2012 recruits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2012 recruit?

I heard from a friend who works with Riley's dad that she has an offer from NDSU and is expecting one from SDSU soon. She is at least a 3-sport star with well deserved accolades in VB, track and BB. I assume she'll play only BB in college.

My understanding is that Riley has not tipped her cap with regards to her preference. I know AJ and his staff have been watching her since at least 8th grade. She will be a junior at Canby High this year.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Chloe Korneman has verballed to Coach Johnston. Keep the Korneman tradition going. Congrats Chloe.

Comment

Originally posted by 1bunnies View Post
        Chloe Korneman has verballed to Coach Johnston. Keep the Korneman tradition going. Congrats Chloe.
        Not to be picky, but it's Cornemann.
        Go Big, Go Blue, Go Jacks!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SDSU16 View Post
          Not to be picky, but it's Cornemann.
          I knew that. Sorry, Chloe.

Comment

Anyone who knows the Cornemanns knows their blood is yellow and blue. Congratulations to Chloe on getting the offer she was hoping for. Here is the article from the P&D on our newest Jackrabbit commit.
            http://yankton.net/articles/2010/09/...7926272934.txt

Comment

I got to watch Chloe play in the Willie Mac Hoops tournament last year in Brookings and let me tell you she is a heck of a player. It was fun to watch her and her Yankton teammates play in the open division against all of the traveling teams. They ended up as runners-up in a tight game. Chloe from the parts of games that I was able to watch was one of the best players out there. Good get for the Jacks!
              Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Never a bad thing when having someone excited to be apart of the jackrabbit family. If she is like the others in her family she will have a heck of a career.
                "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Congratulations Chloe! Welcome!

Comment

I trust our coaches to make wise decisions when it comes to offering valuable scholarships. I do wonder sometimes if we are little quick to offer legacy players like Boever and Cornemann as they are both very different players than their sisters before them.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                      I trust our coaches to make wise decisions when it comes to offering valuable scholarships. I do wonder sometimes if we are little quick to offer legacy players like Boever and Cornemann as they are both very different players than their sisters before them.
                      I highly doubt the coaches would offer a scholarship to any player if it wasn't fully deserving. There are only so many to go around, and they have to be wise in who they offer them to. I think SDSU's track record speaks for itself.
                      Add to that, it's not like SDSU was the only school recruiting or offering the two players mentioned above.

Comment

Originally posted by JamesJacks View Post
                        I highly doubt the coaches would offer a scholarship to any player if it wasn't fully deserving. There are only so many to go around, and they have to be wise in who they offer them to. I think SDSU's track record speaks for itself.
                        Add to that, it's not like SDSU was the only school recruiting or offering the two players mentioned above.
                        who else offered them?

Comment

I golfed her with her dad Dave yesterday. Chloe garnered increased interest from several programs after and exceptional summer. She had at least 2 other DI offers, I don't think she was very interested in either one.

Regardless, AJ offered her because of HER talent and HER ability on the court. My advice, trust the people who know what they are doing.
                          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                            I golfed her with her dad Dave yesterday. Chloe garnered increased interest from several programs after and exceptional summer. She had at least 2 other DI offers, I don't think she was very interested in either one.

Regardless, AJ offered her because of HER talent and HER ability on the court. My advice, trust the people who know what they are doing.
                            I wasn't seeking anyone's advice just stating an opinion. I hope both girls exceed expectations.

Comment

I wasn't seeking anyone's advice just stating an opinion. I hope both girls exceed expectations.
                              I didn't say you had to take my advice, I was just offering it. FYI, I had the same question you proposed for Dave and he felt it was a legitimate one. We both agreed that AJ and his staff seem to know what they are doing. I don't want to speak for you.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                                I didn't say you had to take my advice, I was just offering it. FYI, I had the same question you proposed for Dave and he felt it was a legitimate one. We both agreed that AJ and his staff seem to know what they are doing. I don't want to speak for you.
                                I think AJ and his staff do an amazing job on the recruiting front and blending a group of quality players into a team. I sometimes think we lack a certain kind of player and that is exposed the deeper you go in the NCAA tournament.

Comment

Working...
                                X