Originally posted by state_fan View Post
    "back in '82, i used to be able to throw a pigskin a quarter mile."

are you serious!!!?
    LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

• Re: 2009 Prospects

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
      are you serious!!!?
      Yeah I saw him. He actually through it over the mountains.
      "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
      "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
        are you serious!!!?
        I'm dead serious.

Comment

I will preface this post by saying this is complete speculation. TV's blog said we are looking at two veteran QBs correct? I was wondering if anyone had any info on this subject beyond what TV has said. I was doing a little thinking (scary, I know), and tried to pinpoint some guys that have lost their starting jobs at FBS schools and may look to go to an FCS school. Now, this is pure speculation, but I thought that Jake Christensen of Iowa might be looking elsewhere since he has lost his job to Ricky Stanzi. Anyone have any thoughts on this. And Hawkeye fans, I understand if that is not something you would like to hear.
          "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
          "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

I've been having a nice exchange with Bison fans re. a high schooler from Michigan where my kids attended and still attend. He is a QB named AJ Westendorp that has set numerous state records here and has been offered by NDSU. I e-mailed Stig about him a couple weeks ago and I expect we will offer eventually too. I doubt either school will get him but who knows. We were state champs in Div. 4 here this year our school is Holland Christian with a high school enrollment of around 900 kids. AJ is an exceptionally bright (4.0 33 ACT) kid who played on both sides of the ball. Benches over 300 LBS. threw for 40 TDs (state record) only 4 INTs. Ran for 25 more TDs passed for 3600 yards and ran for over 1200. Nearly 5000 total offense yards. Set several state championship game records for completions and yards all on a foot which he had broken a bone on in the semi final game.

The reason he is still around is because so many large Big Ten schools etc already have verbal candidates. HC only started FB 6 years ago so we have not been noted as a football school. That being said however the backup QB at MSU was our QB prior to AJ. Plus we have a kid who plays tight end for Northwestern University. AJ may be a long shot but if Stig gives him an offer I hope to encourage.

Comment

Originally posted by boxerboy View Post
              I've been having a nice exchange with Bison fans re. a high schooler from Michigan where my kids attended and still attend. He is a QB named AJ Westendorp that has set numerous state records here and has been offered by NDSU. I e-mailed Stig about him a couple weeks ago and I expect we will offer eventually too. I doubt either school will get him but who knows. We were state champs in Div. 4 here this year our school is Holland Christian with a high school enrollment of around 900 kids. AJ is an exceptionally bright (4.0 33 ACT) kid who played on both sides of the ball. Benches over 300 LBS. threw for 40 TDs (state record) only 4 INTs. Ran for 25 more TDs passed for 3600 yards and ran for over 1200. Nearly 5000 total offense yards. Set several state championship game records for completions and yards all on a foot which he had broken a bone on in the semi final game.

The reason he is still around is because so many large Big Ten schools etc already have verbal candidates. HC only started FB 6 years ago so we have not been noted as a football school. That being said however the backup QB at MSU was our QB prior to AJ. Plus we have a kid who plays tight end for Northwestern University. AJ may be a long shot but if Stig gives him an offer I hope to encourage.

Did I mention we were 14-0 and that AJ without a doubt is the best high school FB player I have ever seen.

Comment

Update on Medford (WI) OL/DL Ethan Hemer (6-6, 260) and his recent official visits to the University of Wisconsin and South Dakota State.

http://www.wissports.net/sports/foot...=113&id=981721
                Marlin Lee - Writer/Scout for www.WisFootball.net, Wisconsin Gridiron Guide, and WSN Illustrated

Comment

Marlins...thanks for the update. Good find.

Mods...any chance of closing this thread so people can focus on the other 2009 Recruiting Class thread? Not that I want to push people to the thread I started but I thought it might be best for everyone interested. Just a thought.

Comment

Working...
                  X