http://www3.sdstate.edu/Athletics/Ti...ject/Index.cfm

Go State! ;D

Comment

Re: Facilities

Originally posted by 89rabbit
      Here is the link for the pictures:

Go State!  ;D
      Some big changes have gone on in Frost...if you're interested, check the above link again. Hopefully we'll never see the JACKS spelled out on the seats (because they'll all have screaming Jacks fans sitting in them) but, its still kind of "neat" to see anyway.

Go Jacks.

Comment

Originally posted by DIAAaustie1212

Some big changes have gone on in Frost...if you're interested, check the above link again. Hopefully we'll never see the JACKS spelled out on the seats (because they'll all have screaming Jacks fans sitting in them) but, its still kind of "neat" to see anyway.

Go Jacks.
        Looks great!!  Doesn't work well as an avatar, however.

We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

SWEET .......

Comment

That's a different look and can't wait to see it. Are those bleacher type seats? Hope the students like their new digs.

Comment

I was at Frost today, they look great in real life! They are bleachers, looks like we may have lost somemore capacity with built in aisles rather then painted on ones. Probably safer that way.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack
                That's a different look and can't wait to see it.  Are those bleacher type seats?  Hope the students like their new digs.
                It sure looks like bleachers to me, but if you cant sell season tickets to students, then bleachers are the answer. It looks like the new ones are maybe more comfortable and safer than the old ones. I dont think we can deny the students their front row seats and you probably can pack more in. The students with registration fees pay their admission and I think SDSU makes more profits here than anywhere else. I think you would have to go back decades to find 100 per cent attendence to an athletic event by the student body. Maybe when there were only 300 students.

Comment

I am very happy that the Athletic Department finally decided to do something with Frost Arena...dont get me wrong I love the old bird, but new seating was overdue.
                  I heard that the future involves putting more chairback seat in the upp level behind the benches (south side) Has anybody else heard anything about that? Maybe it is just a rumor...

Comment

Check out the latest Frost Arena pictures, It looks great! I have noticed the seats don't come all the way down to the floor anymore on the ends. Is that space going to be advertising?? I cant wait to see this in person next week, hopefully it will all be done by then. I'm sure we've eliminated around 200 seats during this remodeling.

Comment

• Re: Facilities

Comment

Advertising is as good a bet as anything I can think of, looking at the pictures also makes me wonder where the Pep Band will sit. Does anyone know? Looks GREAT!

Go State! ;D

Comment

I not sure about the pep band but I would suspect they will try to fit them in one of the corners. Looks like the west end will be season ticket holders with back chairs etc. Also the old bleachers on the west side above the students are still there. Will they be replaced with back chairs too? Hope they can see over the students.

Those standing students ruined my one and only attendence of a K-STATE game. Fred something Facility is a great place if the students sit during the game and not during the time out. It drove me crazy.  I suspect these issues could come to the surface at Frost. Old foggies like me will be jacking our gums if it does become an issue and I am forced to sit on that side. Hopefully my point total can keep me in my current seat.

Comment

My understanding the new chairbacks will be on the lower level on both the west and east side. Band could be on the south side with student body. It will be interesting to see if season ticketholders will fill both sides of the new seat which I know is the goal. Anyone heard more about new scoreboards for next year? The old bleachers in the upper sections look out of place and tired compared to the rest of Frost.

Comment

I havent heard anything new on the score boards, I'm hoping that we have them by next season. I know they were working on the board issue last Fall. Unless I'm missing something, I dont understand why nice scoreboards are not in yet with The largest producer in the world (Daktronics) a few miles from FROST ARENA. I know the advertising hang up from the past but this needs to be fixed-and fast. Its embarassing that we dont have the nicest boards in the nation at Coughlin and Frost. Maybe all of this is being taken care of but I dont know.

Comment

I believe the band is staying in the same section they've been. If you look at the picture of the West end chairbacks you'll notice a void in the upper right corner. I think the plan is to put the drum platform there and let the rest of the band fill in around. That may have changed though.

The chairbacks don't reach the floor for a couple of reason. One, new floor mounted stantion baskets. No more lowering hoops from the ceiling. Two, gotta have room for cheerleaders so they don't block the view of people sitting behind.

Not sure what the plan is for scoreboards or upper level chairback seats, but I'm sure I'll find out this weekend at the Stan Marshall.

Comment

Working...
                                X