by Goon yesterday at 6pm but there has been three posts since then. Hope the info helps

Comment

Originally posted by NebraskaJack View Post
            Just now for me it shows that there is an unread thread in the football forum. When I go there nothing is hi-lited. In the 2020 Roster thread it shows the last post was by Goon yesterday at 6pm but there has been three posts since then. Hope the info helps
            Is the "it" the main Forums page, or something else?

Comment

Is it just me or is response time of the board particularly terrible today? (It might be due to my running the search index re-build.)

Elsewhere, I changed the New Posts search criteria to what might be a better result for y'all.

Comment

test
                "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by adminhare View Post

Is the "it" the main Forums page, or something else?
                  Yes, the main forums page.

Comment

Originally posted by NebraskaJack View Post

Yes, the main forums page.
                    I've noticed some weirdness myself. I'll have to play with it & do some research. But yah it's weird.
                    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

I think this is similar to what others are seeing as far as weird behavior since the upgrade. Today I go in and the Football thread is marked blue as something has changed since I was last here as MontanaRabbit has posted this morning.

SDSU1.jpgbut when I click on "New Topics" it lists me as the most recent poster which conflicts with above and I have no little blue down arrow which let's me navigate to the most recent unread post.

SDSU2.jpg

Comment

And when I came back in and hit "new topics" again it listed Jackrabbit Football having something unread but it was my own post. So it should be smart enough to know that I've already read that one since I'm the one who posted it.

Comment

The New Posts tab is definitely not working right.... The way it is set up now would be alright if it worked, but ultimately I just want it the way it used to be, it was such an easy way to see the latest activity and I loved how it didn't go away if I had already seen it. It was a lot like Twitter with the "see latest tweets first" feature active. Hopefully there's an option like that with the upgrade.

Comment

Regarding avatars . . . I think I found something on the support board saying that people needed to re-load their avatars, or I need to re-associate them with each user individually using the admin tool. This seems very weird to me because they're there on the server, I can see them, but I can't figure out how to tell the new vBulletin version that they're there. You'd think there would be a tool to just go in and re-attach all the avatars to the users! (Grrrrr....)

Regarding search and display weirdness, as well as the overall slowness of the board (at least from my point of view) . . . from what I've been able to find out, it looks like I've got PHP database configuration parameter problems. Unfortunately, what I know about PHP would fit on the head of a pin. Any SDSUFans out there who are ace database/PHP experts? Asking for help here! PM me if you fit the description.
                            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Since about 3:30 pm CST or thereabouts, I've been "rebuilding the search index" after deleting same, hoping that might help some of the problems. It's still running as of right now, 5:10 pm.

Comment

Search index build complete. Don't know if it made any difference.
                                "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Working...
                                X