Clear All

Re: Oklahoma!

women's locker room.

Comment

Originally posted by zooropa View Post
      women's locker room.
      What were you doing in there Zoo?!!!
      If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
      - Steven Wright

Comment

Re: Bracketology 2010 NCAA Women's Tournament

Originally posted by slosho View Post
        I live in Pierre the state capitol (pronounced Peere like John Deere; German pronouncement of a french word...)I was just talking to my Indian roommate about this (From India..around here you have to specify that still.) and he said "MAN it's nice! it mus be 70 degrees" I had to inform him that he had become acclimated to SD winters and that it is actually only about 48 outside (WE ARE @ 55 NOW WHOOHOO!!!) He also stated "I think summer is here" I had to inform him they are forecasting Snow changing to rain tmw...
        I actually knew Pierre was pronounced like that. How 'bout me!

I have an Indian friend (from India) that pronounces my home town Tulsa like "Tool-sa". Its pretty funny. Its also funny when out-of-staters pronounce Sapulpa like "Sap-a-lupa".

Comment

I don't think anyone underestimates Oklahoma, however they are beatable having lost 10 games and 3 of the last 6 games. I am not as concerned about beating UO as I am about the ref's keeping the game close as they did when we played Baylor 2nd round last year. 8,000 home town fans is the best thing UO has going for it in this game.

Comment

Re: Bracketology 2010 NCAA Women's Tournament

Originally posted by IBleedCrimson&Cream View Post
            This is a completely unrelated, random question, but those of you in the Dakotas: is it cold there? 'Cuz its freezing in the Sooner state and it usually warms up by now.
            I lived in Norman for three years. The weather was great. I really liked Norman a lot. And the OU campus is absolutely beautiful. Prettiest campus I have worked at by far. But everybody there thought it was pretty cold when it was 40 degrees. And they thought it was humid when humidity was 30 percent. And they thought it was windy, too.

To clarify: In South Dakota, 40 in winter is warm. 30 percent humidity in summer is dry. And windy pretty much describes every day.

It's all relative, right?

Let's just hope for a good game. The Sooners are big favorites. But I think the Jackrabbits will surprise some people.
            Holy nutmeg!

Comment

This has to be a good sign, right: Today my Go Jacks yard sign emerged from the pile of snow that it has been buried under for I don't know how long.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stRowFANatic View Post
                This has to be a good sign, right: Today my Go Jacks yard sign emerged from the pile of snow that it has been buried under for I don't know how long.
                That means three more weeks of Jackrabbit basketball, doesn't it?
                "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Exactly what I saw today. I had forgotten it was in the yard. Maybe the same type of sign as we seen driving up to TX Tech stadium when all the Jackrabbits were running around.

GBGBGJ

Comment

Pun intended?
                    - Steven Wright

Comment

• Re: Oklahoma!

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
                      Pun intended?
                      Of course.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
                        Pun intended?
                        It is indeed a good sign. I moved mine up near the house for the winter so it wouldn't get buried in the snow. It did lose the small crossbar in the middle, but it still sits through the wind and snow and elements. Well done Alumni Foundation on a quality sign.

Oh, and yes, go Jackrabbit women!

A #14 seed won (convincingly) yesterday.

It wouldn't hurt my feelings to watch another win today (Oakland). And then another on Sunday night.

Comment

Originally posted by rocjunkie View Post
                          Sure we could move it to the Ford Center in Oklahoma City, just 20 miles from Norman.
                          But that's where the men's sub-regional is. Or is that at the Cox Convention Center formerly known as the Myriad.

I'm a Wyoming fan living in northwest OKC since 1991. Best years of living here was when OU was super bad in football under Blake.

Oh, for those travelling down, there's apparently a major snowstrom heading this way and is supposed to dump 6-14 inches here and in northeast Oklahoma tomorrow.

It's not the storm you should be worried about, it's the stupid Okies who can't drive on the ice to save their lives.

Comment

• Re: Bracketology 2010 NCAA Women's Tournament

Originally posted by IBleedCrimson&Cream View Post
                            I actually knew Pierre was pronounced like that. How 'bout me!

I have an Indian friend (from India) that pronounces my home town Tulsa like "Tool-sa". Its pretty funny. Its also funny when out-of-staters pronounce Sapulpa like "Sap-a-lupa".
                            Or people who pronounce Miami, OK wrong.

Comment

Of course.
                              Then rep for you!!!
                              - Steven Wright

Comment

More from OK

http://normantranscript.com/sports/x...r-Sooner-women

Comment

Working...
                                X