Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2009 Prospects

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
    How big is he? Don't see it in the story.
    6'5" 275 I think. I am pretty sure that is what the number are in the opening line.
    "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

How big is he? Don't see it in the story.
      He is at least 265 as as tall as his Dad. He is Jay Parker's once little boy, about 15 years ago. Jay was playing line about 1986-87, and later worked at HPER as the facilities director.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979 View Post
        6'5" 275 I think. I am pretty sure that is what the number are in the opening line.
        Wow. That's a large 18-year-old.
        Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
          He is at least 265 as as tall as his Dad. He is Jay Parker's once little boy, about 15 years ago. Jay was playing line about 1986-87, and later worked at HPER as the facilities director.

Actually, Jay was a Tight End.
          "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
          -Leo Rosten

Comment

If I remember correctly he was one of our first real big Tight Ends that could move...thinking he was about 6'5" him self, and about 245 when he was playing.
            “Reasonable people adapt themselves to the world. Unreasonable people attempt to adapt the world to themselves. All progress, therefore, depends on unreasonable people.” -Bernard Shaw

Comment

http://www.brookingsregister.com/V2_...&story_id=3614
              Brookings' senior Alex Parker verbally committed to play football for head coach John Stieglemeier's South Dakota State University Jackrabbits Wednesday.

A 2008 Class AA All-State first-team selection and The Player of the Year, Parker will follow in the footsteps of his father, Jay, who played football for the Jacks in the 1980s.

"I had to go with my gut and my heart," Parker said of his decision to attend SDSU. "I looked at a couple of other schools, and it just didn't feel right.

"I've always dreamed of being a Jackrabbit, and now I'm going to play where I've always wanted to."

Parker, planning to major in economics or the business field, will redshirt his freshman season.

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
                Was he one of the 2 BHS players known to have offers from both SDSU and NDSU?
                Yes, Joe he was. The decision was made late Wednesday night from what I have heard.

On the flip side, the football team plans to have 5-6 players on campus this weekend and hope to have some more commits come Monday and Tuesday.

Comment

thanks for the updates... hopefully we can receive some verbals from good recruits early next week.

Comment

"I've always dreamed of being a Jackrabbit, and now I'm going to play where I've always wanted to."

I love reading/hearing that
                    "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Originally posted by MilwaukeeJacksAlum View Post

I love reading/hearing that
                      This is no sappy BS, I will be one proud father if one of my children is ever blessed enough to utter those same words.
                      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

TV reported Nate Tice, son of ex-Vikings coach Mike, was at the women's game tonight. Should be interesting to see what happens.

Comment

Apparently Don Bailey has a connection with Mike Tice. I had been hearing that Nate Tice would be here. Seems like we have a good case to make since his HS coach knows Stig and can vouch for the program. Also, it's a pretty good situation to step into, starting for a team with most of its receivers back. I had heard he was also interested in UNI, but maybe that wasn't true. Grace is well established, and I wouldn't trust Mark Farley with my laundry.
                          Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by eqguy View Post
                            Actually, Jay was a Tight End.
                            I dont want to go out in my garage and look for my 1980's game progams, but you are probably right. I remember him playing a great and assume it was o line which can include a tight end on certain running plays.

Comment

Apparently Don Bailey has a connection with Mike Tice. I had been hearing that Nate Tice would be here. Seems like we have a good case to make since his HS coach knows Stig and can vouch for the program. Also, it's a pretty good situation to step into, starting for a team with most of its receivers back. I had heard he was also interested in UNI, but maybe that wasn't true. Grace is well established, and I wouldn't trust Mark Farley with my laundry.
                              How good is he though? He was 3rd on the depth chart at UCF before deciding to transfer. I had read that a lot of people thought his recruitment was hyped up because his dad had so many connections....

Most college coaches think he should become a TE.... Had a lacerated kidney his junior year of high school.....

Seems that hes visited UNI, and plans on visiting Montana... has called around to other programs.... seems to want to start right away...

Comment

Not sure where you guys are coming up with the UNI stuff, it may be true, but TV said Gardner-Webb and Montana were the schools he was looking at.

Comment

Working...
                                X