Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GoJacks2011
    replied
    Frost renovation gets the final signature from the governor. https://twitter.com/addisondehaven3/...743940102?s=21

Leave a comment:

• OldHare
    replied
    https://gojacks.com/news/2022/3/3/ge...hing-gift.aspx
    Spring construction will begin after commencement.

Leave a comment:

• BTownJack
    replied
    Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
    Its my understanding that construction will begin immediately after the basketball season ends.
    I caught an article in The Collegian a week ago. It said construction won't start until after commencement this May. And that it will be a 3 "offseason" project to be all done the fall of 2024. Originally I thought it was supposed to be a 2 year project but a lot of things about this project have changed over the years.

https://sdsucollegian.com/22625/news...ent-club-room/

Leave a comment:

• NWHSUandSDSU
    replied
    Originally posted by NWHSUandSDSU View Post
    Passes 56-11 on the house floor. I assume goes to senate now. I have no idea if it has to hit a senate committee first?
    Passed senate appropriations and then passed full senate. I assume all it needs is a signature.

Leave a comment:

• NWHSUandSDSU
    replied
    Passes 56-11 on the house floor. I assume goes to senate now. I have no idea if it has to hit a senate committee first?

Leave a comment:

• JACKGUYII
    replied
    Its my understanding that construction will begin immediately after the basketball season ends.

Leave a comment:

• goon
    replied
    Originally posted by GoJacks2011 View Post

I’m really curious to see if they bring the floor level seating for students back. I really hope they do and in the current sketches, seating does appear to run down to the floor.
    I think for capacity you would need to lower them again. When the raised the lower sections it really ruined the upper bleacher sightlines. I dont think they took that into consideration when they moved those bleachers up 5 feet off the court level. getting lower and closer to the court should help improve the sightlines.

Leave a comment:

• GoJacks2011
    replied
    Originally posted by goon View Post

After reading that, I miss that experience too, lining up hours before the USD game, rushing to get to the stands to get front and center basically right behind the scorers table or next to the opponent bench. We would just heckle and yell at the coach just to be annoying. I miss those old bleachers that went all the way to the floor. really made if feel like it packed in much closer.
    I’m really curious to see if they bring the floor level seating for students back. I really hope they do and in the current sketches, seating does appear to run down to the floor.

Leave a comment:

• goon
    replied
    Originally posted by GoJacks2011 View Post
    https://gojacks.com/news/2022/2/16/g...a-project.aspx

Neat announcement about a student club section sponsored by Hefty Seed. One of a kind. I think it’s a tremendous idea. Give the students some amenities, a way to build community, and a big draw to come to games. Looks great!
    After reading that, I miss that experience too, lining up hours before the USD game, rushing to get to the stands to get front and center basically right behind the scorers table or next to the opponent bench. We would just heckle and yell at the coach just to be annoying. I miss those old bleachers that went all the way to the floor. really made if feel like it packed in much closer.

Leave a comment:

• GoJacks2011
    replied
    https://gojacks.com/news/2022/2/16/g...a-project.aspx

Neat announcement about a student club section sponsored by Hefty Seed. One of a kind. I think it’s a tremendous idea. Give the students some amenities, a way to build community, and a big draw to come to games. Looks great!

Leave a comment:

• JACKGUYII
    replied
    Has the project been officially signed off on so construction can begin this summer?

Leave a comment:

• jackdaniel
    replied
    I like he's looking out for the tax payer, I think they all should. But, that might include re-furbishing as opposed to demolishing and building new, as a way to save money in the long run.

Leave a comment:

• 22jack
    replied
    Originally posted by THE PRIDE IS BACK!!! View Post

Maybe a guy who thinks we have too many colleges isn't the right person to have on an education committee.
    Maybe he should be reminded of this:

https://www.keloland.com/news/local-...onomic-impact/

Leave a comment:

• THE PRIDE IS BACK!!!
    replied
    Originally posted by salemjack View Post
    I reached out to the 6 nays, here is the response from Representative Sam Marty (Prairie City, SD).

Hi, I’ve been here for 8 years and have constantly been bombarded by our colleges wanting millions every year for all kinds of building projects. I know this is all money that has been raised but there are always hidden costs to the taxpayers and students. Our college system in the state of SD, in my opinion, are a huge burden to the taxpayers of SD and we have burdened the citizens with to many colleges. Governor Janklow started the process of removing the burden of to many colleges but didn’t go far enough. Just my thoughts and I am always looking out for the taxpayers. Thanks for asking. Rep Sam Marty

At least he was consistent and voted against DSU’s bill too. I’ll share any other responses I get.
    Maybe a guy who thinks we have too many colleges isn't the right person to have on an education committee.

Leave a comment:

• jacksfaninne
    replied
    Originally posted by salemjack View Post
    I reached out to the 6 nays, here is the response from Representative Sam Marty (Prairie City, SD).

Hi, I’ve been here for 8 years and have constantly been bombarded by our colleges wanting millions every year for all kinds of building projects. I know this is all money that has been raised but there are always hidden costs to the taxpayers and students. Our college system in the state of SD, in my opinion, are a huge burden to the taxpayers of SD and we have burdened the citizens with to many colleges. Governor Janklow started the process of removing the burden of to many colleges but didn’t go far enough. Just my thoughts and I am always looking out for the taxpayers. Thanks for asking. Rep Sam Marty

At least he was consistent and voted against DSU’s bill too. I’ll share any other responses I get.

Assuming this was a direct copy and paste from Mr. Marty's response, "to many colleges" -- not once, but twice -- is too ironic.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X