Bracketology

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Bracketology

I am assuming Fezzador had been celebrating a little too much immediately before that post. We are a very good team, but having watched UCONN several times, I am not sure if anyone will give them much of a game. Can a team knock them off? sure, but I doubt they are afraid of anyone at all.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

I agree about Ohio State , don't overlook them, they lost to Minn, but Minn either plays good or terrible, not consistent, like to read thier fan forum though, & they've got respect for Ohio State, theyve got a big talented post player, i wanna say lavendore or something like that, she's good, but you put jenn down low on one side & maria on the other, she can't cover both sides at once. We use quickness to get to the hoop.I think 2 power forwards can trump one post player.Especially if you keep her guessing which side to defend,once contested , dish off to the other slashing her way to the hoop.See that a lot more in men's game i think.It seems to be all timing .When to start your move, give person trying to drive an option to dish off to someone , rather than just be stuck holding the ball so to speak.If were hitting 3's from the outside, that makes it even easier if they have to come out & gaurd closer to the perimeter.
      You wouldn,t want to go directly at her , i wouldn't think, i'll let a greater basketball mind than mine figure out how to match player for player, game strtegy & all that, I'll just have fun watching , can't wait.The excitement is building
      Last edited by jackdaniel; 03-12-2009, 12:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
        I agree about Ohio State , don't overlook them, they lost to Minn, but Minn either plays good or terrible, not consistent, like to read thier fan forum though, & they've got respect for Ohio State, theyve got a big talented post player, i wanna say lavendore or something like that, she's good, but you put jenn down low on one side & maria on the other, she can't cover both sides at once. We use quickness to get to the hoop.I think 2 power forwards can trump one post player.Especially if you keep her guessing which side to defend,once contested , dish off to the other slashing her way to the hoop.See that a lot more in men's game i think.
        You wouldn,t want to go directly at her , i wouldn't think, i'll let a greater basketball mind than mine figure out how to match player for player, game strtegy & all that, I'll just have fun watching , can't wait.The excitement is building
        I believe their post is Chantel Lavender - they also have another big,bulky but agile post in Starr Allen.The problem with having to continually double the post is that a good passing team will get lots of good looks.

Comment

I am excited as anyone about the Jacks but remain realistic. Have any of you watched UConn this year? Did you see what they did to Louisville in the Big East finals? I realize that is a bit of a down year for most of the big powers but UConn is the team to beat. Do I think the Jacks can give them a run? Absolutely.

Comment

They (UConn) have beaten every team they have played this year by double digits! There is UConn, then there are the next three or four teams, and then it drops down to the level we are in IMO.

I just hope we get a seed that allows us to avoid one of those top schools until the Sweet 16. Don't get me wrong, I can't wait to play those schools but it would be nice if we could have a couple of very winnable games first.

Going to be a blast!

GB, GB, GJ!

SUPERBUNNY
            MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Uconn vs the field.......I'll take Uconn

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                Personally, I'd love to see how we match up against Vanderbilt . . . they look like almost another mirror image of SDSU -- small, quick, good outside shooters.
                Watching them in the SEC tourney, 100% agree. Only issue is that Vandy is not as deep as Jacks. But they have different lead scorers each game too.

Comment

Originally posted by minnesotarabbit View Post
                  I'm with you. UConn fears no one. They may lose to somebody but I doubt it. the Jacks gotta hope to avoid any chance of playing them until the Finals.

Comment

Originally posted by minnesotarabbit View Post
                    No doubt. Easier choice than picking Tiger against the field.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Big games tonight for Montana and Utah in semi-finals of their conference tourneys if you guys are looking for some teams to cheer for. Both of them winning their conference would look great on our resume.

Comment

utah advances to championship game on a shot by Warburton. common montana

Comment

I see Illinois St. lost in the conference tourney today. Charlie Creme had SDSU playing them in the first round on his Bracket picks. I guess that will change.

Also Kansas St. lost today and they were projected as a No. 5 seed, maybe they drop and SDSU moves up. These two programs are fairly close in a lot of ranking systems. I still like being a No. 6 seed though.

(\__/)
                          (='.'=)
                          (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

charlies latest has us in the same spot but now facing off in a rematch against Montana

Comment

Utah comes from bedhind and wins the Mountain West Conf championship over San Diego State.

Comment

Originally posted by leeshajo View Post
                                charlies latest has us in the same spot but now facing off in a rematch against Montana
                                I don't think that will happen. If I remember correctly, I thought the NCAA really tried to avoid that.

Comment

Working...
                                X