Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Student Athlete Development Center News

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
    It would be nice if they could post some construction update pictures on GOJacks.com
    Massive rep points to the first person who posts construction update photos here.
    @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
    --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

Originally posted by jacksfaninne View Post
      Massive rep points to the first person who posts construction update photos here.
      I just saw it this weekend, but did not take pictures. Cinder blocks in place for the first level's walls. Thats about all I could tell. Not really much to look at yet.
      "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
      "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

I'll try to get over there this weekend and take a few pix.
        Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Still do not see any updates on GoJacks.com in terms of real time pictures.

Comment

Still do not see any updates on GoJacks.com in terms of real time pictures.
            Not much to see, just a concrete walls. There is no masonary work done at this point in time. I suspect they are waiting for a little warmer weather to start laying bricks, plus there probably is more concrete work to be put up.

Comment

Thanks for the update.

Comment

Anybody else surprised at the lack of progress on the Dykhouse Center. I know it was a tough winter, but they will really have to accelerate the construction to have it ready for the fall. Who is the Construction Company and are there incentives or penalties if it is not done on time? Is money the problem?

Comment

Anybody else surprised at the lack of progress on the Dykhouse Center. I know it was a tough winter, but they will really have to accelerate the construction to have it ready for the fall. Who is the Construction Company and are there incentives or penalties if it is not done on time? Is money the problem?
                  I'm not sure what the problem is...but I'm very disappointed on where it is at and what is going on. I've been by on a couple of Fridays, with decent weather, and not a sole around. What's up??? (I assume we have a conractor who is busy elsewhere?) As I said earlier, I guess "FALL" is still possible if you consider winter doesn't come until December 21...but I'm wondering how much use we will see in the coming football season.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
                    I'm not sure what the problem is...but I'm very disappointed on where it is at and what is going on. I've been by on a couple of Fridays, with decent weather, and not a sole around. What's up??? (I assume we have a conractor who is busy elsewhere?) As I said earlier, I guess "FALL" is still possible if you consider winter doesn't come until December 21...but I'm wondering how much use we will see in the coming football season.
                    A few contractors don't work Fridays and I know Sunkota, the general contractor, is one of those companies.

Comment

Nice story from Terry today:

http://www.argusleader.com/article/2...28/1002/SPORTS

Tracking the new facility

Dykhouse Center to open this fall

Terry Vandrovec • tvandrovec@argusleader.com • April 28, 2009

The South Dakota State football team showed Saturday that it isn't ready for the fall yet - especially on the offensive side of the ball - and neither is its new headquarters.

Although the foundation is in place and the walls are up, the Dykhouse Student-Athlete Center - a 28,000 square-foot building going up beyond the north end zone at Coughlin-Alumni Stadium - is basically a cement shell right now. Construction is slightly behind schedule because the winter was worse than expected. Still, the project remains on course for a fall opening, which is the only broad timeline school officials will give.

"That will be one of the biggest days in the history of the South Dakota State athletic department," Jackrabbits coach John Stiegelmeier said. . . . (read more)

Go State!

Comment

Since the site has been a little slow lately other than the great debate over South Dakota's Open Record Laws (and because I just got a digital camera last week), I thought I'd take a few pics up at the new Athletic Development Center building so all people outside of Brookings can check out the latest progress. I took these Wednesday evening (5/21). Hopefully with some good weather they can pick up the progress and have it ready to go before the end of the football season.

East side of the building.

Northwest corner of building.

Southwest corner of building.

North side of building.

Comment

It's starting to take shape, that's good...

But part of me still misses the pine trees. I remember when they were cut down and the trunks still stuck up like toothpicks... it was a little painful to see, not to mention lazy tree-cutting.
                          I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Thanks for the pix, State_Fan. Rep points. It's nice to see the second floor going up. It's been sort of stuck with a partially enclosed first floor for what seems like forever.
                            Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Great pictures State Fan, and yep we need no talk about open records today nor tommorrow or next week. It does look like work in progressing and not fast as some of us would like. Hopefully there is no rain coming this week.

Comment

Nice to see progress, but I'm still just amazed to how little has been accomplished in relation to the construction time on this project.

Comment

Working...
                                X