X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Mascot News

Originally posted by SDSU_TUBA View Post
    Is pic is from one of the media guides.

We were talking about that one not too long ago. Stig said one of the players drew that up and they just went with it.
    Holy nutmeg!

Comment

From the Argus story today:

About that Looney Toons resemblance: SDSU spokeswoman Jenny Crickard said about 18 months ago Warner Bros. began discouraging SDSU from using its longtime logo. She said the company has been "real nice" in saying "they would prefer if we would not use it anymore."

Sort of makes the point that we had to change. There has been some doubt about that here. From my point of view, when a $45 billion company says "they would prefer" that you change... you change.

http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs...802200305/1001
      Holy nutmeg!

Comment

I for one liked the look below and took great pride in wearing it for my four seasons as a Jack. The below helmet emblem was worn through the Daly era, I can't recall if Stig changed to the stretch SD in his first or second season though. I'd personally prefer to see the stretch SD or even the logo below over the new "Jacks" with ears and a tail on the side of a helmet.

I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

I love the new mascot, they got it right. I still hope that they keep using the "stretch SD" like they have been, that is what says South Dakota State to me. The Jackrabbit has always been a unique mascot and now we have a kickass logo to go with it!

Times change and SDSU and the logo are evolving and will no doubt change again in the future. I was proud of those old football helmets at the time but change is good. There is no need to bring polyster back into our lives! We've grown past it!

SUPERBUNNY
          MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Does anyone know when the bookstore will have a good supply of items with the new logo? I like the new logo and look forward to getting my new Jackrabbit gear.......

Go Jacks !!!!!!
            http://members.cox.net/geauxcolonels...t/SDSU_bar.png

Comment

http://www.sdstatebookstore.com/shop...talog%5Fid=164

Cool looking stuff!

SUPERBUNNY
              MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by footballfan View Post
                Does anyone know when the bookstore will have a good supply of items with the new logo? I like the new logo and look forward to getting my new Jackrabbit gear.......

Go Jacks !!!!!!
                Daughter has been there several times already and said there is stuff out already...

Comment

Yeesh. I'd forgotten how pathetic the first group of new mascot logos were. Yikes.
                  "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
                    We were talking about that one not too long ago. Stig said one of the players drew that up and they just went with it.
                    I don't know the true history of this logo but I do know it pre-dates Stig as a coach at SDSU. That logo was on the helmets in 1986 when I came to school. But I wouldn't doubt that it was drawn up by a student. That isn't a bad idea going forward if new helmet logos are needed.

I really don't like the Jacks with the rabbit ear and tail, especially as a helmet logo. The stretch SD is nice but does cause some confusion to the casual observer. I can't count how many times I had to correct people on the road that we were South Dakota State not San Diego or any other variation.

Didn't MJA say one time that they fooled around with putting rabbit ears on the helmets during his tenure, similar to the Eagles wings on Philadelphia's helmets? Man that would be nasty!
                    "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
                    -Leo Rosten

Comment

Originally posted by CatchEmAll View Post
                      I for one liked the look below and took great pride in wearing it for my four seasons as a Jack. The below helmet emblem was worn through the Daly era, I can't recall if Stig changed to the stretch SD in his first or second season though. I'd personally prefer to see the stretch SD or even the logo below over the new "Jacks" with ears and a tail on the side of a helmet.
                      I agree (about the SD but maybe not so much about the strange Daly-era thing). The Jacks with ears seems more suitable to the front of a basketball jersey. I'm not sure any of the new logos work so well in a relatively small version on a helmet viewed from afar.
                      Holy nutmeg!

Comment

I agree (about the SD but maybe not so much about the strange Daly-era thing). The Jacks with ears seems more suitable to the front of a basketball jersey. I'm not sure any of the new logos work so well in a relatively small version on a helmet viewed from afar.
                        I would snatch up a baseball jersey with the Jacks on it. That would look awesome!
                        Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power.
                        -Ben Franklin, Poor Richard's Almanack 1738

Comment

http://www.nationalchamps.net/Helmet_Project/

Somebody, should contact this guy at his website and tell him about this helmet.
                          LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Someone with better knowledge of the legal side of things should make sure our new logos get sent to http://www.logoserver.com/index.html
                            It would be great to get the page updated as soon as possible, assuming that is, the page is actively updated.
                            "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

*bump* for the above post.
                              "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

I hope the new logo will be appearing soon on the top of the Summit League web site.
                                Finding is never about seeking. It is about opening yourself to what is already there. - Henry Meloux

Comment

Working...
                                X