X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• filbert
    replied
    Originally posted by DieselJacks View Post
    I feel kinda bad for First Bank & Trust, because everyone will still call it Frost. The renderings look awesome though. Looks like the student sections are being brought closer to the court!
    For a while, maybe. Although, nobody calls the DJD "Coughlin-Alumni" any more, do they?

Leave a comment:

• DieselJacks
    replied
    I feel kinda bad for First Bank & Trust, because everyone will still call it Frost. The renderings look awesome though. Looks like the student sections are being brought closer to the court!

Leave a comment:

• jackdaniel
    replied
    I must be getting old, I kinda liked this presentation ceremony, it had a nice "family " relationship to it, all the honored guests seemed genuinly thrilled to be a part of this lead donation event. I really appreciated the sentiments expressed by all the speakers, really enjoyed the history behind it too. Before SD officially became a state, hearing that I envisioned a line of hitching posts instead of parking lots. Glad I watched this historic event unfold , it will bring many joys and memories to many people and will provide many dividends down the road. Can't wait for the next season of sports to start, VB already has, it will be great to pack in fans once again to cheer on the student athletes who represent all of us, on and off the court. A much needed and greatly appreciated facility for all to enjoy.

Leave a comment:

• filbert
    replied
    FAQ's
    Renderings

Leave a comment:

• GoJacks2011
    replied
    Impressive donation and renderings. Release says none of the sports within it will be disrupted during construction. Thank you First Bank & Trust and the Fishback family! This is next level.

Leave a comment:

• Mr_Tibbs
    replied
    Huge deal, and long overdue. I understand how the naming stuff works, but I hope they can find a way to keep frost in the name somewhere, whether it’s the court, Mazda one, or something. Too historic and figurative for basketball season (winter) to not keep somewhere. I felt the same way about Coughlin. But I too, am glad that Sanford isn’t in the name on this one. Not that we don’t appreciate all they’ve done, it’s just nice to not have every athletic building in the dakotas betting their name.

Leave a comment:

• salemjack
    replied
    Originally posted by trueblue View Post
    Does anyone have any idea what the seating capacity will be after renovations? Pictures look great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• trueblue
    replied
    Does anyone have any idea what the seating capacity will be after renovations? Pictures look great.

Leave a comment:

• filbert
    replied
    Via Twit:

Matt Zimmer

@argusmattz
    ·
    3m
    South Dakota State announces today First Bank & Trust has committed $20 million as the lead gift for a complete renovation of Frost Arena. First Bank & Trust will assume naming rights and it will house men's and women's basketball, volleyball and wrestling.

Leave a comment:

• filbert
    replied
    First Bank & Trust Arena. $20 million donation includes (apparently) naming rights.

I wonder how, if at all, they'll retain "Frost Arena" with the renovation.

I'm oddly relieved that "Sanford" won't be in the name.

Leave a comment:

• GoJacks2010
    replied
    Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
    If is is Frost, would it be physically possible to complete a major renovation in 8 or 9 months, which would be from the end of one basketball season to the beginning of the next ? That would mean a VB season would have to be played off-campus.
    It is a Frost announcement. The plan has always been a 2-year near total remodel. BOR approval process should open up for work to begin next July/August. Will do exterior work and everything possible then do interior work as soon as the 2022-2023 basketball season ends and be ready to go for the start of the 2023-2024 season.

Leave a comment:

• JACKGUYII
    replied
    Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• UWMandSDSU
    replied
    Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
    Is there a link to the announcement as assume it will be a presentation.
    https://gojacks.com/news/2021/9/12/g...nt-monday.aspx
    YouTube Link: https://www.youtube.com/user/sdsuathletics

Leave a comment:

• JACKGUYII
    replied
    Is there a link to the announcement as assume it will be a presentation.

Leave a comment:

• GoJacks2011
    replied
    Here are some architectural renderings of what Frost will look like. I am assuming we will need approval this legislative session to break ground. I think they were waiting on major donors to step forward so I assume that is what today’s announcement may entail. Love the atmosphere of Frost but this is long overdue.

https://www.crawfordarch.com/portfol...na-renovation/
    https://www.eapc.net/project/south-d...s-renovations/

Leave a comment:

Working...
X