Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bracketology 2010 NCAA Women's Tournament

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
    Based on these interviews do you think maybe the Sonners are looking ahead to Kansas City as not one mention of their first opponent.

http://www.soonersports.com/sports/w...031510aaa.html
    They've never played a #14 seed this good.

Comment

Fran Fraschilla will be the color commentator for the game on Sunday.

Regardless of what you think of Fran, it's nice to have a guy who's impressed with the program, and familiar with it, on the broadcast team.

Comment

Here's some comparisons of the Sooners vs Jacks statistically.Scoring offense Jacks 20th in nation, Okla 35th.Scoring defense ,Jacks 131(much improved from earlier in the year) to Okla 255 . Scoring margin Okla 85,Jacks 27th.FG % Jacks 6th in nation,Okla at 52nd.FG % defense, Okla 152, Jacks 174.Rebound margin ,Jacks 68th,OKLA 53rd.Three point FG per game,Jacks 13th,Okla 174th.Three pt FG % for SDSU 13th,Okla 179th.Assists, Okla 121 in nation,SDSU 12th.Blocked shots,SDSU 171st,Okla 212th.Steals ,SDSU 53rd,Okla 281st.Turnovers, SDSU at 226th in nation,Okla,105 th.Personal fouls,they're ranked 169th,we're ranked 179th.Three point FG defense,SDSU at 93rd in the nation,Oklahoma at 159th.You could argue the numbers are skewed a little by the difference in competition level, but not this much.I like our chances of beating Okla very much.Oral Roberts finished #1 in steals per game in the nation,and # 1 in scoring offense, playing against them should have really helped us prepare for the rigors of the NCAA tournement.
        Last edited by jackdaniel; 03-16-2010, 12:51 AM.

Comment

I agree that playing ORU helped prepare us, but I would argue that the numbers would be skewed that much by the level of competition. Sooners are in the Big 12 South and were playing the majority of their season against top level competition. I hope they are looking past us. I think we are going to need a near perfect game to win. We have a little room for error, but this is a true road game in the tournament and those are rarely turned into upsets. If we pull off this win, it will be the upset of the tournament no doubt. That would get the program some great publicity. I think they can do it, and can't wait to watch the game on tv, sure wish I could take the kid to it.

EDIT: Forgot to post the first time, great compilation of stats jackdaniel. Rep given.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

From TV's twitter:

TerryVandrovec: Oklahoma already has a site set up for its portion of the NCAA Division I women's basketball tournament. http://bit.ly/aV3h1m

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

How funny would it be for Oklahoma to be sent home in the opening round and they were the host. Could you imagine what the attendance for the second round game be.

After reading the story soonersports page, I do think they are over looking SDSU.
              Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

Maybe I missed this somewhere in the thread, but what is the availability of the game on TV/online?

Comment

ESPN2 8:30 Sunday evening.

Comment

I honestly have not paid any attention to OU this year... other than the number posted above, how do we match up player to player? anyone know.

Comment

Didn't NDSU's softball team go to Norman and beat OU at home last year. OU was the heavy favorite, so it can be done.

Go Jacks!!!
                      (\__/)
                      (='.'=)
                      (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

Their starters are

01 Stevenson,Nyeshia
                        13 Robinson,Danielle
                        21 Thompson,Amanda
                        34 Olajuwon,Abi (left handed post)
                        45 Hartman,Jasmine

Danielle is a really quick guard, possibly the quickest in the country, offensively and defensively
                        Olajuwon doesn't like to go the right,and seems to struggle going that way.
                        Thompson is an aggresive player on the defensive side. Might be a matchup problem for whomever she's guarding.

On defensive rebounds they love to run, usually led by Danielle Robinson, and she's not afraid to take it the whole way.

They play man defense and will pressure you. They are very aggressive and that can hurt them getting into foul trouble.

They eat up the zone defense really well, but SDSU doesn't play that so it shouldn't be a problem. They love to play alot of the inside out game with Olajuwon and Danielle. Olajuwon loves to get the ball and turn to the left.

Thompson seems to be a pretty tough player and their biggest scoring threat.
                        All of their guards can shoot the three and if left open, they don't hesitate.

I believe if we put pressure on them and force them to make mistakes on Offense that could be achilles heal. I don't know about running with them as they are a very very quick team. The only play 8 deep so the starters get big minutes. I say pressure if SDSU puts pressure/press that might cause some disruption as they saw alot of zone.
                        They didn't see alot of pressure in the game I saw and they were very patient with their playcalling. I think pressure could set them off.

THEY LOVE TO SHOOT THE BALL.... AND THE LITTLE'S ROOM THEY WON'T HESITATE!

As long as they don't get very much room to run in transition and have to play Half court offense we should be fine. They obliterated teams when they can fast break.

Comment

Oklahoma!

I see on their web site http://www.soonersports.com/ncaa/201...mpionship.html that they're already underestimating SDSU:

NCAA Record: 1-1 First Round 2009.

That should be *second round.* Yeah, I know that the info in question is from the NCAA themselves, but we can hope that the rest of the scouting is similarly inaccurate.
                          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by Fanatic111689 View Post
                            Their starters are

01 Stevenson,Nyeshia
                            13 Robinson,Danielle
                            21 Thompson,Amanda
                            34 Olajuwon,Abi (left handed post)
                            45 Hartman,Jasmine

Danielle is a really quick guard, possibly the quickest in the country, offensively and defensively
                            Olajuwon doesn't like to go the right,and seems to struggle going that way.
                            Thompson is an aggresive player on the defensive side. Might be a matchup problem for whomever she's guarding.

On defensive rebounds they love to run, usually led by Danielle Robinson, and she's not afraid to take it the whole way.

They play man defense and will pressure you. They are very aggressive and that can hurt them getting into foul trouble.

They eat up the zone defense really well, but SDSU doesn't play that so it shouldn't be a problem. They love to play alot of the inside out game with Olajuwon and Danielle. Olajuwon loves to get the ball and turn to the left.

Thompson seems to be a pretty tough player and their biggest scoring threat.
                            All of their guards can shoot the three and if left open, they don't hesitate.

I believe if we put pressure on them and force them to make mistakes on Offense that could be achilles heal. I don't know about running with them as they are a very very quick team. The only play 8 deep so the starters get big minutes. I say pressure if SDSU puts pressure/press that might cause some disruption as they saw alot of zone.
                            They didn't see alot of pressure in the game I saw and they were very patient with their playcalling. I think pressure could set them off.

THEY LOVE TO SHOOT THE BALL.... AND THE LITTLE'S ROOM THEY WON'T HESITATE!

As long as they don't get very much room to run in transition and have to play Half court offense we should be fine. They obliterated teams when they can fast break.
                            Needless to say that rebounding ,especially keeping them off thier offensive board, will be one of the key factors in winning this game.Also, in regard to pressuring,it's hard to pressure (using your words) a very,very quick team.Not to be a smart a** or anything, just wondering if that might backfire on us?
                            Last edited by jackdaniel; 03-16-2010, 11:27 AM.

Comment

We have nothing to lose,they do,that equals pressure on thier team to win.If we can keep the pressure on them,they might just crack first.Basketball is very much a mental game too,to be overlooked is a good thing for us,that means "horned frogged" for them.Playing a game in a hostile environment means you have to "stay focused",it's crucial to do so.Start preparing ladies,find thier weakness and go for it, give them everything you've got,we might just pull off a great "upset",& wow a few people too.
                              Last edited by jackdaniel; 03-16-2010, 10:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 22jack View Post
                                Maybe Ben and Hakeem will be there.
                                Oh, and don't leave out the cousin of, NBA star Byron Russell, of #21 Thompson from OU. They have the name, Jacks have the game

Comment

Working...
                                X