Student Athlete Development Center News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Student Athlete Development Center News

Just wait til it warms up... then it'll start hitting full-stride.

Out of curiosity, is there a set deadline for this to be done? And is there a penalty the contractor pays if it's not completed by then?
    I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabit1 View Post

Out of curiosity, is there a set deadline for this to be done? And is there a penalty the contractor pays if it's not completed by then?
      Only an examination of the contract would divulge the penalties, and terms of completion date, but ugh( As Tonto used to say)our OUTDATED privacy laws may prevent us from finding out this information.
      Last edited by Nidaros; 05-27-2009, 05:57 AM.

Comment

I would think it's standard practice, though. I know that the contractor that's doing the aquatic center here in Madison has to pay a penalty if he's not done by a certain time. I know several state road construction projects have that built in too.
        I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

I am sure the info is not that hard to get. I was just using my reply to take a crack at our favorite Argus columnist and sports editor.

Comment

I was on campus this afternoon. I was very impressed with the student wellness center. That place is really nice. As for the Student Athlete Development Center am I the only one that thought it would be bigger. Looking at what is there now I think you are going to have a hard time fitting 100 athletes in there.

Maybe the whole ground floor isn't done yet, so I may be wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by BitsTD View Post
              I was on campus this afternoon. I was very impressed with the student wellness center. That place is really nice. As for the Student Athlete Development Center am I the only one that thought it would be bigger. Looking at what is there now I think you are going to have a hard time fitting 100 athletes in there.

Maybe the whole ground floor isn't done yet, so I may be wrong.
              I think from talking to a few people, it is going to be a two phase project. The overall cost to get it where they want it to be is about 12 million dollars and since Dykhouse's donation was only 6 million they can get half the work done. If they can some how get the other half of the money, you're looking at the start of a damn fine building. But it's better than our old locker room.

Comment

Originally posted by SidelineObserver View Post
                I think from talking to a few people, it is going to be a two phase project. The overall cost to get it where they want it to be is about 12 million dollars and since Dykhouse's donation was only 6 million they can get half the work done. If they can some how get the other half of the money, you're looking at the start of a damn fine building. But it's better than our old locker room.
                You are correct. I am sure that whatever gets put up by this fall will be an upgrade over what we have now.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabit1 View Post

The building is to be completed by November, but the contractor is planning on having substantial completion by mid October. Althought the staff wont be moved in yet, it should look pretty good on the outside by Hobo Day. Yes, there are penalties for not completing on time, but again, the contractor is on schedule or a bit ahead.

Comment

Below are some updated pictures of the SADC (taken 6-10-09). Things are definitely beginning to take shape. You can start to see that the design is similar to the wellness center. The ground on the west side of Coughlin has been torn up as well, it looks like they have recently or will soon be running water lines to the new building.

South west corner:

North west corner:

Comment

• Re: Student Athlete Development Center News

New pictures:

http://www.gojacks.com/PhotoAlbum.db...&PALBID=133645

Comment

After looking at the new pictures I noticed how ugly the chain link fence is in front of the east side bleachers. Perhaps they can do something to enhance the look with a blue fence or some other kind of barrier.

Comment

I've thought the same thing for many, many years.

Why not something with a look similar to the padding on the end zone seating sections in Frost? Doesn't have to be padded of course, just some kind of banner that can easily attach to the length of the fence. I'm thinking a blue background with "South Dakota State" and/or "Jackrabbits" and/or "Coughlin-Alumni Stadium" and incorporating player action photos. It would be consistent with some of the images in Frost and on the football scoreboard ... and something the visiting team couldn't help but notice!
                          "You trusted us"

Comment

Originally posted by AnimalHouse83 View Post
                            I've thought the same thing for many, many years.

Why not something with a look similar to the padding on the end zone seating sections in Frost? Doesn't have to be padded of course, just some kind of banner that can easily attach to the length of the fence. I'm thinking a blue background with "South Dakota State" and/or "Jackrabbits" and/or "Coughlin-Alumni Stadium" and incorporating player action photos. It would be consistent with some of the images in Frost and on the football scoreboard ... and something the visiting team couldn't help but notice!
                            And a few sponsor logos to boot!

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

According to a few players, the current locker room is becoming infested by mice (eek!) so the sooner we can get players into the Dykhouse Center and out of the current locker rooms and the trailer park the better for all of us! Can't wait until it is finally completed, a nice addition to the North endzone. Go Jacks!

Comment

If we get another kicker like Parker Douglass, they had better have strong pane glass in the Development Center. Driving by yesterday, what caught my attention was how close the goal post is to this building in progress. Not too many feet and kickers will no doubt be using the windows for a a guide. Hopefully we will have waving fans going crazy when the opponent attempts a FG at that end of the field. Home field advantage I would think.

Comment

Working...
                                X