Oklahoma: OUInsider
    Oklahoma: OUBoards
    Oklahoma: SoonerFans
    Oklahoma: Soonerville (ez)
    Oklahoma: Boomer Sooner
    Oklahoma: OUHoops.com
    Oklahoma: Sooner Times
    Oklahoma: OklahomaSports

I don't know if they are all active and I haven't looked to see if any of them are the favorite of women's basketball fans. I'm quite certain that they will be glad to welcome a few of us with genuine Oklahoma hospitality.
    Finding is never about seeking. It is about opening yourself to what is already there. - Henry Meloux

Comment

Re: Bracketology 2010 NCAA Women's Tournament

Originally posted by zooropa View Post
      Seriously, though, as long as they don't play that trapping zone crap, SDSU has as good a shot as anyone and better than most.....
      I think it's a good bet that they have at least the Summit League championship game video . . . so it's a good bet we'll see some trapping zone crap, as you say . . .

I don't remember them doing anything exotic vs. Texas A&M, so it must have been a pretty straightforward man-to-man most of the time.
      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
        And the answer to the inevitable question: Yes, she's the little sister of the Steelers quarterback . . .

And yes, she's the daughter of Hakeem Olajuwon . . .
        Big deal. We have Maria Boever's family. Top that!

Comment

I have watched Oklahoma the past few years and one good thing is they underachieve in the tourney. They have had good teams in the past but did not perform to their ability. I don't think their coach is real good, great recruiter, bad X & O's coach. Just my opinion.
          (\__/)
          (='.'=)
          (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

Originally posted by NorCalJack View Post
            I have watched Oklahoma the past few years and one good thing is they underachieve in the tourney. They have had good teams in the past but did not perform to their ability. I don't think their coach is real good, great recruiter, bad X & O's coach. Just my opinion.
            I wouldn't call making the Final Four last year "underachieving."
            -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

I am not sure about that, they had a huge turnover in regards to % of points and minutes from last years team, somewhat changed style of play to reflect the loss of the Parrish twins, and ended up in the Big 12 championship game and a solid #3 seed in the NCAA.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                so it's a good bet we'll see some trapping zone crap, as you say . . .
                Yeah---except a leopard can't change its spots. If you can't trap well, you'll give up a whole bunch of points in a real big hurry.

If Oklahoma isn't used to trapping, I'm going to guess that they couldn't possibly be experts at it by Sunday, regardless of their talent or their coaching.

---

I'm also hoping that they spend plenty of time watching the early season non-conf games, and not much time watching the late season stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by zooropa View Post
                  Yeah---except a leopard can't change its spots. If you can't trap well, you'll give up a whole bunch of points in a real big hurry.

If Oklahoma isn't used to trapping, I'm going to guess that they couldn't possibly be experts at it by Sunday, regardless of their talent or their coaching.

---

I'm also hoping that they spend plenty of time watching the early season non-conf games, and not much time watching the late season stuff.
                  I am pretty sure that any team we play will have a pretty good idea what to expect. No team this year wants to be "Horn-Frogged."

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
                    I am pretty sure that any team we play will have a pretty good idea what to expect. No team this year wants to be "Horn-Frogged."
                    Remember that SDSU ran up a 15-0 lead on Baylor with hardly any 3-point shots.

SDSU is not just about the 3 point line. And I don't think a Big 12 coach is going to weight what SDSU did to WIU and IPFW over what they did to Arizona State last year. Even if the latter games give a better idea of where SDSU is at.

Comment

I wouldn't call making the Final Four last year "underachieving."

Well they only made the Final Four once during the four years of the Paris twins. That is underachieving. The other three years they never made or went past the Sweet 16. In fact in all of the games they played in the NCAA tourney over the past 4 years, they never beat a team with a higher seeding. They lost every year losing to a team that was seeded lower than they were. Even when they made the Final Four, Oklahoma was a No. 1 seed and then lost to a No. 3 seed.
                      (\__/)
                      (='.'=)

Comment

We will need to keep them off the boards. B. Hand being injured is a plus and they did only beat Creighton by 8 and Missouri by one and Iowa St beat them by 10 and finally beat TCU by 4. We have a fighting chance but Jill and Sunnaborg need to have good games with the same production coming from the other girls.

i thought we would have had a good chance to beat them last year, because we could run them. I hope we can put together a good game plan and execute it and make the nation take notice!

This team is all Danielle Robinson, lots of shots but not from 3 pt land, as they have only one true 3 pt threat and they did not get to the free throw line very much. Not a great shooting team!

http://www.soonersports.com/sports/w.../teamcume.html

Comment

Well they only made the Final Four once during the four years of the Paris twins. That is underachieving. The other three years they never made or went past the Sweet 16. In fact in all of the games they played in the NCAA tourney over the past 4 years, they never beat a team with a higher seeding. They lost every year losing to a team that was seeded lower than they were. Even when they made the Final Four, Oklahoma was a No. 1 seed and then lost to a No. 3 seed.
                          Well, if they lost to a higher seed that isn't underachieving either.

I just think that they are better than you are willing to give them credit for being.

Comment

Oklahoma!

Based on these interviews do you think maybe the Sonners are looking ahead to Kansas City as not one mention of their first opponent.

http://www.soonersports.com/sports/w...031510aaa.html

Comment

Well, if they lost to a higher seed that isn't underachieving either.
                              They never lost to a higher seed, they always lost to a lower seed the last 4 years.
                              (\__/)
                              (='.'=)

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                                Based on these interviews do you think maybe the Sonners are looking ahead to Kansas City as not one mention of their first opponent.

http://www.soonersports.com/sports/w...031510aaa.html
                                Most 3 seeds probably look past 14 seeds...

Comment

Working...
                                X