This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Game Thread: Baylor

I'm posting just as a poster, not going Moderator on anybody (yet).

Kurt. You need to cool off. If someone printed your posts in the past month, particularly those in the past 24 hours, and sent them to the Young family -- you suggest you know them well -- they'd be very uncomfortable.

I think it is supremely safe to say EVERYONE on this Board is delighted Jill Young is a Jackrabbit. Your comments, however, beg responses and some responses could be construed as a negative comment on Young. So why don't you just knock it off.

Second, I think it is equally safe to say all Jacks fans but you cannot be happier with the coaches we have and we're terrified about the day that will come when we lose Johnston and Mellum. I categorically reject everything you have posted and I wish you'd just go away.

Everyone else: I suggest no one respond to Kurt Evans.

Okay, putting Moderator hat back on.

Comment

Originally posted by Kurt_Evans View Post
      Maybe, and maybe it would be good advice.

No, if Aaron Johnston was coaching at the tenth-grade level, it probably wouldn't bother me as much.

He doesn't seem to have the ability to evaluate the basketball IQ of individual players, and he's wasting it where it exists by micromanaging the offense. I think the "Coach Of The Year" stuff has gone to his head.
      Huh? What? Really? If that is a serious post, oh my?

AJ proved to everyone in the country he is an outstanding situational coach.

Geez, I hope that was sarcasm Kurt.

GB, GB, GJ!

SUPERBUNNY
      MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

If we are going to talk about the coaching ability of AJ Johnston, I will repeat an earlier statement. If my personal life could include 1/10 of the Coach's discipline and order, I would indeed have a much more organized and happier life. In other words, AJ knows what needs to be done, he has a plan, and he communicates to his players. This team I can not recall ever being confused about what to do next nor what each player's role was and if anyone lost the game, it was the entire team. Each and everyone of them could executed just a little better and that little extra effort most likely would have put SDSU in the sweet sixteen. It did not happen so its a collective effort win or lose. The competition would not have gotten easier. Watching the clip of UConn, be thankful they were not in the same region as SDSU.

Gosh I hope AJ and Mellum are with us next year. We best be on guard the next few weeks as a number of coaches will be receiving walking papers and these institutions will be in a market for a successfull up and coming coach.

Any criticism of AJ at this point is pure lunacy.

Comment

On a totally different subject......

NO SDSU player had a career night last night, and the Jacks lost by two.

Kelli Griffin, however, set a career best for points and the Bears shot nearly 90% from the free-throw line (a third again as well as they shot in the regular season).

The Jacks pushed Baylor as hard on offense as I think any team they've beaten this year. By contrast, Baylor's defense did not substantially impact the play of the Jacks on offense.

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
            Huh? What? Really? If that is a serious post, oh my?

AJ proved to everyone in the country he is an outstanding situational coach.

Geez, I hope that was sarcasm Kurt.

GB, GB, GJ!

SUPERBUNNY
            Look at the play where Jill got the layup to tie the game. To me it looked like they were expecting them to run after Jill so she couldn't shoot a three. So AJ sets a screen on the wing and Jill goes back door to get the layup.

I thought that was a very well drawn-up play and I will give AJ credit. If they don't score two there it's probably over before the last shot.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowbell View Post
              Kurt, I've read your posts about Jill Young for several months.
              Then you're apparently a very slow reader.

In one post you included her picture and made reference to her eyes.
              "JackJD" originally posted that picture honoring Jill's selection to the Summit League's all-tourney team:
              http://sdsufans.com/board/showthread.php?p=114140

I posted it in the "Jill Young" thread along with a joke about her "unique combination of long-range shooting, pretty eyes, and over 1600 Facebook friends." It seemed funny at the moment, but I decided it might be misunderstood and removed it—obviously not quickly enough.

For you, Jill Young appears to be more than a basketball player.
              We have a few mutual friends (in real life, not on Facebook).

It's obvious you are dealing with some obsessive behavior here and might need some professional help. I am dead serious.
              Everyone is dealing with some obsessive behavior, but you're clearly insinuating a much more serious accusation. Please stop.
              facebook.com/kurt.evans.70

"I want you to play like you're loved. Play freely. Love isn't dependent on your performance. No matter how you play, you are loved. Play with that in mind."
              —Scott Nagy

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                Not to mention posting a picture of her playing when she was according to Kurt a junior high student.
                That picture is from her high school team's website:
                http://ge013.k12.sd.us/girls_basketball_photos.htm

The post was meant to celebrate her performance against TCU, but I've removed it now.

"I want you to play like you're loved. Play freely. Love isn't dependent on your performance. No matter how you play, you are loved. Play with that in mind."
                —Scott Nagy

Comment

• Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                  If someone printed your posts in the past month, particularly those in the past 24 hours, and sent them to the Young family -- you suggest you know them well -- they'd be very uncomfortable.
                  I wouldn't necessarily say I know Jill's parents well, but they've always been friendly toward me, and I think they're great people.

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                  So why don't you just knock it off.
                  I probably will.

—Scott Nagy

Comment

I think people are jumping to conclusions about kurt, with little or no regards to his feelings.What's that say about you?

Comment

Drop it, everyone.

First and last warning.

Thread closed.
                      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Working...
                      X