Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Bracketology 2010 NCAA Women's Tournament

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
    Yeah, the Summit doesn't get us any respect. Maybe if we pull an upset, NEXT year they'll pay attention.

For the record, and I have made the drive about 50 times, Norman is 11.5 hours from Brookings.
    Are you going to make the drive 51 times?

Comment

Wonder if they meant to send us to Texas again?

Austin, TX

6 TEX
      11 SDSU
      3/21
      7:11

3 WVU
      14 LAM
      3/21
      9:30

Comment

How would you like to be an Iowa fan - as an 8 seed,they go to California when they could have been sent to Minneapolis ?

Comment

I've moved a bunch of Oklahoma-specific posts to their own thread . . .

Oklahoma!
          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Ended up about where all the fans thought we would, per TV's poll during his Thurs chat. AJ has the team ready for this environment. As he stated during the interview after the selection show, it depends on which Jacks team shows up. If Jacks play like they did in the first 35 min vs. ORU, they will be right with OK. Play sloppy and TO's abound, it will be a fast loss.

AJ prepared well with a GREAT OOC schedule. All but USD are either in the WNIT or in NCAA tourneys. Only two losses (of 10) are not participating in the tourneys, which were the Summit road losses to Oakland and UMKC. SDSU is 3-2 vs fellow dancers.

Jacks continue this kind of prep each year, and if our Summit Leaguers can step up this kind of challenge, perhaps the Summit League can start getting at-large bids in the future.

Congrats on a GREAT invite, and let's match the Capital One challenge results of blowing by Boomer!

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
              Let's give Tevia Bungo a little credit. He patted SDSU on the back, noting we're the Jackrabbits, back for the second time in only two years of eligibility. It was a very nice, short compliment.
              Taj Faygo saved his patented identification flub for Southern by calling them "Southwestern" when he revealed the identity of UConn's first sacrificial lamb.

Comment

Charlie Creme has best-case/worst-case scenarios for each bracket:

Dayton: http://sports.espn.go.com/ncw/tourna...lie&id=5001921
                Scaramento: http://sports.espn.go.com/ncw/tourna...lie&id=5003081
                Memphis: http://sports.espn.go.com/ncw/tourna...lie&id=5002130
                Kansas City: http://sports.espn.go.com/ncw/tourna...lie&id=5002545

Not very much resepct for SDSU there . . .

Comment

Originally posted by NightHawk78 View Post
                  Charlie Creme has best-case/worst-case scenarios for each bracket:

Dayton: http://sports.espn.go.com/ncw/tourna...lie&id=5001921
                  Scaramento: http://sports.espn.go.com/ncw/tourna...lie&id=5003081
                  Memphis: http://sports.espn.go.com/ncw/tourna...lie&id=5002130
                  Kansas City: http://sports.espn.go.com/ncw/tourna...lie&id=5002545

Not very much resepct for SDSU there . . .
                  As a comedian, Charlie is a good bracketologist.
                  "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                    As a comedian, Charlie is a good bracketologist.
                    Yeah.

I've -never- heard the old 'maybe ______ has one more year of eligibility' joke before.

Comment

Originally posted by NightHawk78 View Post
                      Taj Faygo saved his patented identification flub for Southern by calling them "Southwestern" when he revealed the identity of UConn's first sacrificial lamb.
                      I about burst out laughing when Tango Wango announced that, then I realized that Trap Gringo did that to us last year.

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
                        Middle Tn St., last time I checked we beat them... by a Bunch!
                        Just pulled up expedia.com nothing like $800 plus for tix to OK City...
                        BUT, Middle Tennessee also lost to UALR by a bunch and that was much later in the season. UALR also nearly beat MTSU again in the Sun Belt championship game. I'm not trying to discredit your team, but MTSU has played much better since South Dakota State saw them. MTSU did beat Western Kentucky three times this season. South Dakota State lost to WKU at home (again, early in the season).

Most importantly to consider though is the fact that the Sun Belt is much stronger than the Summit League in this particular sport.

Comment

Originally posted by TennesseeBoyintheRockies View Post
                          Most importantly to consider though is the fact that the Sun Belt is much stronger than the Summit League in this particular sport.
                          I think each conference has it's strong teams and weak teams. Last year, the Summit League really only had SDSU (Oakland was the elite second place team). This year, ORU closed that gap. Both conferences had some top level teams beating up on the rest.
                          Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

Originally posted by TennesseeBoyintheRockies View Post
                            BUT, Middle Tennessee also lost to UALR by a bunch and that was much later in the season. UALR also nearly beat MTSU again in the Sun Belt championship game. I'm not trying to discredit your team, but MTSU has played much better since South Dakota State saw them. MTSU did beat Western Kentucky three times this season. South Dakota State lost to WKU at home (again, early in the season).

It is inarguable that the bottom of the Summit League is composed of some really, really, really, really, really bad basketball teams. (I think five "reallys" may mildly understate the situation.) We're talking about teams that would make La-Monroe or La-Lafayette look halfway decent.

As the year went on, there was a group of five Summit League teams that started playing pretty decent women's basketball: SDSU, Oral Roberts, Oakland, IPFW, and UMKC. Maybe toss NDSU in that "pretty decent" group, too.

None of which were performing consistently at SEC or Big 12 levels, but it wasn't cringe-inducing women's basketball (for which see: Centenary; IUPUI; Southern Utah). Those three were serious drags on the the Summit's overall RPI and computer ratings all year, and Something Must Be Done About Them!!! (Centenary is of course dropping out of the Summit League and Division I, being replaced by the University of South Dakota--a significant upgrade for the league.)

We don't have 32 wins this year. All the parts are there, but they just haven't come together like they did last year. If they do, SDSU can beat some people we're "not supposed to beat".

Like Oklahoma, for instance.

I like the sound of a UALR-SDSU second round game . . .
                            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

I almost forgot about last years "near upset" of Baylor in the first round. But I can't remember to who??? But they should've lost...I think Mulkey was sick for that game.

Rep points to the first poster that remember's that team.

Go Jacks!!
                              SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Originally posted by propar80 View Post
                                I almost forgot about last years "near upset" of Baylor in the first round. But I can't remember to who??? But they should've lost...I think Mulkey was sick for that game.

Rep points to the first poster that remember's that team.

Go Jacks!!
                                UT-SA - Roadrunners gave them a good shot.

Comment

Working...
                                X