X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Game Thread: Baylor

Originally posted by AnimalHouse83 View Post
    It just wasn't meant to be ... this time.
    Yeah, this is UConn's tournament this year . . .

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
      I detected severe sarcasm in that post!

SUPERBUNNY
      No, I really want to know.

Comment

You need to check out some of the threads on ESPN.com

http://boards.espn.go.com/boards/mb/...rt=ncaa&id=ncw

here is one quote:

Congratulations to South Dakota Jackrabbits despite the final score of the Baylor game! My VT Hokies weren't present but I enjoyed watching South Dakota who maybe the most exciting and possibly a Final 4 team were it not for the terrible officiating. This game was not won by Baylor but by an officiating crew who decided to prevent another blow-out by the new-comers. In the end the fouls were near equal but only after the officials took South Dakota out of their game early on when they had a double digit lead. Shame on this crew for bowing to the antics of a "future Hall of Fame Coach"(?). Those who were not able to watch South Dakota in this tournament missed some great ball playing and passion. Women's basketball is the loser in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by tattoo View Post
          You need to check out some of the threads on ESPN.com

http://boards.espn.go.com/boards/mb/...rt=ncaa&id=ncw
          I have been, I would say for the most part... unless you are a BU fan.. most people think SDSU was the better team

Comment

I think we learn a lot from this game. We learned that we can take on a top 5 team and beat them. I know the score doesn't reflect them, but in my mind, we did. The loss will also make the returning players work that much harder in the off season. They will work on all aspects of their game and get stronger. AJ and the coaching staff will also learn from this game and gain experience from being in big, close games. It will be almost impossible to top the season we had this year. 32-3 is hard to beat. I expect their out of conference schedule will improve to bring their RPI up some more. I believe we have the women's basketball attention now. We will nevery be regarded lightly again and sneak up on teams. Our recognition should improve next year and gain some more respect from what we have done this year. Great year girls!

Comment

Originally posted by leeshajo View Post
              I have been, I would say for the most part... unless you are a BU fan.. most people think SDSU was the better team
              I am So_Dak_St on that site, I see you there with me all the time!

Comment

There was no blame in this game...
                At halftime my brother called from Nashville to ask why Jill was getting so little time, and I told him I'd been wondering the same thing. During the second half I told the guy watching the game with me exactly what I thought about it. Trust me: There was blame.

(also you caught me at the end of hearing the ESPN wrapup... I was already a bit steamed)
                That's no problem.
                facebook.com/kurt.evans.70

"I want you to play like you're loved. Play freely. Love isn't dependent on your performance. No matter how you play, you are loved. Play with that in mind."
                —Scott Nagy

Comment

Originally posted by tattoo View Post
                  I am So_Dak_St on that site, I see you there with me all the time!
                  I figured that out a while back.. I can't remember which post it was that you put up that made it click...lol

Comment

Originally posted by Kurt_Evans View Post
                    At halftime my brother called from Nashville to ask why Jill was getting so little time, and I told him I'd been wondering the same thing. During the second half I told the guy watching the game with me exactly what I thought about it. Trust me: There was blame.

That's no problem.

My God Man...this isn't freaking High School Basketball where the player's parents whine all off season about the lack of playing time their kid got in the "big game"....it's the damn 2nd round of the NCAA DIVISON I TOURNAMENT.

I think even Jill herself would tell you to relax.

AJ's up for coach of the year and you're on here making comments like it was a 10th grade game? Really?? Come on? Just stop already, it's as embarrassing as the referreeing we had to endure tonight.

Go Jacks!!
                    SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Originally posted by darkerstill View Post
                      Originally posted by Kurt_Evans
                      Yes, my opinion of Aaron Johnston as a coach declined substantially tonight.
                      Why?
                      Mainly because his second best player shot fifty percent, made great decisions with the ball, committed ZERO turnovers, played solid position defense, and watched more than half the game from the bench.

"I want you to play like you're loved. Play freely. Love isn't dependent on your performance. No matter how you play, you are loved. Play with that in mind."
                      —Scott Nagy

Comment

Why was Jill on the bench?

Because of Griffin. Jill's an undersized redshirt freshman and Griffin was -the- matchup that Baylor had on SDSU.

Understand, I mean NO disrespect to Jill whatsoever, however, the Jacks needed a better player on defense against Griffin.

Griffin was, flat out, the difference in that game. SDSU didn't have an answer for her.

Comment

Mainly because his second best player shot fifty percent, committed ZERO turnovers, played solid position defense, and watched more than half the game from the bench.
                          I would bag to differ. She was a liability on d. Their guards were a step faster than ours. Jill is a step slower than our other guards. Do the math. She is a great player and an even better shooter. But those are all truths

Comment

Originally posted by zooropa View Post
                            Morrow was, flat out, the difference in that game. SDSU didn't have an answer for her.
                            Was that supposed to be a joke? Morrow shot 2-for-10 and had one rebound and no assists in 26 minutes.

—Scott Nagy

Comment

Was that supposed to be a joke? Morrow shot 2-for-10 and had one rebound and no assists in 26 minutes.
                              No. It was a mistake. I meant their #2, Griffin.

Griffin was the difference, and she's the reason why Jill sat. Jill did not matchup well against her.

And, again, I don't want to put too much of this on Jill's shoulders--she's a readshirt freshman, and shouldn't be expected to walk onto the court and neutralize a player like Griffin.

Comment

Just to play devil's advocate, if Griffin was already getting hers then whoever was guarding her wasn't doing much anyways, why not put Jill in there? She'll at least be an offensive upgrade.
                                Originally posted by JackFan96
                                Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Working...
                                X