Oklahoma!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Oklahoma!

[QUOTE=bub94;150321]When they are on, watch out. In my opinion, our best outside shooter is having an off year (Jill Young--shooting 37% and I'm calling that an off year). This lady can flat out shoot (last year shooting 48%). IPFW played zone against SDSU and they lit it up from 3 point land. ORU played the trapping defense you mention OU play. SDSU still had some open shots, but their percentage wasn't the greatest.

"You can teach, and prod, and dicipline, until you turn blue, but I have never seen a coach set a screen, block out on a rebound, or shoot a shot in a game. If the players don't perform the game plan then I put it on them not the coaches. Just my observation over the years." (quoted from another of your posts)

How true is that![/QUOTE]

I coached girls for 14 years and I have had my share of, shall we say,. challenges.

The Jackrabbits remind me alot of Iowa State. They shoot the 3 about as well as SDSU. Good behind the arc teams just scares the hell out of me. I am glad we get them at home, but if they are on, it wouldn't surprise me if it becomes a barn burner.

Comment

Originally posted by rocjunkie View Post
      The Jackrabbits remind me alot of Iowa State. They shoot the 3 about as well as SDSU. Good behind the arc teams just scares the hell out of me. I am glad we get them at home, but if they are on, it wouldn't surprise me if it becomes a barn burner.
      You're not the first person that's said that. Last year SDSU & Iowa State simultaneously lit up their first round opponents for 16 3-pointers tying a tournament record.

Two days later SDSU outscored Baylor in the paint.

I'm telling you, you should not discount the quality of their post play. They have patient, well conditioned, and exceptionally disciplined post players.

Comment

Originally posted by zooropa View Post
        You're not the first person that's said that. Last year SDSU & Iowa State simultaneously lit up their first round opponents for 16 3-pointers tying a tournament record.

Two days later SDSU outscored Baylor in the paint.

I'm telling you, you should not discount the quality of their post play. They have patient, well conditioned, and exceptionally disciplined post players.

Iowa State is probably my second favorite team behind the Sooners. After this weekend the Jackrabbits may end up being my third favorite and here is why. I say this with absolute total respect. I like teams that don't get those Mickey D all americans but through hard work, sound fundamentals, and true dicipline take the strengths of each player and mold them into a dynamite basketball team. Bill Fennelly has done that at Iowa State for years, and some how without those top 50 or 60 high school players, they end up in the NCAA and create havock.

I think that SDSU will become like that. Once you get to the Big Dance you don't want to leave. Year after year you just expect to be there. Just the short time I have spent on this board and from a little research, this team has a passionate fan base, and outstanding, quality, young ladies playing Jackrabbit basketball. As long as your coach can sell his system and his recruits buy into it, then I can't see anything but success for the Jackrabbits in the future.
        Last edited by rocjunkie; 03-17-2010, 03:41 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

After this weekend the Jackrabbits may end up being my third favorite and here is why.
          The Jacks play a very attractive style of ball. It is dang hard not to like them--even if you're trying your hardest.

On the players and fan support, the AD had this to say:

our fans eat that up, because our kids are reflecting the same values they hold. That makes a huge difference. When it's 30-below and you have to get in the car, they're compelled to support those kids, because they care so much about them.
          http://www.argusleader.com/article/2...30/1002/sports

Comment

Re: Bracketology 2010 NCAA Women's Tournament

As much as I respect your opinion, I guess we will have to agree to disagree. I will make one last post on this then move on. We were picked to finish 5th in the toughest conference in the country. After the fifth game of the season, we lost the Big XII's freshman of the year and without a doubt our team leader for the season to an ACL injury. As far as most were concerned, we were done for the season and going to be lucky to finish at .500 at best. We played the toughest schedule in the country, with one of the thinest benches. We had graduated the Paris twins. So what happens. We finish tied for 2nd in our conference. Play for the Conference championship (and by the way if we could hit lay-ups we win) and end up with a #3 seed in the Big Dance. All because of our Coach Sherri Coale getting the very best out of each and every player. That has nothing to do with X's and O's that takes great coaching. Not just this year, but year after year. We are all entitled to our opinion, but that's my story and I'm sticking to it.
            Amen, my friend!

Sorry it took so long to get over here, SDSt. fans, I couldn't get my account approved.

First, congrats on making the tourney! If I heard right, isn't this your second appearance in 2 years of eligibility?

I fear some of you are underestimating the Sooners, to put it bluntly. Like RJ said, we were picked to finish 5th in the Big 12, then we lost our undeniable leader and only consistent outside shooter Whitney Hand for the season, and yet we finished in a tie for 2nd and exceeded all expectations set for us at the beginning of the season even with a healthy Whitney.

OU is one of the most athletic teams in the country. DRob (you might have heard of her) and Ny Stevenson are the fastest guard duo in the nation. Amanda Thompson has been playing some of the best ball in the country the last four games: she has averaged 20.25 points and 14 rebounds. As already said, the Sooner's have played the most difficult schedule, and OU's lowest RPI loss was at #28 Iowa State.

Believe me, OU is not overlooking you. Sherri Coale knows better than that, and after having to come back from a 21 point deficit in a trap game vs. Kansas State, the Sooners know that, too.

I apologize if I'm repeating what's already been said...I just wanted to speak my peace.

Thank you for letting us Sooners on your board and if any of you have questions, we will do our best to answer them.

Comment

Originally posted by IBleedCrimson&Cream View Post
              Amen, my friend!

Sorry it took so long to get over here, SDSt. fans, I couldn't get my account approved.

First, congrats on making the tourney! If I heard right, isn't this your second appearance in 2 years of eligibility?

I fear some of you are underestimating the Sooners, to put it bluntly. Like RJ said, we were picked to finish 5th in the Big 12, then we lost our undeniable leader and only consistent outside shooter Whitney Hand for the season, and yet we finished in a tie for 2nd and exceeded all expectations set for us at the beginning of the season even with a healthy Whitney.

OU is one of the most athletic teams in the country. DRob (you might have heard of her) and Ny Stevenson are the fastest guard duo in the nation. Amanda Thompson has been playing some of the best ball in the country the last four games: she has averaged 20.25 points and 14 rebounds. As already said, the Sooner's have played the most difficult schedule, and OU's lowest RPI loss was at #28 Iowa State.

Believe me, OU is not overlooking you. Sherri Coale knows better than that, and after having to come back from a 21 point deficit in a trap game vs. Kansas State, the Sooners know that, too.

I apologize if I'm repeating what's already been said...I just wanted to speak my peace.

Thank you for letting us Sooners on your board and if any of you have questions, we will do our best to answer them.

Hey IBCC, even though I am a guest, welcome to the Jackrabbit's board. You are going to find some really great fans on this board. It reminds me of our ouhoops.com board. Extremely knowledgeable and just as passionate of their team as we are of ours. Great to connect with another fantastic fan base. Good luck you "wascally wabbits".

Comment

Amen, my friend!

Oh, c'mon, how can one possibly underestimate a 3 seed playing on its home court? To put it even more bluntly, and no smack intended, but this "you're underestimating us" thing is a crock. And is there a teensy, teensy bit of condescension in your analogy to a "trap game?"

Jacks also have overcome injuries and the loss of one of the best players in the country after last season. I for one hope they come into your arena with a big chip on their shoulders; they deserve to. The playing field is not level, the second time in two years we've had to swallow home-town cooking that favors a Big 12 tournament opponent. But the Jacks have earned their way, no matter where they play.

And it's SDSU. THE SDSU.
                Last edited by NoVaJack; 03-17-2010, 04:01 PM. Reason: add one line

Comment

Amen, my friend!

Hey man I love Ice Cream too! oh wait..

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
                    And is there a teensy, teensy bit of condescension in your analogy to a "trap game?"
                    No, I was simply referring to OU's game between K-State which took place after OU vs. UConn and before OU vs. Nebraska (both of those opponants were undefeated at the time). I mentioned it only to explain that the Sooners have learned their lesson to not overlook anybody.

I'm a guest on this board and I would like to respect the wonderful members of it, and I don't want to insult any of my hosts. We have different opinions and let's just leave it at that.

Thank you for informing me of the correct reference to your university, obviously I was unaware of it.

This is a completely unrelated, random question, but those of you in the Dakotas: is it cold there? 'Cuz its freezing in the Sooner state and it usually warms up by now.

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
                      hey man i love ice cream too! Oh wait..
                      lol.

Comment

I fear some of you are underestimating the Sooners, to put it bluntly.
                        Of course, for us, as fans, it doesn't really matter what we think of OU.

For the team?

AJ & co. will tell them what they need to do to win, and they will do it to the best of their ability.

One thing I can tell you for certain: games like this don't scare them.

It'll probably be a dang good game.

Comment

is it cold there? 'Cuz its freezing in the Sooner state and it usually warms up by now.
                          That, I've found, is a matter of perspective.

It is currently about 80 degrees above this winter's low.

So it feels pretty nice to us.

Comment

This is a completely unrelated, random question, but those of you in the Dakotas: is it cold there? 'Cuz its freezing in the Sooner state and it usually warms up by now.
                            I live in Pierre the state capitol (pronounced Peere like John Deere; German pronouncement of a french word...)I was just talking to my Indian roommate about this (From India..around here you have to specify that still.) and he said "MAN it's nice! it mus be 70 degrees" I had to inform him that he had become acclimated to SD winters and that it is actually only about 48 outside (WE ARE @ 55 NOW WHOOHOO!!!) He also stated "I think summer is here" I had to inform him they are forecasting Snow changing to rain tmw...

Comment

Originally posted by zooropa View Post

Where is this Wall?

Comment

There's some empty space on the BCS wall,hope we can add some more fine institutions of higher learning this tournement.

Comment

Working...
                                X