Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Mascot News

Originally posted by rjacks21 View Post
    I would like to see the baseball team keep the SD also. I still prefer the old block style SD on the baseball caps to the stretch SD but I've learned to live it. Maybe I'm a purist, but I like college baseball caps with letters only. Although I think the logo or the new "JACKS" lettering would look ok on the back of the hat.
    I'm with you on that one, too. The Jackrabbit (head only) might work on an alternative hat for a change up now and then.
    Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979 View Post
      At one point in the early nineties I think our football helmets had "Jacks" across them, maybe others can confirm. Either way, it wasn't even in the same league as the stretch SD....I think we have to keep that for just football helmets alone.

If you want to see an example of this helmet, go to the Pavillion in the Brookings Days Inn (old Holiday Inn). It's back in the smoking section on display.
      LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
        If you want to see an example of this helmet, go to the Pavillion in the Brookings Days Inn (old Holiday Inn). It's back in the smoking section on display.
        There were a couple of versions. I remember them. One was this bizarre geometric text that attached to a stripe wrapping around the back of the helmet. The other was a script "Jacks".
        Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Yeah, I remember that one. It was ... shall we say ... unfortunate.

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
          There were a couple of versions. I remember them. One was this bizarre geometric text that attached to a stripe wrapping around the back of the helmet. The other was a script "Jacks".
          Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Comment

Wordmark=B+
            Rabbits=B-

Certainly better than the earlier crap which deserved an F. I guess rabbits are hard. Frankly I like Filberts as well as the two rabbits.

Comment

Filbert, I'm inclined to guess they worked aspects of your logo into the finished product ... the "on the move" rabbit, I call it. Maybe I'm just high or blowing smoke or whatever, but ... congrats.

Originally posted by Grizzled_Jack View Post
              Wordmark=B+
              Rabbits=B-

Certainly better than the earlier crap which deserved an F. I guess rabbits are hard. Frankly I like Filberts as well as the two rabbits.
              Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Comment

If in the unlikely event my modest little design (actually, somewhat inspired by Kansas State's Powercat logo) actually had some impact on the final result, I'm cool with that.

These are mascot images I can live with!

Now, let's go out and beat the Bison this weekend . . .
                "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
                  Is pic is from one of the media guides.

Go State! Go State!

Comment

Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaah ... that's the one. Ug. What were we thinking?

Originally posted by SDSU_TUBA View Post
                    Is pic is from one of the media guides.

Comment

I'm just glad I wasn't the only one who thought the wraparound-line-Jacks helmet was exceedingly lame . . .
                      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Well, even the smackers on Bisonville seem to like the new logo, so it must be OK . . .
                        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

And...on this Bisonville thread too:
                          http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12536

Comment

Lots of great comments on Anygivensaturday as well. Looks like the new Jackrabbit is a hit!

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/foru...ad.php?t=37829

Comment

To think this is where we came from, so glad they decided to open it up to comments and give another try at it!

Comment

Boy that really makes you glad that they took the extra time.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Working...
                                X