2012 recruits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2012 recruits

Anyone hearing anything about this 9th grader from Canby? Some friends from Brookings who work with one of her parents have been asking me about her for several months now. They tell me she has received letters from several DI programs in the midwest and that her parents are waiting for contact from SDSU. I wasn't aware of her.

Her name is Riley Nordgaard and she was recently named the player of the year for the Marshall area.

http://www.marshallindependent.com/p...id/508860.html
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Re: 2012 recruit?

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
    Anyone hearing anything about this 9th grader from Canby? Some friends from Brookings who work with one of her parents have been asking me about her for several months now. They tell me she has received letters from several DI programs in the midwest and that her parents are waiting for contact from SDSU. I wasn't aware of her.

Her name is Riley Nordgaard and she was recently named the player of the year for the Marshall area.

http://www.marshallindependent.com/p...id/508860.html
    I wonder if she is related to Jeff Nordgaard, outstanding basketball player from Dawson-Boyd, who went on to play at UW-Green Bay and also got drafted into the NBA (Milwaukee Bucks 1996).

Comment

Nice article, and sound like the kind of player that would fit AJ's team well.

If she's leading an HS team as a freshman, she deserves a quick congratulations note, to let her now that Jacks are interested. Is she going to have the opportunity to play some AAU ball this summer?

Comment

Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post
        Nice article, and sound like the kind of player that would fit AJ's team well.

If she's leading an HS team as a freshman, she deserves a quick congratulations note, to let her now that Jacks are interested. Is she going to have the opportunity to play some AAU ball this summer?
        I assume you mean "quick congratulations note from the coaching staff" as such contact from you or me or other backers would be a recruiting violation, in NCAA-world.
        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
          I assume you mean "quick congratulations note from the coaching staff" as such contact from you or me or other backers would be a recruiting violation, in NCAA-world.
          Yes, from the SDSU athletic dept. Us SDSU fans can just enjoy watching.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
            I wonder if she is related to Jeff Nordgaard, outstanding basketball player from Dawson-Boyd, who went on to play at UW-Green Bay and also got drafted into the NBA (Milwaukee Bucks 1996).
            Yes she is according to one poster at this sighthttp://forum.minnesota-scores.net/in...9bfa9ae36a4930
            second cousin,took the gene awhile to come out again i guess.Very good info on all minn players on this sight, it's in a board type forum, more interactive with more opinions than gprep.

Comment

good luck with her, Jeff Nordgard's parents are my neighbor! Sweet NDSU flag hanging out on their dock as I type!

Jeff's 2 sisters were straight up stars in high school and in college at South Carloina and UW-Green bay.

Comment

I read some posts and am amazed beyond words at what handjobs some posters are.......

It sucks reading through some of the garbage some people put on this site.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                  I read some posts and am amazed beyond words at what handjobs some posters are.......

Agreed. But it's just the way things will be on message boards.
                  Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Attacking posts = okay.
                    Attacking posters = not okay.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post

What exactly did you contribute in this post? Just a question and not a personal attack? I am looking for your opinion about women's hoops at SDSU.

Comment

Getting letters as a freshman or sophomore means that a college sends one questioner letter, (name, address, etc..) thats it. If anyone that age is looking for a phone call from a D1 or D11 coach at that grade level, it can't happen. Parents/players can call the coach, but the coach can not call the parents/players until April of junior year.

Being a star at the smallest division in Minnesota is not necessarily a big deal. It will be interesting to see if she is playing on an AAU team or see her play against a good team. That is what coaches will be looking for.

Comment

Riley Nordgaard plays aau for the northern lights aau team.
                          Last edited by jackdaniel; 05-30-2009, 09:14 AM.

Comment

I don't believe Northern Lights is a real strong AAU organization. I could be wrong, but I don't hear much about them like the traditional ones: North Tartan, Minnesota Stars, Metro Stars, etc. These four organizations produce a number of D1 players every year.

Comment

I understand AJ attended Canby's high school basketball game the other night. I assume it was a business trip and that he was watching Riley Nordgaard, maybe other players. I haven't heard a lot about her lately and I don't see her listed on the top 20 list. Anyone else hearing anything? Just curious.

http://gprep.net/200rankings.html
                              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Working...
                              X