Mascot News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Mascot News

Well now that I have seen diffferent versions of the logo, I can say that this Jackrabbit is very happy with the new design. During the design process I heard a lot of people state that they wanted longer ears, no cottontail, longer back legs and a more fierce look. I think this new rabbit has all of those elements without any one of them dominating the logo. The previous designs would have one of these elements and it would usually dominate the design. But this design has all of these elements and is well balanced so that none of these features dominates the design.

I also like the different shading of the yellow, which gives it depth. I was afraid that the new design would be two dimensional and appear flat looking. The SDSUfans.com logo that Filbert has is two dimensional, and I'm glad the new SDSU logo is more 3-Dimensional. (Not picking on your logo Filbert, just using it as an example of a 2 Dimensional logo.).

The head is also slightly turned to give it some depth and is not in profile view. I also like the look of the eyes. I have heard some people describe the rabbit as somewhat fierce. I think it looks determined, more than fierce. This is what we need to represent our transition into Division 1. This school has been determined to make the transition and I think the new logo has that determined look about it.

As far as the colors go, I like the new yellow and navy look. It looks more up to date. I'm sure they will have the logo in the more traditional colors and in the new colors.

Overall I would rate the new Jackrabbit logo a "10".

I also like the new "Jacks" logo with the ears and tail.

Go State!!!
    Go Jacks!!!
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

The colors haven't changed. What you're looking at on the Argus site (and reproduced here) are photos of banners in the main street area of the union. The lighting there isn't exactly perfect, with a mixture of daylight and fluorescent. I've got full-sized electronic versions of the logos, and the colors are the usual yellow and blue.
      Holy nutmeg!

Comment

The new logos are awesome. The headshot doesn't look that good for me but I can live with the other logos. Is there any word on whether or not the interlocked SD is staying or going?
        Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power.
        -Ben Franklin, Poor Richard's Almanack 1738

Comment

Originally posted by JimmieTuba View Post
          The new logos are awesome. The headshot doesn't look that good for me but I can live with the other logos. Is there any word on whether or not the interlocked SD is staying or going?
          Just polled my digital design class and the head logo won. They like all of them, though.

The SD is staying at least another year for football. Nike replaces uniforms every other year. These things usually get implemented a little at a time.
          Holy nutmeg!

Comment

I really like it. Well done.

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
              Just polled my digital design class and the head logo won. They like all of them, though.

The SD is staying at least another year for football. Nike replaces uniforms every other year. These things usually get implemented a little at a time.
              I hope it doesn't go away.

I don't like it looking back. I think it might look better looking in the direction it's bod is (I take it as looking back over its shoulder).

Comment

Originally posted by NorCalJack View Post
                From the Collegian

Not a big fan of the "Jacks" with the ears and tail. Not sure how to describe it best, but to me it doesn't look like something I'd want on a team uniform. If that ever shows up on the football helmets I think I'd puke.

The other two I like though. Well done.
                I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

Originally posted by CatchEmAll View Post
                  Not a big fan of the "Jacks" with the ears and tail. Not sure how to describe it best, but to me it doesn't look like something I'd want on a team uniform. If that ever shows up on the football helmets I think I'd puke.

The other two I like though. Well done.
                  I like the Jacks. I think it is original. I think it would look good as the logo on the sleeve just above the ribbing/elastic.

Comment

Sounds like we've got 5 t-shirts with the new logo thanks to my SIL. Hope we can make it up to pick them up on Saturday.
                    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

I hope the SD stays.....I think it is the the one thing that says we are South Dakota

Go Jacks !!!!!!
                      http://members.cox.net/geauxcolonels...t/SDSU_bar.png

Comment

Originally posted by footballfan View Post
                        I hope the SD stays.....I think it is the the one thing that says we are South Dakota

Go Jacks !!!!!!
                        Don't be surprised it if goes, though. To the rest of the world, it says "San Diego" or "University of South Dakota" or something else. That's a big emphasis of all of this... to avoid that confusion.

But I'm with you on keeping it for a while. The new logo is too complex to look good on a helmet from a distance. Maybe the "Jacks" wordmark, but I prefer the SD to that.
                        Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
                          Don't be surprised it if goes, though. To the rest of the world, it says "San Diego" or "University of South Dakota" or something else. That's a big emphasis of all of this... to avoid that confusion.

But I'm with you on keeping it for a while. The new logo is too complex to look good on a helmet from a distance. Maybe the "Jacks" wordmark, but I prefer the SD to that.
                          At one point in the early nineties I think our football helmets had "Jacks" across them, maybe others can confirm. Either way, it wasn't even in the same league as the stretch SD....I think we have to keep that for just football helmets alone.
                          "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Just superimpose either the stretch SD or the Jacks mark (or, in bold, block letters, STATE) over an outline of South Dakota . . . problem solved!
                            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979 View Post
                              At one point in the early nineties I think our football helmets had "Jacks" across them, maybe others can confirm. Either way, it wasn't even in the same league as the stretch SD....I think we have to keep that for just football helmets alone.
                              It was during the 80s. Mid- to late-80s, for sure.
                              @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
                              --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979 View Post
                                I would like to see the baseball team keep the SD also. I still prefer the old block style SD on the baseball caps to the stretch SD but I've learned to live it. Maybe I'm a purist, but I like college baseball caps with letters only. Although I think the logo or the new "JACKS" lettering would look ok on the back of the hat.
                                “Who's more foolish: the fool, or the fool who follows him?” - Obi-Wan Kenobi

Comment

Working...
                                X