Student Athlete Development Center News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Student Athlete Development Center News

Thanks, Mr Dykhouse. Thanks, Mr. Sanford. This is a very good investment in the future of South Dakota and young people in the region.
    This space for lease.

Comment

Video of Dykhouse Center announcement:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzpxO0ZqF3g
      Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Sounds like groundbreaking is set for Hobo Day. Also, over 60 million has been raised in the fundraising campaign so far.

Comment

Originally posted by thebluehatman View Post
          Sounds like groundbreaking is set for Hobo Day. Also, over 60 million has been raised in the fundraising campaign so far.
          That's good to hear. Can't tell you how many people (including myself) have commented that if they weren't going to break ground this fall then they should have left the trees in for this season. I guess I still don't see them getting much done prior to the ground freezing so maybe they should have left the trees in till spring anyway???

Comment

Word is they wanted the team, kickers especially, to get used to playing with the wind that will howl through without the trees. Better to experience it from the beginning instead of the middle of the season.

Comment

Actually, the ground-breaking is at 3:30 p.m. on Saturday, September 13, prior to the Beef Bowl game.

Comment

As stated above, groundbreaking is set for Beef Bowl.

Also, 60 million is not the right figure at all. Possibly it was a typo as 6 million would be more appropriate. If SDSU had raised 60 million already we put talking about putting up a whole new stadium, not just development center.

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
                  As stated above, groundbreaking is set for Beef Bowl.

Also, 60 million is not the right figure at all. Possibly it was a typo as 6 million would be more appropriate. If SDSU had raised 60 million already we put talking about putting up a whole new stadium, not just development center.
                  No 60 million is the right figure for the capital funds campaign of 190 million.

Comment

No 60 million is the right figure for the capital funds campaign of 190 million.
                    I got ya...I thought you were referring to the fundraising just for the Dykhouse center.

Comment

I thought the glass building in the endzone at Iowa State had some neat features. I'm assuming this has similiar functions that the Dykhouse facility will have. Does anyone know if the Dkyhouse Center will be modeled after a specific facility that can be referenced and seen?

Comment

Seems like Georgia Southern was bantered about a little bit and also Montana State but I don't know if that was overall stadium design or just for the field house.
                        "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
                        -Leo Rosten

Comment

Here are some pictures I was able to find quickly

Georgia Southern

Here is an overhead of Montana State's field
                          "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
                          -Leo Rosten

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                            I thought the glass building in the endzone at Iowa State had some neat features. I'm assuming this has similiar functions that the Dykhouse facility will have. Does anyone know if the Dkyhouse Center will be modeled after a specific facility that can be referenced and seen?
                            I'm told it's probably going to look a lot like the Wellness Center with cantilevered canopies and such.
                            Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Some more detail: http://www.gojacks.com/ViewArticle.d...RIBER_CONTENT=

I believe at one time I heard Dana Dykhouse was going to spearhead a calling to all football alumni for donations toward the Athlete Development Center. I'm not sure if that has happened, but it appears there has not been much additional fund raising beyond the 6 million?

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                                Some more detail: http://www.gojacks.com/ViewArticle.d...RIBER_CONTENT=

I believe at one time I heard Dana Dykhouse was going to spearhead a calling to all football alumni for donations toward the Athlete Development Center. I'm not sure if that has happened, but it appears there has not been much additional fund raising beyond the 6 million?
                                When you say it appears there has not been much additional fund raising I assume you mean there haven't been any announcements about additional funds. I don't know for sure what additional funds have been raised but I'm pretty sure there have been commitments made. I won't say much more than that. Time will tell.
                                We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Working...
                                X