2009 Recruits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2009 Recruits

They listed her at center, but she's not a center. She's a forward type. Plays both inside and outside.

Saw on a website that Leah is a McDonald's All-American nominee.

http://www.gprep.net

Comment

Heading to Jordan Friday night to watch Dietel play...will post my thoughts on Saturday. She's 6-1 and could play point guard with her athletic abilities IMO, but sounds like she will make a great front-liner.

Comment

She looks like a 3 to me. Very athletic Big, with good guard skills but size to bang.

She's a mismatch for most people.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
          Heading to Jordan Friday night to watch Dietel play...will post my thoughts on Saturday. She's 6-1 and could play point guard with her athletic abilities IMO, but sounds like she will make a great front-liner.

#1,

Look forward to your report on Leah. She has some big shoes to fill and expectations are high. Trust you won't be to biased? Just kidding.

GBGBGJ

Comment

Undefeated Pierre, with two SDSU recruits, Lingle and Paluch, traveled to Watertown, with SDSU recruit Heiser.....Watertown dominated, finishing the game (was at the game but spaced the final score!) with about a 15-point margin. Heiser had a great game, 19 points.

Not sure what was going on with Pierre...this was not their usual game. The coaches just sat on the bench and were very passive. While Paluch didn't have huge point production, you can see she's athletic. Hard to judge Lingle's play--it was pretty physical under the basket.

Added later: final score was Watertown 58, Pierre 43
            Last edited by JackJD; 02-14-2009, 12:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chains View Post
              #1,

Look forward to your report on Leah. She has some big shoes to fill and expectations are high. Trust you won't be to biased? Just kidding.

GBGBGJ
              No bias through these (yellow and blue) glasses. Unfortunately (and I knew it would be true but this was the only game we could attend), it was a very lopsided game against a lesser opponent, which sometimes skews things a bit.

My major impression...Leah reminds both of us, a lot, of Jenn Warkenthien when we saw her play at Willow Lake...if that pans out, it tells you a lot. She runs the floor great, played on the perimeter when she wound up bringing the ball down and hit two of four threes (almost three -- one down and out), but mostly they had her with her back to the basket. LeSeur-Henderson played zone and sagged a lot on her. She is lean and athletic. Shot free throws very nicely, and if I thought there was an area of improvement needed, it might have been in rebounding (although she blocked out well and let her teammates grab the rebounds on a number of occasions.) She does make good, crisp passes to her teammates.

We ran into Megan Vogel, who also came to check her out, and since it was a lopsided game, we probably spent more time visiting than we did watching, so didn't keep track of the points...but Leah will be a very good addition to next year's team! Megan will be at the doubleheader tonight.

Brittany Chambers, the Jordan teammate of Leah, who has signed with Kansas State, is a very good point guard and played very well also.

Comment

Another great night for Eide.

Ashley Eide scored 24 points and had seven steals and nine rebounds to lead Washington past Rapid City Stevens 69-26 on Friday night in Rapid City.

Eide was 11-for-13 from the floor with two free throws.

http://www.argusleader.com/article/2...26/1002/sports

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
                  Another great night for Eide.

Ashley Eide scored 24 points and had seven steals and nine rebounds to lead Washington past Rapid City Stevens 69-26 on Friday night in Rapid City.

Eide was 11-for-13 from the floor with two free throws.

http://www.argusleader.com/article/2...26/1002/sports
                  Seems like getting her to walk-on was a steal.

Comment

I don't believe she is walking on. Somewhere I read that she will receive the scholarship vacated by Laura Nielsen. I actually think that Eide may be the best of our 4 SD recruits.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                      Seems like getting her to walk-on was a steal.
                      She did get Laura's scholarship.

However, she agreed to walk-on..... But consider the area in which SDSU is the premier WBB program....

SDSU is, right now, 'first among equals' with Utah, New Mexico, Montana, Gonzaga, Wyoming, and Wisconsin-Green Bay. And the closest BCS schools of note are K-State, Purdue, and geez, I don't know, Stanford or Cal to the west.

Comment

I know her uncle and sounds like she has always wanted to be a Jackrabbit and is really excited. I think she might be walking on her first year and then going on scholarship her second year?

Comment

Originally posted by 76Rabbit View Post
                          I don't believe she is walking on. Somewhere I read that she will receive the scholarship vacated by Laura Nielsen. I actually think that Eide may be the best of our 4 SD recruits.
                          Ah, thanks for the clarification. I knew she had agreed to walk-on, but didn't know she had gotten the scholarship vacated by Laura.

Comment

Somebody better let ESPN HoopGurlz know, they have her verbaled with USD

First name: Last name:
                            South Dakota

Year founded: 0
                            Nickname: Coyotes
                            Type (Students): null

Year: 2012 2011 2010 20092008
                            Commits Considering On the Trail Other News

Last Updated:2/10/2009Data provided by Scouts, Inc. 2009 Player Commits
                            NAME POS HT WT SCHOOL RANK GRADE STATUS NOTES Ashley Eide Guard 5-8 Washington H.S. (SD) 40Verbal Emily GuentherPostnull Southeast Polk H.S. (IA) 40Signed

Comment

Done...now let's see if they correct it!

Comment

Eide had 22 pts, 20 rebounds, 5 steals and 3 assists last night.

http://www.argusleader.com/article/2...57/1002/sports

Comment

Working...
                                X