No announcement yet.

Recruits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coach Hahn seems to thing that it's a good day to be a Jackrabbit. I'm going to guess Cael Swenson, but they might have grabbed another recently graduated senior.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheWombat View Post
      Coach Hahn seems to thing that it's a good day to be a Jackrabbit. I'm going to guess Cael Swenson, but they might have grabbed another recently graduated senior.
      You were right
      https://twitter.com/caelswensen/stat...514719232?s=21
      "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

• Welcome to SDSU Wrestling, Cael!

Comment

• Swenson really put it together last year after good but not great freshman and sophomore seasons. He has a win over Pickell this past year, he is a name the most wrestling fans in Minnesota know. He's grown a lot in the past three years and I feel like he might just now be getting a handle on his body. Much like with Bailey Roybal, I think that they got him when he was easier to pick up, before he had his breakout. I think they are going to have to keep recruiting him as he does better this year and makes his way onto the big board.

Comment

Swenson really put it together last year after good but not great freshman and sophomore seasons. He has a win over Pickell this past year, he is a name the most wrestling fans in Minnesota know. He's grown a lot in the past three years and I feel like he might just now be getting a handle on his body. Much like with Bailey Roybal, I think that they got him when he was easier to pick up, before he had his breakout. I think they are going to have to keep recruiting him as he does better this year and makes his way onto the big board.
            Didn't realize he went from 106 to 120 and then 138 this year while also being projected as a 149lber in college. Did he hit a growth spurt or is he just filling into his body?

Comment

• Originally posted by witness View Post

Didn't realize he went from 106 to 120 and then 138 this year while also being projected as a 149lber in college. Did he hit a growth spurt or is he just filling into his body?
              It looks like both, but he's certainly a lot taller than he was.

Comment

• Class of 2022 Luke Rasmussen from Brookings, SD just committed

https://twitter.com/lukerasmussen2/s...069912577?s=21

Comment

Class of 2022 Luke Rasmussen from Brookings, SD just committed

Very interesting pick-up. He's still very much figuring his body out. He went from 106 as an 8th grader to 170 as a freshman to 182 as a sophomore. He projects as a 197. Despite his complete lack of physical tools as he develops, he's seen some real success taking second at state behind Damion Schunke this year and taking 7th last year. He's gritty, he's creative, and he's well coached. There's reason to believe that his athleticism will catch up with his technique over the next two years and, once that happens, he might end up being really good. 195A returns two pretty good wrestler in Gavin Gulbranson and Regan Bollweg. If he's able to beat them, we'll know he's on the right track.

Comment

Class of 2022 Luke Rasmussen from Brookings, SD just committed

Their family is big SDSU wrestling fans/supporters.

Comment

Very interesting pick-up. He's still very much figuring his body out. He went from 106 as an 8th grader to 170 as a freshman to 182 as a sophomore. He projects as a 197. Despite his complete lack of physical tools as he develops, he's seen some real success taking second at state behind Damion Schunke this year and taking 7th last year. He's gritty, he's creative, and he's well coached. There's reason to believe that his athleticism will catch up with his technique over the next two years and, once that happens, he might end up being really good. 195A returns two pretty good wrestler in Gavin Gulbranson and Regan Bollweg. If he's able to beat them, we'll know he's on the right track.
                      Would imagine he's a pretty low cost recruit as well since he's from Brookings and committed just a few days after coaches could talk to 2022 recruits

Comment

• Another good one here. Look forward to his continued development and his time as a jackrabbit.

Comment

• 2021 Connor Gaynor from Illinois committed
                          https://twitter.com/itsconnorgaynor/...511853571?s=21
                          Last edited by witness; 06-28-2020, 04:10 PM.

Comment

• YES! This is great news. Connor is a great get for SDSU and this class is going to be a special one.

Comment

• Cael Swenson wrestled at the King of the Ring Duals today and he looked very good. He was able to major and pin a few state placers from around the country and he finished up in the finals beating #17 Sincere Bailey 3-0 in a one-sided match. He went out there and competed hard, always looking to score and never being afraid to take a shot. He gave up some unnecessary escapes as he put himself in bad position going for turns and he got stuck under people on shots more than I would have liked to see, but he was able to see openings very well and he showed fantastic short offense along with the leg attacks and cradles that we already knew that he had. With his attitude and the tools that he demonstrated today, I'm more confident than ever that he can do well for the jacks with just a little bit of polish and some added size and strength. It's also great to see him in shape and competing when many wrestlers are not. Of course, I also like to see him putting himself in close proximity to other top-flight recruits who the jacks may want to go after (Jesse Mendez, Gavin Nelson, and Gavin Layton were on him team, just to name a few).

Comment

• Thanks for the update Wombat. Sounds like Swenson had a nice outing. Looking forward to him being a jackrabbit.

Comment

Working...
                                X