Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2012 recruit?

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
    I think AJ and his staff do an amazing job on the recruiting front and blending a group of quality players into a team. I sometimes think we lack a certain kind of player and that is exposed the deeper you go in the NCAA tournament.
    Excellent point. I've talked to AJ about that and as we all know, its easier to talk about than it is to accomplish. So, you get the best you can and get the most out of them, no argument that SDSU has done just that in womens hoops.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
      Excellent point. I've talked to AJ about that and as we all know, its easier to talk about than it is to accomplish. So, you get the best you can and get the most out of them, no argument that SDSU has done just that in womens hoops.
      And the most impressive aspect of the SDSU WBB teams, is that AJ is doing this with local, upper midwest talent. It is such a delight to see South Dakotans and Minnesotans (which is 90-95% of the undergrads?) make these accomplishments.

Comment

Just my opinion, having seen Ketty in High School and now Chloe, while they are completely different players, I think Chloe is further along at this point than Ketty was going into her Junior year.

I would bet a lot of that has to do with having Ketty for an older sister. When you grow up in a sports family you grow up playing against your siblings... I guarantee Ketty has been out there working with Chloe. I for one am THRILLED to have her as a Jackrabbit.

Comment

Originally posted by leeshajo View Post
          Just my opinion, having seen Ketty in High School and now Chloe, while they are completely different players, I think Chloe is further along at this point than Ketty was going into her Junior year.

I would bet a lot of that has to do with having Ketty for an older sister. When you grow up in a sports family you grow up playing against your siblings... I guarantee Ketty has been out there working with Chloe. I for one am THRILLED to have her as a Jackrabbit.
          I think its hard to say. Ketty's team had a lot of talented players. Chloe's does as well but I'm not sure if they are as talented as the players on Ketty's high school teams.
          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

Comment

I was impressed with Heidi Hoff of Brandon Valley. According to the television announcers, she had one of the best state tournaments of all-time for an individual. She finished with 11 threes in the tournament (2 shy of the record), 5 threes in a game (one shy of the record), 34 points in the first round (record), 78 points in the tournament (3 shy of the record) and not to mention her state championship. She is listed as a 5'10" guard (and we all know A.J. likes long athletic guards.) Her averages in the state tourney were 26 ppg, 11 rpg, and 4.7 apg. SDSU material?

Comment

Originally posted by SDHoops View Post
              I was impressed with Heidi Hoff of Brandon Valley. According to the television announcers, she had one of the best state tournaments of all-time for an individual. She finished with 11 threes in the tournament (2 shy of the record), 5 threes in a game (one shy of the record), 34 points in the first round (record), 78 points in the tournament (3 shy of the record) and not to mention her state championship. She is listed as a 5'10" guard (and we all know A.J. likes long athletic guards.) Her averages in the state tourney were 26 ppg, 11 rpg, and 4.7 apg. SDSU material?
              The replacements for our graduating seniors have already been taken.This year,if I'm not mistaken,we had a roster that numbered 13, we are allowed 15 max I believe.We have two scholarships to give .It's up to the powers that be I guess who they will fill their immediate needs with.She does sound like a good candidate though.

Comment

I've been wondering if we had been recruiting her or not. I've heard NDSU and Colorado State among others have been. I assume she will want to make a decision this spring some time to allow her to get ready for her senior year. I'd love to see her in Jackrabbit blue.
                One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

So what's the latest on that phenom freshman from a couple years ago...Riley Nordgaard?

Has she verballed anywhere?
                  "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
                    So what's the latest on that phenom freshman from a couple years ago...Riley Nordgaard?

This site just says she is ranked 11th in Minnesota for 2012 recruits and no verbal.

http://gprep.net/200rankings.html

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post

Still a person of interest.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                        Still a person of interest.
                        No longer a person of interest. Riley has verballed to Augustana.

Comment

Riley Nordgaard verballed to Augie. She's going to be great, I really believe that. Tough loss for the Jacks in my mind.

Comment

Did we offer her? Missed opportunity or loss?

Comment

Originally posted by Borderboy View Post
                              Riley Nordgaard verballed to Augie. She's going to be great, I really believe that. Tough loss for the Jacks in my mind.
                              Did the Jacks offer? Whether they did or not is irrelevant now I guess. I don't see this as a tough loss for the Jacks, and not because I think Nordgaard couldn't play D1 basketball. I'd be willing to bet she was getting some interest from smaller D1 schools. I have no knowledge of this situation but players choosing to play D2 over D1 (if they have that opportunity) must factor in the commitment between the two levels. Playing D1 basketball requires is a commitment 365 days a year, and that's not for everyone. There is more time off for players in college at the lower levels.

Comment

Originally posted by JamesJacks View Post
                                Did the Jacks offer? Whether they did or not is irrelevant now I guess. I don't see this as a tough loss for the Jacks, and not because I think Nordgaard couldn't play D1 basketball. I'd be willing to bet she was getting some interest from smaller D1 schools. I have no knowledge of this situation but players choosing to play D2 over D1 (if they have that opportunity) must factor in the commitment between the two levels. Playing D1 basketball requires is a commitment 365 days a year, and that's not for everyone. There is more time off for players in college at the lower levels.
                                Article regarding her verbal committment.

http://www.marshallindependent.com/p....html?nav=5021

Comment

Working...
                                X