Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TheWombat
    replied
    I think my favorite thing about Roark as a prospect is that he was willing to test himself this past off-season. He had a fantastic Junior Duals, going undefeated in both styles, but then he went to elite 8 duals and took some beating at the hands of a lot of the best in the country. Not every stud wrestler from these less significant states gets the chance to bounce back from something like that and that's a quality that you need in college wrestling. He's dropping down to 120 for super 32 next weekend, we'll see how he responds.

Leave a comment:

• opinionsaremyown
    replied
    Welcome to SDSU Brady! We look forward to you being a jackrabbit.

Leave a comment:

• bennymj171
    replied
    Originally posted by witness View Post
    Looks like it is Brady Roark out of Missouri, 2X state champ on a 70 some match win streak the last 2 seasons in Missouri

Leave a comment:

• witness
    replied
    Another commit to the 2023 class
    https://twitter.com/caldwell_cody/st...W_DcbF-HBb_xuA

Leave a comment:

• TheWombat
    replied
    Originally posted by witness View Post
    Greyson Clark from Wisconsin just reopened his recruitment for class of 2023. 3x state champion and ranked currently #14 at 132. Damion Hahn follows him on Twitter. Any chance SDSU has a shot at him?
    I think there's a chance that he ends up in Brookings. His hometown has a lot in common with Brookings, it's not too far away, he fits well in the line-up, and I think SDSU might have more scholarship money than some other places. On the other side of things, we don't have a lot of history recruiting Wisconsin and it's hard to move away to a college where you don't know anyone. I think Minnesota might be the front runner for him. Brandvold over at the U recruits Wisconsin very well and they have a couple of wrestlers from his high school on their team. Northern Iowa and Missouri might be some other potential places where he could land.

Leave a comment:

• witness
    replied
    Greyson Clark from Wisconsin just reopened his recruitment for class of 2023. 3x state champion and ranked currently #14 at 132. Damion Hahn follows him on Twitter. Any chance SDSU has a shot at him?

Leave a comment:

• TheWombat
    replied
    I don't know a lot about him, but he seems like a fringe top-20 wrestler in his weight-class and you have to think that he has some real upside coming from a state like Tennessee. He also has a little brother who seems to be at a comparable level.

Leave a comment:

• witness
    replied
    Originally posted by bennymj171 View Post
    Caldwell tweeted that they picked up another commitment, no name yet
    https://twitter.com/colindupill/stat...jlEdk2MYhIwITQ

Leave a comment:

• bennymj171
    replied
    Caldwell tweeted that they picked up another commitment, no name yet

Leave a comment:

• TheWombat
    replied
    Brody Teske just entered the portal. This is his second transfer so I wonder if there isn't an academic or character issue, but he could be a major piece for the Jacks, especially if Meredith can't make 125 again. He's also an Iowa kid, so they should have a shot at getting him.

Leave a comment:

• bennymj171
    replied
    Originally posted by opinionsaremyown View Post
    Whatever weight he goes is fine with me. He will bring another D1 experienced wrestler to the roster. What he does with that is up to him. WELCOME TO BROOKINGS, BRANDON.
    sounds like 125 from what I'm hearing

Leave a comment:

• opinionsaremyown
    replied
    Whatever weight he goes is fine with me. He will bring another D1 experienced wrestler to the roster. What he does with that is up to him. WELCOME TO BROOKINGS, BRANDON.

Leave a comment:

• bennymj171
    replied
    it will be interesting to see what weight he ends up at next season, hasn't had a great career so far but sometimes a change is all a kid needs, he has 2 years of eligibility I believe

Leave a comment:

• witness
    replied
    Brandon Meredith commited. Transfer from Penn State
    https://twitter.com/bkmpsu1/status/1...hHlgbWR-mlDbyQ

Leave a comment:

• WestSideRabbit
    replied
    Originally posted by TheWombat View Post

This kid screams upside. If you can win a national title wrestling out of Benson, Minnesota while being a multiple sport athlete, you can win in Brookings with some of the best upper weight coaches and training partners in the country. He's a great fit for us. I do kind of hope he goes heavyweight, 197 is getting a little crowded in the room.
    Here is from the same area as the Carlson's. Benson is about 20 minutes from where I live so I plan to get to a few of his matches this winter.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X