Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: ORU--Round 3

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
    And I don't know who all were being sore winners in here, but I get a general sense that we have given ORU alot of respect.
    Maybe it was me. I pointed out Fink's whining at the press conference. Sorry, but I'm not going to ignore that. The guy acts like a 12-year-old.
    Holy nutmeg!

Comment

There is no I in TEAM. There is an I in KevI. Difference. Jacks win.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
        Since Macie was sliding into position to take a charge he feet don't have to be planted. All she has to do is establish her position. Which she did.

And I don't know who all were being sore winners in here, but I get a general sense that we have given ORU alot of respect.
        No one seems to be mentioning the charge foul Maria got early in the first half. The player clearly slid in front of her for Maria's first fould and I don't hear any crying about that questionable call.

Comment

Originally posted by 1bunnies View Post
          Nah, there's a ME in tEaM.

The girl has a lot of talent. She was aggressive. I would have to think she was making those same moves all year. Maybe a different ref wouldn't have made the traveling calls. She is still going to have a very good career for ORU.
          Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

Originally posted by TeamPlayer View Post
            No one seems to be mentioning the charge foul Maria got early in the first half. The player clearly slid in front of her for Maria's first fould and I don't hear any crying about that questionable call.
            I think since the charging call with Macie and Kevi was so close to the end of the game. It sticks out in everyone's mind a little more than something in the first half. I didn't think Maria's was a charge, but it might be more of what the ref saw than what I saw. It's all about angle of view.
            Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

Originally posted by 1bunnies View Post
              You sure got us with that one!

ORU starters:

KevI
              JacI

SDSU starters:

MacIe
              MarIa
              KrIstIn
              JennIfer

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                I got tired of watching her do it to Worthington for 4 years in high school. She would hit the floor,flop around like a fish,and hop up and give that doggone fist pump ! It actually took a game or two after she came to the Jacks before I could bring myself to cheer for her !

Speak for yourself.

Signed,

Marshall Tigers Alum

Comment

Originally posted by Just in the crowd View Post
                  Her left foot is still a foot off the ground at impact. The USA Rep is also a Big 12 referee who is working the men's conference tourney. I think that I'll take his word for it.
                  Have to admit after reading all the posts on this subject, that this one really ticks me off. I don't care if some guy on the sideline who referees, said it was a bad call. I knew it was close and saw Fink go berserk...but when I went home and watched the DVR and did the same thing that Old Titan did on the ORU site...watched, paused, watched, etc. there was no question that Macie was set and in place (maybe only a split second) before Luper plowed into her.

If any coach, or any Big 12 referee on the sidelines is going to criticize officials for a bad call, they should have kept their mouths shut on this one.

ORU has a good team and they will be tough to contend with in the future, but they have nothing to complain about in losing this one, except for their own mistakes...not the officials. The fateful drive by Luper, having been forced to drive down the floor dribbling with her left hand, rather than the way she prefers to go, was to me, the key play in the game. She lost the ball, on her own, and then plowed into Macie who dashed after the ball. That one is interesting to watch on DVR also, as you can clearly see the sequence of events on the play, with some very good camera work picking it up. If she goes to the basket and scores or gets to the free throw line, I think we lose...but she didn't.

Comment

Just wondering if anyone in Sioux Falls has the game on DVR. I forgot to set the timer and apparently my daughter got some camera time. She would like to see it, as would I, so if you wouldn't mind a little reviewing party (we would only want to see the crowd shots & maybe the call on Luper & maybe OT. NO, we will stick to the crowd shots to minimize the intrusion. Send me a pm. Thanks.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Just in the crowd View Post
                      You sure got us with that one!

ORU starters:

KevI
                      JacI

SDSU starters:

MacIe
                      MarIa
                      KrIstIn
                      JennIfer
                      It seems like you have a conflict of interests here. You are posting on a SDSU forum with a SDSU avatar, but now you are an ORU fan?

I also have to agree with one of the posters comments regarding your referee friend. Just like coaches, maybe other referees should hold their comments to themselves. Did he make a comment during the call that the refs are blind? Now wouldn't that be ironic (don't you think)?

Comment

Graham Hays article about the dominant Huskies has a whole paragraph celebrating the vibrant Summit League WBB title game.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncw/tourna...ham&id=4994784

"They might have seen South Dakota State hold off Oral Roberts in a 79-75 overtime thriller in the Summit League title game in front of 5,460 fans -- roughly 2,300 more patrons than stuck around for the men's final between Oakland and IUPUI."

Graham gets the women's atmosphere in Brookings, and South Dakota!

Comment

Originally posted by 1stRowFANatic View Post
                          Just wondering if anyone in Sioux Falls has the game on DVR. I forgot to set the timer and apparently my daughter got some camera time. She would like to see it, as would I, so if you wouldn't mind a little reviewing party (we would only want to see the crowd shots & maybe the call on Luper & maybe OT. NO, we will stick to the crowd shots to minimize the intrusion. Send me a pm. Thanks.
                          Was she the one waving the bunny thing around?

I bet a person can still watch it on espn360 if you have the right cable provider.....
                          "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
                            Was she the one waving the bunny thing around?

I bet a person can still watch it on espn360 if you have the right cable provider.....
                            Yep, I can't get espn360 here unfortunately. The puppet is a golf club cover that I won at some golfing event. I won one cover, already had a full set so I gave it to her and she decided it was a good hand puppet.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stRowFANatic View Post
                              Yep, I can't get espn360 here unfortunately. The puppet is a golf club cover that I won at some golfing event. I won one cover, already had a full set so I gave it to her and she decided it was a good hand puppet.
                              Right now on channel 23 in Sioux Falls the semifinals is on Midcontinent, so the finals will air sometime just keep checking the channel.

Comment

All the Summit games, except the finals, have been on a regular rotation. Not sure if they will ever get the rights from ESPN though.

Comment

Working...
                                X