Facilities

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Facilities

The June 1 update of the seating is now on the Jacks site. Looks outstanding! This new seating arrangement gives Frost a more refined look.

Comment

We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

With the new seating what is the capacity at Frost?

Comment

Probably 7,500. I suppose with mirrors it could go to 8,000.

Comment

Will some of the seats have obstructed views due to the steps leading to the seating? Has anybody been in Frost to try them out?

Frost looks a lot newer with the seating.

Comment

I took a stroll around the new and improved FROST ARENA this morning- very nice!! The seats were folded up so I didnt get to sit in them but I can say that the new seats makes Frost look newer, and much more upscale. As I have stated before- Frost is one of the nicest basketball arenas in the country.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd

I was just looking at the new seating setup again and became concerned that the steps on the ends are right on the edge of the court. That doesn't leave much room for players to get stopped. We will have players bouncing off the steps, needlessly. Injuries will occur if left as is.

The steps should be placed on the sides of the the stands not in front. This needs to be changed.

Comment

The issue of the steps has been addressed and they will be removed. It's obvious the people who designed the initial effort didn't give a lot of thought as to what might happen on the court.

Comment

I should have known. Thanks for the update.

Comment

This year we will have to be satisfied to watch some of the same teams have we played in years past at home. Those games will take on new meaning , though, for every team coming in to Frost. Everyone will be wanting to knock off the D-I team!

Frost certainly looks "BIG TIME" with the new seating added. Next year (and there after) we will have mostly "BIG TIME TEAMS" visiting Frost. That will be fun!

The NIT is a real possibility next year!

Our road games this year are second to none (and more to come I'm sure).

Things are looking pretty good! ;D

Comment

(*please keep the smack on the smack board)

Comment

Originally posted by JBNJBQ

The NIT is a real possibility next year!  
                          Unfortunately it is not a possibility this year for SDSU or NDSU. But it will be next year.

It remains an impossibility for UNO and every other D-II school in the country for ever. Big minds dream big dreams. Small minds dream small dreams. Have fun playing small.

JBNJBQ

Comment

I thought the NIT wouldn't take a team until the five-year probationary period is completed ???

Comment

(*please keep the smack on the smack board)

Comment

I remember Coach Nagy saying that we will be eligible for the NIT starting in '05-'06.

Go State! ;D

Comment

Working...
                                X