Recruits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by goon View Post

Chill bro, or, you could just share all the rumors you and like 5 other people know. Don't act like wrestling is going to be any more unique and different then any other sport. NIL is going to have an impact on every sport and its questionable how much good or bad will come from it.

But your the only one who can have an opinion on it so its all yours.
    You don't agree that making comments on current wrestling issues on a wrestling forum should involve some current state of wrestling knowledge? Okay. I see where you are coming from.

I will give you an overview of the latest. NIL has become a pay for play tool for universities with deep pocketed boosters. It is rumored that wrestlers, not in the portal, are being contacted and offered large sums of money to finish their careers at different schools. Not the intent of NIL. It is off the tracks and must be adjusted immediately or wrestling may destroy itself.

Comment

• Originally posted by opinionsaremyown View Post

You don't agree that making comments on current wrestling issues on a wrestling forum should involve some current state of wrestling knowledge? Okay. I see where you are coming from.

I will give you an overview of the latest. NIL has become a pay for play tool for universities with deep pocketed boosters. It is rumored that wrestlers, not in the portal, are being contacted and offered large sums of money to finish their careers at different schools. Not the intent of NIL. It is off the tracks and must be adjusted immediately or wrestling may destroy itself.
      So you are all into the rumors yet ignore the rumor that multiple colleges are reporting this to the NCAA? Who knows if anything will come of it but multiple colleges are already trying to report and fix it. Calm down. Until it’s proven the NIL has been huge in supporting the athletes and growing the sport.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by KSjack View Post

So you are all into the rumors yet ignore the rumor that multiple colleges are reporting this to the NCAA? Who knows if anything will come of it but multiple colleges are already trying to report and fix it. Calm down. Until it’s proven the NIL has been huge in supporting the athletes and growing the sport.

Any rumors in Kansas about Kansas or Kansas State getting their crap together and starting a wrestling program? Word on the street is the youth programs in the state are strong, it’d be nice to have a local B12 program to go to.

Comment

NIL isn't just a wrestling issue. Thanks for pointing out more exactly what is going on in the wrestling side of it. I would be surprised if that isn't happening in all sports. That's been an issue with coaching recruiting who already signed or current students. Its an unscrupulous industry sadly. Its an issue, but things like that were underground with shady deals from boosters anyway. at least schools can work with business and make NIL issues less of a problem in some ways.
          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

• Originally posted by Split Rock View Post

Any rumors in Kansas about Kansas or Kansas State getting their crap together and starting a wrestling program? Word on the street is the youth programs in the state are strong, it’d be nice to have a local B12 program to go to.
            Not to my knowledge just supplying AA’s and other solid wrestlers to out of state programs. Would be fun to have a D-1 Kansas team with the high number of Kansas elementary/high school wrestlers but unfortunately K-State and KU are a bunch of pumpkin bouncing dweebs.

Comment

• Wichita St would be “shocking” & cool if they added wrestling too

Comment

• Originally posted by goon View Post

NIL isn't just a wrestling issue. Thanks for pointing out more exactly what is going on in the wrestling side of it. I would be surprised if that isn't happening in all sports. That's been an issue with coaching recruiting who already signed or current students. Its an unscrupulous industry sadly. Its an issue, but things like that were underground with shady deals from boosters anyway. at least schools can work with business and make NIL issues less of a problem in some ways.
                This will be my last post on this topic.

This is a wrestling forum. Designed to discuss wrestling issues. Issues which directly impact SDSU wrestling. The "rumors" are happening and it negatively effects SDSU and every other program that doesn't have the backing of big dollar backers. I am 100% serious when I say this could destroy college wrestling. If this is not regulated programs will be dropped. NIL, by the rules, is a good thing for college athletes. They direction it has gone is horrible.

The shady actions you describe seldom, if ever, happen in wrestling. I assume you will reply with something like "how do you know". Well, I am close to wrestling, wrestling coaches, wrestlers and have been privy to insider information for many years. This is happening in wrestling, it is terrible for the sport and needs to be regulated.

Comment

This is a wrestling forum. Designed to discuss wrestling issues. Issues which directly impact SDSU wrestling. The "rumors" are happening and it negatively effects SDSU and every other program that doesn't have the backing of big dollar backers. I am 100% serious when I say this could destroy college wrestling. If this is not regulated programs will be dropped. NIL, by the rules, is a good thing for college athletes. They direction it has gone is horrible.

The shady actions you describe seldom, if ever, happen in wrestling. I assume you will reply with something like "how do you know". Well, I am close to wrestling, wrestling coaches, wrestlers and have been privy to insider information for many years. This is happening in wrestling, it is terrible for the sport and needs to be regulated.
                  Awesome work on your inside connections to the world of wrestling. Sorry I took my perspective from a college sports fan regarding issues with NIL. You don't have to read my generalized posts if you don't like them. But since this is only wrestling topics you can vent about NIL and other issues and I will refrain from commenting since my opinions aren't appreciated here. The floor is yours.
                  "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

• Originally posted by Split Rock View Post
                    Wichita St would be “shocking” & cool if they added wrestling too
                    Some would almost say electrifying! Wichita is actually one of the hotbeds as well for Kansas as well with some successful NAIA teams.

Comment

So let me ask then if you are hardcore into these rumors (which I also find very believable) why do you not believe the rumors of multiple teams reporting this to the NCAA. Or do you believe those reports to be falling on deaf ears? There’s already supposedly new rules in the works for RTCs as well. Do you think that will not level the playing field some?

Comment

• Great Day to be a Jackrabbit tweet from Damion.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                          Great Day to be a Jackrabbit tweet from Damion.
                          I think that the transfer portal just closed up for the season and Hahn put it out, so I'm going to guess that this is a transfer. I'm going to guess Jake Svihel who is a solid 125 from Wyoming who might want to move closer to home even though I don't think he would start over Jordan. If I was super optimistic I would guess former AA at 125 for Utah Valley, Taylor Lamont.

Comment

• Thomas Dineen of Benson, MN, a 2 time state champ, undefeated the last 2 seasons & 2023 graduate, has committed to the jacks. Currently sits at #92 for the class of 2023 according to Matscouts, projects as 197 or Hwt

Comment

• Originally posted by bennymj171 View Post
                              Thomas Dineen of Benson, MN, a 2 time state champ, undefeated the last 2 seasons & 2023 graduate, has committed to the jacks. Currently sits at #92 for the class of 2023 according to Matscouts, projects as 197 or Hwt
                              This kid screams upside. If you can win a national title wrestling out of Benson, Minnesota while being a multiple sport athlete, you can win in Brookings with some of the best upper weight coaches and training partners in the country. He's a great fit for us. I do kind of hope he goes heavyweight, 197 is getting a little crowded in the room.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheWombat View Post

This kid screams upside. If you can win a national title wrestling out of Benson, Minnesota while being a multiple sport athlete, you can win in Brookings with some of the best upper weight coaches and training partners in the country. He's a great fit for us. I do kind of hope he goes heavyweight, 197 is getting a little crowded in the room.
                                good problems happening in Brookings right now

Comment

Working...
                                X