X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bigticket1
    replied
    Originally posted by witness View Post
    I’m guessing it’s Tanner Cook’s brother but does anybody know if the coaches are trying to recruit him? Just won state in New York. Sixx Cook
    Someone asked Tanner on Twitter if Sixx likes the Jackrabbits and his response was " He certainly does ! " Which may or may not mean anything.

Leave a comment:

• witness
    replied
    I’m guessing it’s Tanner Cook’s brother but does anybody know if the coaches are trying to recruit him? Just won state in New York. Sixx Cook

Leave a comment:

• TheWombat
    replied
    Originally posted by TheWombat View Post
    #20 Cole Glazier (170) out of Kasson Mantorville, MN just beat out #8 Noah Mulvaney at the Cheesehead. He also beat out Jed Wester earlier this year and has a freestyle win over #19 Ethan Riddle. He's about to take on #4 Tyler Eise in the finals. He's currently committed to St. Cloud State, a top DII school, but two of his former practice partners are at SDSU, and Berge is a legend over there. This is a weight of need for the Jacks; they need to flip this guy and they need to be quick about it.
    Cole also has a brother named Zach who is a very good 197 pounder who, like many Minnesota recruits to Iowa, was immediately recruited over and is destined to spend his entire career on the bench. I think it's possible for Berge to get both of them to SDSU and provide answers to our two biggest line-up questions. I'm dreaming big here, but I think it's possible.

Leave a comment:

• TheWombat
    replied
    #20 Cole Glazier (170) out of Kasson Mantorville, MN just beat out #8 Noah Mulvaney at the Cheesehead. He also beat out Jed Wester earlier this year and has a freestyle win over #19 Ethan Riddle. He's about to take on #4 Tyler Eise in the finals. He's currently committed to St. Cloud State, a top DII school, but two of his former practice partners are at SDSU, and Berge is a legend over there. This is a weight of need for the Jacks; they need to flip this guy and they need to be quick about it.

Leave a comment:

• TheWombat
    replied
    Alex Braun (138) out of Woodbury, Minnesota had himself a fantastic tournament up in Fargo this past few days culminating in a win over Wyoming recruit Tyson Charmoli. He also has a win over Eli Paulson of Anoka earlier this year and took 2nd and 7th in Fargo over the summer. His stock is quickly rising after a disappointing sophomore year and we might consider using our connections (the Swensens) to start that relationship before a lot of other people get in on him. LJ Arajau (152) from Bismarck also had some very impressive results and seems to have DI ability.

Leave a comment:

• jackrabbit1979
    replied
    Did this one fly under the radar? Or maybe I missed it.

https://theguillotine.com/2022/12/co...te-university/

Leave a comment:

• TheWombat
    replied
    Originally posted by KSjack View Post

Who cares where he coaches at a club I’m just happy he’s still involved in the sport! Seems like to many legends get their accolades but get burnt out of the sport so they don’t share their knowledge. Also think it’s cool to help grow the sport in lesser known states to help make possible hidden gems for Hahn to snag and help polish!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Every once in a while, I'll end up down a recruiting rabbit hole and find myself looking into some Montana wrestlers. They tend to produce a few solid athletes a year, A lot of them don't end up wrestling in the same way that a lot of SD and ND kids don't, but Minnesota and NDSU have snapped up some of the ones that have popped up on my radar. It's worth while to have some connections out there. They're going to produce a few DI level kids a year and, with SDSU's record for development, I have to think that they can get some value out of some of the more unrefined talent that they're going to find in these sparsely populated states. Having a connections to a club like this is a good step for the staff.

Leave a comment:

• KSjack
    replied

Seems like a quality kid. Apparently he wrestles for Alan Fried at a place called "Big Game Wrestling Club" in the off season. I don't know why Alan Fried decided to start a wrestling club in Montana, but it worked out for us.
    Who cares where he coaches at a club I’m just happy he’s still involved in the sport! Seems like to many legends get their accolades but get burnt out of the sport so they don’t share their knowledge. Also think it’s cool to help grow the sport in lesser known states to help make possible hidden gems for Hahn to snag and help polish!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• opinionsaremyown
    replied

Seems like a quality kid. Apparently he wrestles for Alan Fried at a place called "Big Game Wrestling Club" in the off season. I don't know why Alan Fried decided to start a wrestling club in Montana, but it worked out for us.
    Alan did not start a wrestling club in Montana. He is coaching at a club that has been in the state for many years. The Big Game founder is now running another Big Game club in Iowa.

Leave a comment:

• TheWombat
    replied
    Originally posted by Northernjackrabbit View Post

Leave a comment:

• Northernjackrabbit
    replied
    New commit out of Montana

https://www.montanasports.com/high-s...th-state-title

Leave a comment:

• TheWombat
    replied
    It looks like Colin Dupil is 8-3 in college opens so far this year. I assume it's pretty hard to find top competition in Tennessee, so he's had to get creative. He's beaten a few D2 starters and D1 backups. I think it's safe to say that he's college ready.

Leave a comment:

• witness
    replied
    Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
    http://www.twitter.com/bradyberge/st...64631946149889 Sounds like the Jacks got two commits with one phone call. Same school, or were the Jacks recruiting a set of brothers ?
    Cael Swenson's younger brother, Logan, is the new commit

https://twitter.com/loganswensen106/...J4gzKVP4OcJKVA

Leave a comment:

• bigticket1
    replied
    http://www.twitter.com/bradyberge/st...64631946149889 Sounds like the Jacks got two commits with one phone call. Same school, or were the Jacks recruiting a set of brothers ?

Leave a comment:

• bennymj171
    replied
    I think my favorite thing about Roark as a prospect is that he was willing to test himself this past off-season. He had a fantastic Junior Duals, going undefeated in both styles, but then he went to elite 8 duals and took some beating at the hands of a lot of the best in the country. Not every stud wrestler from these less significant states gets the chance to bounce back from something like that and that's a quality that you need in college wrestling. He's dropping down to 120 for super 32 next weekend, we'll see how he responds.
    Kid seems to love to compete, definitely a great sign

Leave a comment:

Working...
X