2009 Prospects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2009 Prospects

The Jacks are reported to have offers out to Brookings High School's offensive linemen Alex Parker 6'5" 270 pounds and Matt Field 6'5" 295 pounds and are also looking at running back Mason Winterboer 5'11" 186 pounds.

Comment

Originally posted by thebluehatman View Post
      The Jacks are reported to have offers out to Brookings High School's offensive linemen Alex Parker 6'5" 270 pounds and Matt Field 6'5" 295 pounds and are also looking at running back Mason Winterboer 5'11" 186 pounds.
      Where is the report, so I can view it?

Comment

I know they have offers out to both as well. I know their parents. No actual report written on it, just word of mouth.
        LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Oh no, here we go again. One of the moderators is going to have to post the rules of the message board. The rule applies to athletes leaving the programs, nothing to do about potential recruits. At least I think it does, I could be wrong. I guess it is time to post the rules again.
          LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
            I know they have offers out to both as well. I know their parents. No actual report written on it, just word of mouth.
            I'm pretty sure that word of mouth from their parents would qualify as a pretty reliable source

Comment

Originally posted by rabbits64 View Post
              I have noticed that USD is coming into WI hard, which is a complete turnaround from what they normally do. They are a NE, IA recruiting team. I think we have always done a good job of getting players from Wisconsin, and I think we have 4 or 5 'Sconi boys right now, which helps when you bring in recruits from there.

Looking at the roster it is nice to see a # of players from states outside of the Jacks "footprint" such as MO/KS, TX and AZ.
              It almost looks like USD found a Wisconsin phone book started calling and if they found seniors that said they played football, they offered..... I've heard they have between 8-10 open offers in Wisconsin alone. Its like they are throwing scholarships around up there like its candy.... As far SDSU up there I like what they are doing.... From what I have seen they have very few open offers if any but are in contact with a number of kids and gaiging there interest before they offer....

Comment

Is it me or do we have a lot less commits compared to this time last year?

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
                  Is it me or do we have a lot less commits compared to this time last year?
                  I guess I wasn't aware of any major discrepancy but I'm going to talk to Coach Stig next week, I'll ask him that question and get back to you. Anything else you want to know? I mean that seriously.
                  We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                    I guess I wasn't aware of any major discrepancy but I'm going to talk to Coach Stig next week, I'll ask him that question and get back to you. Anything else you want to know? I mean that seriously.
                    It just seemed that we had about a dozen recruits that game a verbal shortly after or had already verbaled the NDSU win.... This year I think we have just 1..... I see the same thing up in NDSU.... maybe we don't have as many open spots.... Or maybe my memory is bad..... Or maybe they are in talks with more JuCo transfers or FBS transfers...

Comment

It just seemed that we had about a dozen recruits that game a verbal shortly after or had already verbaled the NDSU win.... This year I think we have just 1..... I see the same thing up in NDSU.... maybe we don't have as many open spots.... Or maybe my memory is bad..... Or maybe they are in talks with more JuCo transfers or FBS transfers...
                      He'll be in Yankton next Wednesday. I've got several questions I want to ask him and one of them is with regards to recruiting. I'll ask him how things are going compared to recent years.
                      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

They have offered Earv Archambeau from Avon but he will probably go to Minnesota... And they have told Matt Dykstra of Avon that they are interested (no official offer)

Earv is a fast guy (any position)
                        Matt is probably a DE
                        I see in the Elite 45 story in the Argus, Erv is leaning to USD...

Comment

Updated 2009 Prep list of prospects that are generating interest from SDSU among others:

Drew Scieszinski 6'2 195 QB West Des Moines Dowling, IA
                          Zach Cutkomp 5'11 190 RB West Des Moines Valley,IA
                          J.P. Hobson 5'8 175 RB Ralston,Neb
                          Jarrett Fowlkes 5'8 WR Delavant,WI
                          Alex Tweedy 6'0 168 WR Woodlands,Tx
                          Ben Gardner 6'3 210 DE Mequon,WI
                          Ethan Hemer 6'5 251 DE Medford,WI
                          Cole Jirik 6'4 220 DE Northfield,MN
                          Jake Knott 6'3 210 LB Waukee,IA
                          Drew Neville 6'0 208 LB Omaha Millard South,Neb
                          Josh Miranda 6'2 189 ATH Chamberlain,SD

Comment

Lineman Alex Parker of Brookings has given his verbal to the Jacks.
                            A little background on Alex here:
                            http://www.brookingsregister.com/V2_...d=3555&page=77
                            272. 6-5 . No. 65.

Meaningless numbers to some, but to Bobcat fans over the past three years, those numbers are the tale of the tape of senior stalwart Alex Parker, this year's Register Player of the Year. Normally, linemen don't get a lot of recognition, but Parker's physical attributes and outstanding play have led to him showing up on the radar of several Division I college recruiters, including a pair of Missouri Valley schools and a Big 12 program.

Add in the fact that he has anchored an offensive line that has led the way for three consecutive 1,000-yard rushers , including fellow senior Mason Winterboer, who set the single-season rushing record this year with 1,694 yards, and one can't help but think that success at the next level will follow.

But Parker is quick to point out that Winterboer is the first one to sing the praises of Parker and his mates. "He is always one of the first one to give credit to the offensive line," Parker said of the new BHS record holder. "When he scores, he always comes to us and says, 'Great job.'
                            Last edited by thebluehatman; 12-04-2008, 02:38 PM.

Comment

Was he one of the 2 BHS players known to have offers from both SDSU and NDSU?

Comment

How big is he? Don't see it in the story.
                                Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Working...
                                X