X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2012 recruit?

Originally posted by JamesJacks View Post
    Did the Jacks offer?
    Apparently she was on the radar and she said thanks but no thanks. Good luck to Riley.

Comment

Originally posted by SDHoops View Post
      I was impressed with Heidi Hoff of Brandon Valley. According to the television announcers, she had one of the best state tournaments of all-time for an individual. She finished with 11 threes in the tournament (2 shy of the record), 5 threes in a game (one shy of the record), 34 points in the first round (record), 78 points in the tournament (3 shy of the record) and not to mention her state championship. She is listed as a 5'10" guard (and we all know A.J. likes long athletic guards.) Her averages in the state tourney were 26 ppg, 11 rpg, and 4.7 apg. SDSU material?
      Heidi verballed to USD earlier this week.
      One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Originally posted by Borderboy View Post
        Riley Nordgaard verballed to Augie. She's going to be great, I really believe that. Tough loss for the Jacks in my mind.
        Spoke to a friend of the family and it came down to Riley's comfort level with Augie. Without speculating he suggested that she felt the balance between academics and athletics and the opportunities in the healthcare field in Sioux Falls outweighed the benefits of playing at the DI level.
        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Good to see Hoff and Nordgaard choosing to play at schools in South Dakota, even if it isn't SDSU.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
            Spoke to a friend of the family and it came down to Riley's comfort level with Augie. Without speculating he suggested that she felt the balance between academics and athletics and the opportunities in the healthcare field in Sioux Falls outweighed the benefits of playing at the DI level.

If there's a D1 women's basketball program that knows how to balance athletics and academics, it's the SDSU Jackrabbits. Didn't we finish best in the country a few times and 2nd last year? Knowing that, I would guess it wasn't a balance between those two things. I can see the healthcare angle though.

Comment

If there's a D1 women's basketball program that knows how to balance athletics and academics, it's the SDSU Jackrabbits. Didn't we finish best in the country a few times and 2nd last year? Knowing that, I would guess it wasn't a balance between those two things. I can see the healthcare angle though.
              I didn't say I agreed with her logic just reporting what the family told my friend. She was just more comfortable with the opportunity at Augustana and part of that decision included the balance between the coaches expectation and academics. You can look at it however you want but those are the facts.
              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

Comment

I didn't say I agreed with her logic just reporting what the family told my friend. She was just more comfortable with the opportunity at Augustana and part of that decision included the balance between the coaches expectation and academics. You can look at it however you want but those are the facts.
                jackmd I wasn't saying anyone was right or wrong. Just thinking out loud (or with the keyboard).

Comment

Apparently a good choice was made. End of story.

Comment

Yes sir.

Does anyone know of any offers out to 2012 kids?

Comment

With the recent verbal of the 2013 recruit, I'm wondering if we have any news on potential 2012 kids? Usually by this time we have some verbals, don't we?

Comment

With the recent verbal of the 2013 recruit, I'm wondering if we have any news on potential 2012 kids? Usually by this time we have some verbals, don't we?
                        As mentioned earlier and if I'm not mistaken Chloe Corneman verbally committed for 2012. I'm not sure of any others.

Comment

I know of a 6'2" girl that SDSU has been looking at. I'm not sure if SDSU offered, or will offer, but she has also been getting looks from several other D1 schools as well. Her name is Alanna Brown Bull and she is from Kyle, S.D. She will be a senior this year. It would be awesome for her to stay in state and play D1 ball! Here is a short video of her: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqkbZBferg8

Comment

Ms. Brown Bull seems to have the ability to shoot from anywhere and moved without the ball. If the grades are there, a native american would be a nice addition to South Dakota St.

Comment

Is Ms. Brown Bull a back to the basket post player,or does she play more away from the basket ?

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                                Is Ms. Brown Bull a back to the basket post player,or does she play more away from the basket ?
                                From the times I saw her play, she seemed like she starts out down low and moves her way out. I have seen her use the drop step nicely to her advantage throughout her career so my guess is she can play where needed.

Comment

Working...
                                X