Oklahoma!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Oklahoma!

A little thread drift but, I'm not sure who is paying Graham Hayes, but he loves to give State a shout out whenever he can!

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncw/tourna...ham&id=4994784
    With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Ii'm told Dietel should be able to play...

Comment

Am I the only one that starts singing when I log in and see this thread on the front page?

Just curious.

Comment

Originally posted by BitsTD View Post
          Am I the only one that starts singing when I log in and see this thread on the front page?

Just curious.
          lol the question is which song...

Comment

Originally posted by LakeJack View Post
            I suppose one shouldn't expect much, but it is typical of the 'BCS' mentality to underestimate a -winning- program from a disregarded conference (as surely as it is typical for a 'mid-major' to overstate their case for a higher seed).

As Yogi Berra said, 90% of this game is half mental, and that's doubly true for the college game. Do not underestimate a team that knows how to win, that knows what winning feels like, in a tournament setting.

You look at the 'upsets' in the early rounds in the tournament: they're almost always 'winners' upsetting 'losers' with at-large bids. Schools that couldn't win their conference tourney losing to schools that did.

Maybe someone else can help me out. Maybe I'll need to do the legwork myself, but I'm curious when an at-large last won the NCAAs.

Comment

Originally posted by zooropa View Post
              I suppose one shouldn't expect much, but it is typical of the 'BCS' mentality to underestimate a -winning- program from a disregarded conference (as surely as it is typical for a 'mid-major' to overstate their case for a higher seed).

As Yogi Berra said, 90% of this game is half mental, and that's doubly true for the college game. Do not underestimate a team that knows how to win, that knows what winning feels like, in a tournament setting.

You look at the 'upsets' in the early rounds in the tournament: they're almost always 'winners' upsetting 'losers' with at-large bids. Schools that couldn't win their conference tourney losing to schools that did.

Maybe someone else can help me out. Maybe I'll need to do the legwork myself, but I'm curious when an at-large last won the NCAAs.

Someone uses the term, "finding ourselves" in this story. I HATE that term. Does anyone ever say, "losing ourselves?" C'mon, you can do better than that, Sooners.

Comment

Originally posted by OKC_Poke View Post
                But that's where the men's sub-regional is. Or is that at the Cox Convention Center formerly known as the Myriad.

I'm a Wyoming fan living in northwest OKC since 1991. Best years of living here was when OU was super bad in football under Blake.

Oh, for those travelling down, there's apparently a major snowstrom heading this way and is supposed to dump 6-14 inches here and in northeast Oklahoma tomorrow.

It's not the storm you should be worried about, it's the stupid Okies who can't drive on the ice to save their lives.

Not smack but the Jackrabbits have had a weather problem this year, Kansas City vs UMKC = ice storm, at Tulsa vs ORU= ice storm, at Cedar City for SUU= snow storm, at Rochester Hills vs Oakland U= eight inches of snow, at Fort Wayne for IPFW= snow storm, just about every home game = ice or snow storm. If you need to break a drought just invite the Jacks in and it will storm.

Comment

Originally posted by zooropa View Post

The more Oklahoma looks ahead, the happier I am . . .
                  "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by BitsTD View Post

Just curious.
                    I did put the exclamation mark there for a reason, you know.

(I'd recently got done watching OU play TAMU for the Big 12 women's championship. Their band plays both Boomer Sooner and Oklahoma! a lot. Not as much as Tennessee's band plays Rocky Top, though. Nobody plays a song as much as Tennessee plays Rocky Top.)
                    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                      Nobody plays a song as much as Tennessee plays Rocky Top.)
                      When I was learning to play guitar I played it plenty.

Had the song memorized -long before- I realized what that verse meant about the 'strangers lookin' for a moonshine still'...

Can't help but think of practicing guitar in the basement on an junior size Harmony when I hear that....

Comment

I like it. TV reports that the Jackrabbits have landed in Oklahoma. A little back and forth with Graham Hayes as well.

http://www.argusleader.com/section/sdsu

http://www.argusleader.com/
                        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

More from OK about "when" they go to KC

http://newsok.com/learning-to-play-w...rticle/3447968

Comment

Originally posted by leeshajo View Post
                            lol the question is which song...
                            LMAO! That's exactly what I've been doing since filbert started this thread. I see the big OKLAHOMA with the exclamation point and I'm finishing the damn song in my mind -- the title song from the musical, of course!

Sincerely,
                            Curly McClain

PS: filbert, thanks for sticking that song in our heads...sheesh, it's there for hours.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                              LMAO! I see the big OKLAHOMA with the exclamation point and I'm finishing the damn song in my mind -- the title song from the musical, of course!
                              There it is. And I've never seen the musical. where the wind comes sweeping down the plains.

Comment

Good luck

Comment

Working...
                                X