2009 Recruits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2009 Recruits

Yes, Beck was healthy this year. She simply did not put up any kind of numbers that would warrent an all-state selection, epecially with how loaded with talent the AA girls were this year. I think she will be a fine college player as she continues to improve.

Good luck to both Beck and Osterello. SDSU still had a HELL of a recruiting class!

Comment

It will be interesting to see how Beck develops in college. I think it might be a bit of a stretch for her to play at this level, but obviously NDSU thinks she can and time will tell. Lingle has a college basketball frame right now and I think her size and shot blocking ability will help us compete better with some of the bigger teams.

Comment

How does Lingle compare to Sunnaborg? They are the same height, but do they have similar games?

Comment

Originally posted by JamesJacks View Post
          How does Lingle compare to Sunnaborg? They are the same height, but do they have similar games?
          I think Lingle will be fine . She comes from a school that has produced three Division I women's basketball players in the past three years, two Division I men's basketball players in the past four years, one Division II women's basketball signee, one NAIA women's basketball starter, and one JUCO All-American (yes ming, I know he didn't graduate from there but he learned a lot at Pierre). She has been a mainstay the past three years for a team that has competed for a state championship and this year alone played alongside two college signees other than herself. This isn't more toward you JamesJacks, but previous comments: we shouldn't be asking about why she is or isn't on certain teams. The SDSU women's basketball team prides itself on balance and having good role players, yet we aren't impressed if a girl isn't putting up 20 and 10 a game. She is solid and has a lot of upside. She will be a better person for it than when she leaves SDSU with a degree.

Comment

I haven't seen Lingle play yet. I was just wondering if her game was similar to Sunnaborg's game.

Comment

Lingle was awarded the MVP at the 3 class shootout this weekend. She is going to continue to develop and will be a solid post presence.

Spoke with Tara Heiser on Saturday. She is in a walking boot for 6 weeks and will be re-evaluated then. No surgery for now. She is excited to be a Jackrabbit and won't let this set her back.

Pretty sure Fiegen was selected as the boy's MVP.
              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                Lingle was awarded the MVP at the 3 class shootout this weekend. She is going to continue to develop and will be a solid post presence.

Spoke with Tara Heiser on Saturday. She is in a walking boot for 6 weeks and will be re-evaluated then. No surgery for now. She is excited to be a Jackrabbit and won't let this set her back.

Pretty sure Fiegen was selected as the boy's MVP.
                Seems like future SDSU players had a good showing at the 3 Class Shootout: http://www.mitchellrepublic.com/arti...section=Sports

Summary: As mentioned, Lingle was named girls Class AA MVP and Fiegen was named boys Class A MVP, but in addition Brayden Carlson was boys class AA MVP and Chad White won the slam dunk contest!
                If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                - Steven Wright

Comment

Here's a short story on a twin cities station about Leah and her academic and athletic abilities. Sounds like she's like the type of kids we already have on the women's team.

http://www.kare11.com/life/community...04246&catid=65

Comment

Ashley Eide honored by FCA.

http://www.argusleader.com/article/2...12/1002/sports

Comment

• Re: 2009 Recruits

Evidently Lingle has been very impressive in pre-season workouts!

Comment

• Re: 2009 Recruits

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                        Evidently Lingle has been very impressive in pre-season workouts!
                        Watched some of the old games of last year, was impressed with the play under the basket, i think quickness ,especially by Jenn, was what i really hadn't noticed until i went back & replayed some of last years games.What I mean by quickness I guess, is that from the time she caught the ball til the time a shot was taken,or move tqward the basket taken, the defender had almost no time to respond.They also showed great court sense to know when the defender was out of position, & showed good dicipline to not take the bad shot.

Comment

Working...
                        X